Feedback on a video?

ASF's Avatar ASF6/15/14 10:26 pm
6/18/2014 12:20 am
ASF's Avatar ASF
Hey guys!
I'm trying to get into Youtube more, and it's really fun!
I've made a tip video for farming trees in Starbound. I know that it's a bit short, and maybe some info is missing, but I wanted to know what you guys thought about it!

I was trying to go for something like Yrmir does for Terraria videos, that's why it's subtitles with music, and all that jazz :l

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c0ZRW48zmI

Any suggestions? I don't want to talk, as my voice honestly just sucks on camera. I'm not a squeaker, I just think I sound weird xD

*EDIT: Come on, 150+ people saw this thread... give me an opinion! Good or bad, it doesn't matter!
ASF
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Skashh
06/17/2014 10:04 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
You can use Audacity to get rid of the static.
ASF
06/17/2014 11:40 pm
I'm not hearing any static. Is anyone else getting static?
Skashh
06/18/2014 12:06 am
Well if you want people to hear you better by turning up your volume which you said would give you a static noise then turn your volume up but use Audacity to take away the static.
ASF
06/18/2014 12:20 am
Ooh I gotcha
I thought you were talking about the video above, not the mic. I'll do a few tests with Audacity and see if I can unstatic it.
Skashh
06/18/2014 12:03 am
Well if you want people to hear you better by turning up your volume which you said would give you a static noise then turn your volume up but use Audacity to take away the static.
hackfoo
06/17/2014 9:39 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
I have feedback!

1. The in-game sound and overlayed music is a little bit too loud.
2. Having white text over a lightly coloured background isn't always helpful for some. (Try putting the text into the dark space at the bottom)

Apart from those two points, you made a video that is helpful to others with a decent explanation of what to do so good job!

P.S. You should try using a microphone and talking over the video, you may think your voice "Sucks" but honestly it's probably just you. Give it a try and let people give you feedback on that!
ASF
06/17/2014 3:50 pm
Thanks for the feedback!

1. Yeah, now that I go back to it, it's kind of annoying to watch.
2. As I was rendering the video, I thought: "Oh, crap. That text is really hard to see...". I'm going to see if there's a way to outline the text, or find a better type of text.

As for the microphone, the one I have isn't too great. It's super quiet, and if I turn the volume higher, it's very static/annnoying.
ASF
06/17/2014 8:11 am
Bump. It's a shame how threads posted in the "Video and Channel" section get literally no views.
vfdsgvrgwrg
06/17/2014 8:33 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Yea, I know how you feel xD
ASF
06/16/2014 2:53 pm
Bump. Anyone with actual feedback?
InfimaxTVNetwork
06/16/2014 10:56 am
-snip-