Youtube Video Feedback?

ASF's Avatar ASF9/6/14 1:32 pm
9/7/2014 10:54 am
ASF's Avatar ASF
Hey guys! I made a channel trailer, and I wanted to know what your thoughts about the video are! It wasn't made to be completely serious, more just for fun (and so there's now a video related to my channel).

Any criticism is welcome, as long as it's actual criticism, and not something like "cool" or "it sux". Like, tell me what I can do to improve.

*EDIT:
ASF
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

HgeJKayL
09/07/2014 1:46 am
Level 1 : New Miner
The epic music that went along with the video made your trailer seem so overly dramatic that it made me chuckle a bit. In a good way, this isn't meant to be an insult.
ASF
09/07/2014 10:54 am
Thanks, that's what I was going for
KillerUnicorns
09/06/2014 9:02 pm
Level 46 : Master Unicorn
Now, was the trailer for your channel or for Minecraft? You generally want to make a trailer video after you have made at least 15 videos of different calibers (gameplays, tutorials etc.) That way you can make a generally useful montage.

As for everything else I cannot identify because you have not made a serious video as of yet, but at the moment I can analyze your back ground and thumbnails and other youtube necessities. I like you background, keep it until you get bored. Your avatar... it's original but It would be better if it wasn't made in paint. Try making it in Adobe Flash (30 day trial if you have to). Oh and you're thumbnails. To me you seem like a minimalist, that's awesome! I am too, and that means I can give you many tips from what I've learned so far on minimalist thumbnails.

First of all you're going to need Photoshop. second take a look at my thumbnails to get a better explanation and then read on. http://www.youtube.com/killerunicorns

Take my MCreator Necro series for example, I first grabbed an image and applied a Gaussian blur to it, under Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur > Set it to 3.9 as a minimum. The higher you increase it the more it will take away, keep this in mind sometimes you might want to do this. Then when it's a minecraft video I apply the logo at the top (or any other logo) and add the sub title in a font called Nexa (you may need to download it. Usally the first word is Nexa Bold while the second is Nexa Light. I then add my logo and the number.

You can change this method to fit your own but I found this works pretty well for me! Good luck on your channel!
ASF
09/06/2014 9:54 pm
Thanks for the tips!
Yeah, I like to keep things minimal, so it seems more clean/organized/blah blah. I'm kind of alright at thumbnails (had a random channel with random vids), but I could definitely improve. And if there's a way to renew those Adobe trials, that'd be awesome (Used them up, as can't re download them).
Jas
09/06/2014 7:23 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Moved to Videos and Channels from General Discussion.
Sheezie
09/06/2014 2:25 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
That told me nothing about your channel or anything and I'm very uninterested.
ASF
09/06/2014 3:28 pm
Thanks for the feedback!
What do you think I could do to keep peoples interest?
ASF
09/06/2014 2:19 pm
Thanks for the tips, guys!
As for the slo-mo block breaking, I was trying to do a parody type thing, but if it's not well recieved by people, why bother doing it, right?
I'll try to make something better than that, taking your guys' ideas into consideration!
MaxBFalcon
09/06/2014 2:15 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Geek
The music is good, but I found the video extremely boring. You can improve it by adding some more action scenes, maybe some pvp, playing a map, falling into the void, riding an enderdragon... Anything but breaking blocks in slow mo. pls. liek srsly that is freaky boring. xP

Anyway, good luck with the channel ;D
anonpmc1072506
09/06/2014 2:08 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Miner
[deleted]
ASF
09/06/2014 2:09 pm
Any tips on what I can do to improve?
anonpmc1072506
09/06/2014 2:16 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Miner