8 Essential Kingdom Building Tips Survival Minecraft

Dski1666's Avatar Dski166611/9/23 1:31 am
2 emeralds 154 4
11/27/2023 6:48 pm
Dski1666's Avatar Dski1666
Dski1666
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/13/2023 10:38 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
Basic tips but useful for newer players 👍 (Prior planning prevents….)

Building storage (particularly organized storage) early merits special notice. (Although I like to set up satellite temporary supply/crafting sites for each major build as well… Just remeber take them down as each builds is completed.)

Not sure is how important this is in BR, but I don't see any lighting of the water (drowned can be annoying).

I'd also move palette selection earlier in the process and add local 'construction' farms (eg. a food source, woodlots, sheep) since one will be spending considerable time in the area which allows growing and harvesting resourecs locally.
The idea here is to utilize the ticking area around the player to generate resources while construction is underway, but not build anything that will later need to be removed that requires a sustantial investement.
[An alternative is to plan the major 'kingdom' structures to hold various farms (eg. placing an iron farm in a castle tower).]
11/17/2023 1:38 pm
Dski1666
Keep an eye out for Part 2 that has come out today :) For building a kingdom, the need for "farms" really don't come into play as you are mostly using wood and stone to construct vs crops, mob drops so there is little focus on that in the main steps. A Stone farm would be useful early on, but mining would be more important to be able to get all stone resources needed. A Mob farm (which is covered today in part 2 is super critical in order to be able to obtain XP and to be able to mend tools.

I like the idea about moving palette selection sooner.

The lighting in the water (since we will be doing a lot of work in the water) will be addressed in episode 3 as we will be talking about obtaining and making a conduit in that episode for that specific purpose.

Love the in depth comments you had! Thank you for taking the time to reach out with them too. It is all about sharing ideas and coming up with best approaches that work for helping others!

Dski1666
11/27/2023 6:48 pm
Dski1666
I thought you were referring to actual "farm farms" :)
11/19/2023 12:11 am
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
I took a look at part two and there appears to be a very small cane farm along the water's edge (for paper to complement the gunpowder from the general mob farm?)

This is the sort of thing I meant by 'construction farm'. As another example, you have plenty of space in the yet to be built sections, so I would be inclinded to grow at least some or the oak & spruce on site rather than transport it. Similarly, breeding passives can provide a stopgap source of XP while getting the mob farm built.

A pumpkin farm (for the jacks to drowned proof the water) would be another I'd be likely to set up.

None of these has a huge effect, but I find needing to haul materials particularly annoying and have adapted whatever I can to minimise doing so.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome