Starting a youtube channel - Need some help

ObeyTheLaw_'s Avatar ObeyTheLaw_9/13/14 4:12 pm
10/8/2014 11:40 am
GeekyPaul's Avatar GeekyPaul
Hey there.

I am starting a youtube channel, that I will upload mainly minecraft videos. I want to know, what kind of videos should I be uploading to make it interesting? I want to grow this channel to be succesful, and I want to only upload content that people will watch.

I have skills like graphic design, and drawing, so i was going to put up speed arts on my channel, but I figured not a lot of people would watch them, so I decided against it. Please give me some tips / advice on what I should upload, and how to get popular

Thanks.

A link to my channel at the moment is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwz7ZHj ... gXByTdYj0w

Please subscribe, it would be really helpful.
ObeyTheLaw_
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/08/2014 11:40 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
GeekyPaul
You have earned yourself another subscriber, and I hope that there are more to come.
09/14/2014 6:27 pm
ObeyTheLaw_
Decided to stick with graphics, just uploaded a new video.

Please subscribe, and tell me what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/user/theklownmc
09/14/2014 10:20 am
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
You have two options:

A build series: You will get a fairly high number of views on your very first video (I got a few thousand) but it will be harder to progress your channel :/

A survival series: You could do this on a server but you will only get a few views at first. Normally 10-50 unless you are lucky but you will have a better chance of going big in the future

Or you could have the best of both worlds and do a bit of both
09/14/2014 9:15 am
Level 30 : Artisan Cake
Druxe
World_Of_Color__Hi, Heres a unqiue thing in mine craft that you don't see every day, an Amazing water show, I think you should record this get a lot of viewers and heres a theme park ride that you might enjoy

Water Show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7PtTHIFI1A

Theme park ride: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqZebapZ9PE&list=UUnuD9hLbb4Al9llDUANjf8w

Oh my god you little... You've been spammed this all over the forums for days, nobody wants to record it! Seriously! He wants an entire channel not one episode.

@OP

First you want to decide a theme for it, minecraft is overused, but if you want, go for it! Then you make your channel art, then you should come back and decide some things from MC you wanna do, then you make the playlists, then you buy a recording software and an editing software, I use Bandicam, but the full version costs $40, but it's better because the non-paid has WWW.BANDICAM.COM in big letters in your videos and it can only be 10 mins at a time, I don't recommend fraps, I'm pretty sure it's more expensive, but downsides are:

-- More expensive (I think)

-- A 10 second video is over 1 GB.

-- In the free version, you can only do 10 seconds every record.

-- Not completely sure about this, but I'm pretty sure it has a WWW.FRAPS.COM like bandicam.

Then, a basic editing tool to start your channel is WIndows Movie Maker, but as you get more subs and viewers, you should get a better paid one.

Then, record to your heart out on weekends. Then probably upload one every day for that week.
09/14/2014 9:05 am
GeekyPaul
MinecraftVidsYour question is very important for most YouTubers starting today. I get a bunch of these questions; "What videos should I make?", "What topics should I cover?". Well, as most of you know, the Minecraft video genre is immense and it's only getting popular. There are some hundreds of thousands of kids watching these videos right at this moment. Most of them should be watching topics related to each other rather than not right? Of course! I think that for now the best topic is Hunger games. Covering and narrating hunger games is top notch for this year. Variations of this gamemode can be upmost interesting. Such as Stampylonghead's video entitled "Halo Hunger Games" got more than 3 millions views in three months! That's crazy.

So I would recommend you shoot videos about Hunger games (long answer short) Good luck!
Indeed, Hunger Games/Survival Games are a great place to start. They are easy to play, easy to record, and easy to edit. But don't do just Hunger Games, if you want to stand out at all.
09/14/2014 8:45 am
Level 1 : New Network
MinecraftVids
ObeyTheLaw_Hey there.

I am starting a youtube channel, that I will upload mainly minecraft videos. I want to know, what kind of videos should I be uploading to make it interesting? I want to grow this channel to be succesful, and I want to only upload content that people will watch.

I have skills like graphic design, and drawing, so i was going to put up speed arts on my channel, but I figured not a lot of people would watch them, so I decided against it. Please give me some tips / advice on what I should upload, and how to get popular

Thanks.

A link to my channel at the moment is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwz7ZHj ... gXByTdYj0w

Please subscribe, it would be really helpful.

Subscribed! Your question is very important for most YouTubers starting today. I get a bunch of these questions; "What videos should I make?", "What topics should I cover?". Well, as most of you know, the Minecraft video genre is immense and it's only getting popular. There are some hundreds of thousands of kids watching these videos right at this moment. Most of them should be watching topics related to each other rather than not right? Of course! I think that for now the best topic is Hunger games. Covering and narrating hunger games is top notch for this year. Variations of this gamemode can be upmost interesting. Such as Stampylonghead's video entitled "Halo Hunger Games" got more than 3 millions views in three months! That's crazy.

So I would recommend you shoot videos about Hunger games (long answer short) Good luck!
09/14/2014 6:30 am
ObeyTheLaw_
When I say 'artwork' I meant in drawing, using sketchbook and photoshop, my buiding skills are average.
09/13/2014 10:10 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Explorer
xPotatoFrys
World_Of_Color__"derp"

That doesn't mean basically recopying the post on a lot of threads isn't annoying....-.-
09/13/2014 10:07 pm
GeekyPaul
ObeyTheLaw_> snip <
My most notable skill is my artwork and graphic design, however, not a lot of people will view these videos and subscribe to them.
Then I would suggest that you do a building-heavy series. These are much rarer and (in my opinion) much better than all the minigame videos out there. However, they also take more work.
09/13/2014 8:33 pm
Level 26 : Expert Unicorn
Leeanne
Oops, i posted that twice.... anyway, name sure to be original, and make.other visitors
Videos other than minecraft if possible...everyone these days records minecraft
09/13/2014 8:33 pm
Level 26 : Expert Unicorn
Leeanne
World_Of_Color__
karrthus1
World_Of_Color__Hi, Heres a unqiue thing in mine craft that you don't see every day, an Amazing water show, I think you should record this get a lot of viewers and heres a theme park ride that you might enjoy

Theme park ride: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqZebapZ9PE&list=UUnuD9hLbb4Al9llDUANjf8w

can you just not accept that nobody wants to record your thing?

i see you posting it everywhere and you need to accept that nobody wants to record it

yes its fancy but pushing it on everyone who talks about youtube makes it annoying and boring

Actually a lot would record it... It's unique and something you don't see every day.

Then you would have found someone to record it already....stop spamming...
But anyway,.back on topic, good luck on the channel @Op... hopefully you'll do good in that YouTube business....
09/13/2014 8:32 pm
Level 22 : Expert Grump
Arty
here's a tip, don't make minecraft videos.
09/13/2014 8:35 pm
ObeyTheLaw_
I might do graphics, or other games, minecraft is not guaranteed, however it seems that minecraft youtbers get very popular.
09/14/2014 6:49 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Artist
T11T22
Please. No. dont do youtube if you just want to get popular.

and be unique there are tons and tons of Minecraft youtubers, and what will you add
when you record Minecraft videos?

people can just go watch the other youtuber because he has the same video of him
playing a mini game. etc etc

do other games and never do youtube for subs and likes.

hope this helps
09/14/2014 8:39 am
GeekyPaul
This. Don't limit yourself to minigames, don't limit yourself to minecraft, and do YouTube because you enjoy it, not just to get popular. For example, I only have 26 subscribers, but I still put out content semi-regularly.
ObeyTheLaw_When I say 'artwork' I meant in drawing, using sketchbook and photoshop, my buiding skills are average.
Practice makes perfect. We all started with tunnels dug into the dirt of a hillside, or with wooden/cobblestone boxes.
09/13/2014 8:21 pm
ObeyTheLaw_
I already have good screen recording software, and video editing software, that is not an issue. I am looking for a theme for my videos. My most notable skill is my artwork and graphic design, however, not a lot of people will view these videos and subscribe to them.
09/13/2014 6:01 pm
Level 26 : Expert Toast
Cheezbergur11
World_Of_Color__"It's not something that you see everyday but it is annoying that you keep posting the link to the video on so many forum posts. Also why should someone record that it's cool for the like the first minute then it get's boring"
It doesn't get boring for the first minute, you don't even know what its suppose to be. the show is actually a REAL show. And do you even know what other people do for it? Just random fire works! So don't call ours boring.

It may not be boring but I think he's looking for multiple videos and a theme. That would probably only work for a single video is the problem. Sounds cool though.
09/13/2014 5:50 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Artist
InvisibleFlame
Hi, my suggestion is this:

-You don't have to have everything right in the beginning when you're first tarting out. Meaning, the best gear. Or the best voice....or best humor....or whatever. For most of us, building all that is needed for a good channel is a work in progress. And takes practice and repetition.

-As far as what kinds of videos when you start off. Mod spotlights, and tutorials (that are better than existing tutorials or offer something valuable and new to the subject at hand), and tips, etc. are not a bad way to go. Once you get a subscriber base and people regularly watching your videos, you can add other kinds of videos and stretch your creative ideas more. Also, doing the tutorials and things in the beginning are a way to build your youtube voice and personality. To get used to doing commentary. You know what I mean?

-Top Tip: Many video subjects out there have mostly poor quality videos. People who are silent and don't talk in the video. Find these kinds of topics, take note of them, then make the 1 good video of the bunch. Be the one who does make an effort to do commentary. Be the good video! There are plenty of subjects like this....even ones of useful subjects. It's easy to find examples of this because you yourself will be searching for things. And chances are, you find a topic where your need is met by crappy videos where there are no good videos of that subject....or maybe there is just 1 good video. But it's fine because your video has no competition hardly.

BTW, no matter how 'bad' you think you are in the beginning of youtube, You don't know how bad or good you are until you have done at least 100 videos! It all works out through the editing and faking it till you make it!
09/13/2014 5:20 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
TheRealICT
World_Of_Color__
karrthus1

i see you posting it everywhere and you need to accept that nobody wants to record it

yes its fancy but pushing it on everyone who talks about youtube makes it annoying and boring

Actually a lot would record it... It's unique and something you don't see every day.

It's not something that you see everyday but it is annoying that you keep posting the link to the video on so many forum posts. Also why should someone record that it's cool for the like the first minute then it get's boring
09/13/2014 5:18 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
TheRealICT
Slimecraft is right before uploading any videos make sure that you have good audio and HD video, but I the best thing for you to do would be to find someone to record with and play adventure maps and minigames on different types of servers. As long as you add some humor and some interesting gameplay people will watch your videos.
09/13/2014 5:11 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Ranger
Slimecraft101
You want to have a few things in order to start a successful channel:

-A good editing, mic, and screen recording software

-Knowledge of editing and other YT skills

-Good art (Thumbnails Banner etc)

-Creativity, Humor, and Interesting things to say

As long as you have these things you are good to go! Just don't be set back if you don't gain subs fast. Once you have around 80 or so you will start growing fast!

I suggest finding a pretty big server (not mineplex) that has around 500 players on it, record on there, and post your videos onto the forums. Another way you can earn subs and viewers is by hosting a contest on that server and making sure people subscribe in order to enter.
09/13/2014 4:55 pm
ObeyTheLaw_
I am not looking for a single video, I am looking for a theme to all my videos, or a series I can do
09/13/2014 4:25 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis

Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome