Mod review, 5 MORE Quality of Life mods

Azrath's Avatar Azrath3/14/24 11:22 am
3/14/2024 5:45 pm
Azrath's Avatar Azrath
Azrath
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/14/2024 3:15 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
Good video 👍
Comments below are a mix of opinion on then mods themselves and a few ideas for more thorough explanations….

[Of the five, Iron Ladders (#1) & Trash Slot (#4) seem most likely to be something I'd use.]

Further explanation of the power ladder variant would be useful, but this could be exceedingly usefull in the nether.
A numeric comparison of climbing speeds would be a nice addition to the explanation…

Elytra Chest plate
@4m40 "…that should be in base game, but – you know – Mojang is Mojang and tehy don't like listening to community so they are doing their own things…."
Truer words…
  … even if I happen to thing the blind MS/Mj pig found the acorn this time….

Dog and cat chests accessible only by owners:
What happens if a chest with items is removed from the animal, what happens to teh chest and contents if the mob is killed, and whether non-owners can shear chests are not explained.
Depending on the answers to these: this mod could be wildly overpowered, particularly for PvP play (and even more so if the carried chest is visible only to the pet owner).

#4 Trash slot
Thsi one stirkes me as being simple convenience, without the lag of throwing items on the ground to despawn and with a bit of error trapping to make using it easier.
It also does expand the player inventory by one slot (with a serious risk :) )
Allowing the trash slot to be positioned as each player prefers is a VERY nice addition to the mod.

The trading spot seems overpowered in one sense, but does hava a countervailing weakness in that it makes managing with which villager one trades either difficult or impossible [insufficient information]. This can be important if trying to manange the supply & demand price inceases of various villagers.
The ability to trade with villagers otherwise inaccessible is another highly useful (and potentially viewable as OP feature)
03/14/2024 5:45 pm
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher
Azrath
Hi, thanks so much for this insight!

1. Those are good ideas but there is limited time to make video and not make it 30 min long so usually further creativity is left out to user but ill try to work on this further.

2. Unfortunately, hope we get this QOL change somewhere along the updates... one can be hopeful I guess.

3. Good questions but those things did not even come to my mind AND were not mentioned in mod description so my natural guess is that if you sheer/kill animal with chest it drops the items, hopefully. The mod is new and my goal is to review known and less known mods so there are room for improvement in such mods.

4. Correct, you can easily dispose the items you do not need.

5. That is the point, to have "central" location as for example think of it like market where you can access all nearby trades.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome