Rate my YouTube Channel

119RHINO965's Avatar 119RHINO9651/14/17 1:34 am
1 emeralds 152 5
1/16/2017 9:41 am
119RHINO965's Avatar 119RHINO965
Hello,

I recently started a YouTube Channel and now that I've got a number of videos on it, I was wondering if anyone would like to take a look at it and let me know what they think.
I have a Minecraft Let's Play Series, as well as five How to/ Help, video.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8Ezey ... -H1VfsfzaA
119RHINO965
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/15/2017 9:33 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
GamingDanio
Improving audio will probably improve overall quality by a landslide. I suggest a simple microphone like the Neewer NW-700 (which is roughly 40 bucks and comes with scissor stand, pop filter, shock mount, windscreen, and the XLR cables needed (Sadly you will need to buy an audio interface to convert it from XLR to USB but thats simply an extra 15-20 dollars)) or the Blue Snowball (I suggest the regular snowball and not the iCE version since the iCE version simply has one setting, but is 20 bucks cheaper, and the regular snowball gives you three options) which is around 60-65 dollars on amazon right now.

Besides the type of microphone you have, using audio editing applications to remove background noise can help as well. I use one known by a lot of bigger YouTubers and as well as beginning ones like myself, it's called Audacity. It's completely free and helps remove background noise, makes audio louder when the audio is quiet (if needed), and simply overall helps with editing and stuff.

Besides all that i think your channel is pretty dope. I understand you being so monotone when speaking since you're probably not yet used to talking to a screen with no one listening (lol i'm the same way) but overtime you'll improve and feel as if it's normal and have more emotions in your tone.

Goodluck on your YouTube adventures!
01/16/2017 9:41 am
119RHINO965
Hey there GamingDanio,
I just want to stop you from the top and let you know that I am not trying to be a pro here! I can understand that shopping advice is often given and received here, but for me, it's not the case. Although, I do appreciate your shopping tips for those Mics.

As for the rest of your post, I take it you watched Episode 11, in regard to that background noise. I totally agree it is terrible! Most of my other videos aren't too bad, but while trying to put ten previous videos into one, I had some serious audio sync and mixing problems. After an entire month working on this one episode, I decided to just upload it. It's certainly not 'best practice', but I realized my problem and had to let it go before I wasted even more time on trying to fix it.

I am familiar with audacity, in fact, I used it to record the audio for my How to/ Help videos! Check those out and let me know if it's any better. New ears are always better than the ones that have been listening to the same thing for the past half an hour.

As for my tone, it can probably be explained due to the limited recording time I do have, especially during the holidays when everyone has been home, making plenty of noise!

So, you could say I am a little stressed when it comes to recording a 15-minute video in a 10-minute window of opportunity, so I am doing my best to hold everything together. But, I would rather call it 'under the pump'. Anyway..

Thanks for your comment, I hope you will swing by my channel again sometime in the future

Pm a link to your channel too, if you've got one.
01/15/2017 3:16 pm
Level 1 : New Prince
KayBroK
I'd rate it 4/10.

Your commentary is slow and boring, you don't sound like you're having fun. It kind of sounds like you're making one of those weird, slow-paced tutorials. This is your biggest problem and it needs A LOT of work.
Your videos are long and need more editing. I'd say to cut out the boring parts, but your commentary skills are below average, making it mostly boring parts.
As far as microphone quality goes, you're alright for now. But, if you decide that you want to do YouTube for a while, I suggest investing in a new microphone in the near future. I'll give you some options.

If you want decent quality at a reasonable price, I suggest the Blue Snowball. You can get it from $45-$60 on Amazon.
If you want good quality, I can give you three options. Blue Yeti, AT2020, or AT2035. These can all come from $100-$150 dollars on Amazon.
You can always increase the microphone quality with a free program called Voice Meeter. I used it with my Blue Yeti and it sounds great.

There's my feedback. Hope I helped you realize some flaws so you can improve and be a great YouTuber someday.
01/16/2017 9:24 am
119RHINO965
Hi Bromystic, thanks for your comment.
I can agree to some extent that my voice probably isn't exciting to the majority of people viewing my content. Having said that, I'm also not Logdotzip or any large YouTube gamer that is overly expressive.

I am me, and that's fine. No matter who you are, there's simply bound to be someone else out there that really likes what you are doing. Ten people have already found me. And I know, ten subscribers might not sound like a lot, but could you sit at the front of a room, playing Minecraft and explain what it is you are doing along the way, to people you've never met be for?

Regardless of the answer, It's tough for anyone. Especially when you first begin.

Thanks once again for your comment. And be sure to send me a link to your own channel in a private message, if you have one. (don't advertise it below)
01/15/2017 10:40 am
119RHINO965
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8Ezey ... -H1VfsfzaA
After you have visited my channel, be sure to let me know what you think of it, here on pmc.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome