Creating a Youtube Account | Need General Feedback!

Zelkia's Avatar Zelkia8/10/16 5:10 am
1 emeralds 279 2
8/19/2016 2:50 am
Indraft's Avatar Indraft
Hey everyone! So, for a long, long time i've thought of creating a Youtube account, and several things i've done already are MY name and the kinds of things i'll be doing, and i want you all to give me some criticism, and to tell me how i should do it so that it's right, and to tell me what i should drop.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First off, i'll have 2 channels. One for just solo things, and one where my friends usually join me, in either multiplayer lets plays or just group things, similar to what Hard4Games does.

The question for this one: Should it be 2 channels? Should i merge them? Should i only have one and not the other? I also need suggestions for a good name for the Group. Should it JUST be the group channel, i will still use my name in my intro if by myself.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second, the content i'll do. It will, like many others, mainly revolve around gaming- Generally Nintendo related stuff, with some others. I'm talkin' Zelda, Mario, some Pokemon, all that stuff. when i say others i'm talking just other games i like. Spyro, Sonic, Crash, etc etc. I'm not gonna be a guy who does CoD or Battlefield or possibly even TF2 videos, so don't ask. I would mainly play singleplayer or local multiplayer games, and preferably ones with story and whatnot. Now it won't just be gaming. As my name suggests- Drawing and speedart may be a part of it too, along with maybe even some animation. I may even have some little skits in the mix too.

Questions: Suggestions for series and content types. What other things should i do?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, i just want general feedback. What editing programs? What equipment? How should i do things? Weekly uploads? Uploads every other day? Record on weekends since i have School though i may not when i START the channel? Commentary WHILE doing it any not after-recorded?

I just want general feedback on how i should be doing things, because many details i haven't prepared, like when i should record, upload, and what i should use. Do note, for the time being it MUST, MUST be compatible with Macs. So if, say, Blue Yeti's mics aren't compatible with mac, though they probably are, you don't suggest them. Bandicam or something? Nein, because i use a Macbook.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little gimmick!
-When i'm with 1 or 2 friends, i will think of a duo or trio from gaming that me and my friend(s) will call ourselves. This can be like Link and Navi, Spyro and Cynder, Mario and Luigi, Yoshi and Birdo, you get the point.-
Starting a Youtube channel has pretty much been a dream of mine for a few years now, and will likely be a dream for quite a few more years. I'm 14, and i live with my parents and 2 brothers. Trying to record in that environment equals bedlum, and a lot of editing. So until i can, like, move into a university dorm in 5-6 years, no chance of me doing many videos. Even if i was to record here, it wouldn't be until i was 15 or 16, so yeah.

It's great seeing how Youtubers feel about how many people are so supportive of them, and how much they love them. How they've even supposedly saved a few lives with their content. That is the kind of person i want to be. A person who does what i've wanted to for much of my life, while helping so many people in hard times of their lives, or even just providing entertainment.

So, tell me what i need to do. How i do it. What i need to do it. Again, this has been a dream of mine for several years, and i'd really, really love it if you all could help me. Anyone that's in this, thank you.

Also, one final statement... Ya don't see many young teens as mature as me, do ya? Anyone in High school, you'll know that...
Zelkia
Level 39 : Artisan Nerd