The College of Divine Arts [IC Thread]

Korigon's Avatar Korigon4/14/13 4:38 pm
4/16/2013 10:45 pm
anonpmc195880's Avatar anonpmc195880
Four centuries have past since the Solomon the wise established the college of divine arts, a home to all magicians. Solomon along with his five companions, and the help of magic, built the college with their divine powers. They laid the stone, mortared the wall, built the massive buildings and defensives. Since then, the College of Divine arts has been a training grounds for young mages who have flocked in, eager to learn and harness the ability of magic.

However, an evil has arisen from the west. Barbarians, Vikings, warrior women, also known as amazons, and ungodly creatures have begun to move their camps nearer and nearer toward the camps. Worried at the risk of an attack, the masters of the college closed the massive gates of the college, blocking everyone inside from going out, and began to train the magicians in the art of combat with magic...

In these warring times, all mages, necromancers, druids, and wizards shall be needed and called upon to save this great institution...

(( Apply here: the-college-divine-arts-t242655.html ))

(( I'll kick off. ))

Marcus stood, shuffling along the stone path toward the outer walls of the college. It had seemed only a day ago when he could quickly run up here, and he had even broken the agility course record. It was years ago, Marcus. He told himself. Marcus just couldn't face the facts of being old. It just seemed so horrible. The council had noticed too, for they had dismissed him from battle and instead put him in some defensive position of the college. Not that he didn't mind, he just was a bit saddened that his days of youth were over. He reached into his robe and pulled out his staff, and he walked along. Imagine it. A record-breaker using a staff to walk. Marcus sighed once more and continued on toward the wall...
Korigon
Retired Moderator
Level 27 : Expert Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/16/2013 10:45 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
04/16/2013 10:28 pm
Level 26 : Expert Blacksmith
Minecraftassassin
Arthur saw one of the students, a daemon he thought due to the size. He noticed it was about to jump. He knew, as a guardian, he had to stop anything bad from happening. Due to the small size of the creature he knew a bird that could carry it. H quickly summed one and hoped for the best. Luckily his request can through; A semi-large eagle was summoned. The eagle picked up the daemon and began carrying him toward Arthur's tower.
04/16/2013 10:26 pm
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
04/16/2013 10:14 pm
Minecraftassassin
((Good idea. I can work with that))
04/16/2013 10:09 pm
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
04/16/2013 9:54 pm
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
04/16/2013 10:01 pm
Minecraftassassin
((Damn I must have misread that editing the post))
04/16/2013 9:44 pm
Minecraftassassin
((Mispost Wasn't clear about stuff. No idea what to post now))
04/16/2013 6:22 pm
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
04/16/2013 4:47 pm
Level 26 : Expert Geek
tmplumber
Edwinn was lying on the ground in the ruins of his tower. It seemed that the catapult had weakened the bricks and made them slip. The strange thing was that the walls around it had not been affected, as if they were protected by a spell. There was pain searing through Edwinn's body, he saw a blue spectral bird fly over him, talking like a human,
" Oh the irony... me... *cough* *cough* killed by a... " coughed Edwinn before falling unconscious. Suddenly he was in the soul cairn. His wounds were gone... but why was he here?
" Welcome Edwinn, you are the first human here is thousands of years... " replied a soul elf. It was Arthas,
" Arth... " whimpered Edwinn before being interrupted,
" You cannot stay here long Edwinn, I cannot leave the soul cairn yet, too many people, the portal would tear your world apart... " explained Arthas before placing his hands against Edwinn's chest,
" Now... you are healed... you... must... return! " stated Arthas in a hushed tone of voice. Suddenly his hands began to glow orange and purple tinted blank. Edwinn felt a sudden sting and then he was suddenly in the college again... he could see the ruin of his tower in the distance and some mages walking over to it... all of his items.. gone, his runes... his notes, at least he still had his blade...
04/16/2013 1:35 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Turtle
Deth_Glitch
((Well... You dont need me to destroy yonder collage XD))
He looked at the only two he felt he owed some loyalty too. "This lot... are.. weak!" he muttered to them. "I need you two.. to.. train them. Don't teach them how to do it but increase their strength, if they are stronger and can hold more magic I will have access to more power" He felt that he was being more aggressive to his only friends and looked at them both. "I have taught you most I know, the three of us will take that pitiful collage and then we will take the lands it defends!" he said to them and parted with a nod.
04/16/2013 12:22 pm
tmplumber
(( Can we just keep it like that, the wall isn't destroyed.. just his tower... ))
04/16/2013 12:07 pm
Korigon
(( Plumber, the walls are stronger then that..))
04/16/2013 11:46 am
tmplumber
Click to reveal
[yt]MOg8Cz9yfWg[/yt]

Battle Time!

Edwinn had been listening to Arthas for some time now. It turns out that Edwinn was right. The elements were disturbed, and the damage was much worse in the soul carne. Kasai had been destroyed by storm elementals. The soul elven leader was also destroyed. It was as if the leader of the attacking force was dealing with something. Some that should not have been tampered with. Suddenly the explosions were coming more frequently and the rubble seemed larger,
" Arthas... will you escape the soul cairn, will you come help us? " asked Edwinn, he was horrified at the news of Kasai.. but was not surprised, the king that had come onto the throne years ago wanted war. And now has ended up without a kingdom, Edwinn looked out the window and saw them. Valkyr, but how did they get Valkyr without the help of...
" Oh dear... " whimpered Edwinn as something was catapulted at his tower. It was as if they knew he was strong. The roof was hit off, rubble pouring over the college like water. Edwinn stood up to find them firing water and ice at the tower, eventually another material was catapulted,
" Edwinn? " whispered Arthas through the runes, but there was no reply as the tower, was destroyed...
04/16/2013 11:29 am
Korigon
(( I'm in the garden, talking to another jade teacher. I guess the wall you were just scaling could be the one Marcus was just defending? That way you'll be near enough to the garden. ))

Marcus remained seated as a bell suddenly rang. "Lunch." The other teacher said, in a happy manner. As he walked toward the exit, he turned back to Marcus. "Coming, Brother Mavarus?" Marcus frowned. "I can't stand up." He said, while hunched over. "My back won't straighten." The other teacher rushed toward him, in an alarmed manner. "Ah, well, stand up." Marcus slowly stood up, and felt a sharp pain in his back. "Blast it, why do I have to get old." He muttered, as the other teacher moved something in his back, resulting in a snap and Marcus standing straight again. "Thank you, erm, Brother Johnathan. I seem to be getting old." The other teacher nodded. "Indeed." He said shortly, and they started walking toward the lunch area.
04/16/2013 8:18 am
Minecraftassassin
((Just got to school and I got a few moments to spare.))

Arthur noticed something odd off in the distance. He quickly summoned one of his birds to help; this time it was a blue jay. He sent the bird to scout the odd thing and it came back with peculiar news. The thing off in the distance was a tower being built by students of the ruby school, "Summoning a tower?" He asked the bird, Summon, plan, kill, mage, fire, death, run, run, The bird warned him. He looked to the bird and said, "Thank you," Arthur said to his bird and sent it back to its own realm. He looked to the distance again, "Fire, eh?" He said with a laugh. He chanted a small spell that he had not used for years. A small fire elemental appeared at the top of the tower. He assumed the mages that were to be summoning the tower were not busy fighting the elemental. e laughed and headed town his own tower.
04/16/2013 6:48 am
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
04/16/2013 6:37 am
Korigon
The other jade teacher shook his head. "No, not Arthur's. Its "Edwinn Flamescratch Jean, or something like that. And he is only a guardian." Marcus frowned. "Then he does he have a wall?" "He doesn't. Its just that the main ruby wall is taking the brunt of it due to the ruby mages helping others, like yourself." Marcus continued frowning. "The jade school does not need help." He said, stiffly and stubbornly. The other teacher sighed. "True, but we get the job done with much more efficiency due to them." "Well they should guard their own wall!" Marcus insisted. The other teacher shrugged, and sat down on a stone bench. "The bandits are also trying out siege engines. Catapults and such. And the ruby wall is the most vulnerable."

(( It feels wrong talking to myself. :I ))
04/15/2013 9:04 pm
anonpmc195880
[deleted]
04/15/2013 8:28 pm
Korigon
(( No, Jes, why? D: Is it just the RP?...I thought it was going pretty well ( Apart from [REDACTED.] ))
04/15/2013 7:50 pm
Level 27 : Expert Princess
Jesuitical
(( I'm out, sorry guys. ))
04/15/2013 7:30 pm
Minecraftassassin
((Arthur is a guardian, not a teacher. At best he tutors students and doesn't really teach at all.))

Arthur stood at the top of his tower again. He knew about the attackers and was tempted to leave the college and sick the biggest elemental or golem he could conjure onto them. He began thinking, I'm a guardian of this school. Why did they not tell me about the attack? His raven returned to him. It "spoke" to him in the way his spectral creatures do, Student, help, need, fast, new spell, fast. He looked at the bird to lead the way. He walked down the stairs to the ruby hall. He saw a student scratching his head over a book, "Something the matter here," Arthur asked. The student jumped up, "Oh hello sir," the student began, "Just having trouble pronouncing a spell to summon an imp," Arthur laughed at the spell he performed at the age of three. He showed the student how to summon the imp and headed out again. Before he knew it he was in the courtyard. He almost expected the fire mage to jump out at him.
04/15/2013 6:25 pm
tmplumber
Edwinn was at the top of his tower. He was wondering if he should go back to his old kingdom, or perhaps destroy the invading attackers first. Suddenly he heard a large rumble and the falling of rubble. Could they be getting through the walls.
Edwinn took a stroll back down to his study to practise a new spell, he slashed his nails at the runes and created some new ones. He looked deep at the runes, bright as flames and let off the heat of a summers day,
" They have no idea about him do they... the real threat, not that "wizard" and his bandits. How will they know who he is with his... " mumbled Edwinn before being interrupted by another rumble, it was louder this time. Edwinn did not worry, he knew that the worst was still to come. And even if they could stop him... the college would be changed forever. After a while he heard a voice through the runes.
it was Arthastm,
" Why do you call Arthas... " mumbled Edwinn as he stood up preparing to destroy the rune,
" You know why Edwinn Flame-Scratch Jean, you know what will happen to that place, you know who is coming... " stated the voice. Edwinn began to become interested and so listened...
04/15/2013 6:06 pm
Korigon
Marcus looked in an amused fashion on the mage. "Isn't that one of the ruby teachers? I'd better speak to the council about booting him off the teacher list." He said to himself, while watching the man mutter to himself. "And his students...They don't have any discipline. Tut-tut, that won't do at all." He said, and continued on toward the garden at his slow pace. Shortly, another teacher came up to him. "Hello, Brother Mavarus." He called out, and extended his hand. Marcus warmly shook it - Here was a jade teacher, a man of wisdom, and perfectly sane. And the complete opposite of that fire mage Marcus thought to himself. The jade teacher frowned. "Have you seen the wall of the ruby mages? Most of them are in tip top condition, but one of them...Its so damaged, and no one is even guarding it!" Marcus frowned. "It must be Arthur's...Where are his students? What are they doing?" He said sternly, in an annoyed tone.
04/15/2013 2:40 pm
tmplumber
Edwinn looked around the college and suddenly realised what he was doing,
" I am sorry... When you have the powers I have your... anger, is.. " sighed Edwinn before walking off. He could see a student looking at him, he could sense something about him, something... important. Suddenly he could hear screams and the sound of metal against stone. It seemed that the bandits were attempting to break the walls of the college,
" Fools... " he thought as he stepped into his tower. Suddenly he reached the top floor,
" Huh, no... its not time yet, they shouldn't know about this... " mumbled Edwinn as he looked at his portal, it was glowing slightly purple. It wasn't time for them to know about him,
" Its not time... " he mumbled as he sat on his desk...
04/15/2013 2:11 pm
Minecraftassassin
Arthur watched a bit of the fire mage complaining. He knew he was one of the more aggressive and assertive people and took heed to avoid him. Arthur brought forth a small raven to fly around the school in case there was someone who needed help. He returned to the top of the ruby tower as he always did to relax, "To late for battle today," He said outloud, "Oh well there is always another day ahead. I wonder if anything interesting will happen tonight," He began looking to his hands, "The fire wizard is angry," He stated, "I wonder why," He thought back to his mother who's face he never saw and thought to himself, They call me a half-blood. They think the other half is some elemental. The only question is which one, He smiled at the very thought of him turning into a creature like the ones he use to summon; before the headmaster forbid him to.
04/15/2013 1:42 pm
tmplumber
(( Not a huge fire elemental attacking the college... That's just Edwinn going insane, the roar is up to you, just thinking of something interesting.. ))
04/15/2013 1:41 pm
Korigon
(( Wait, what? Is a huge fire elemental attacking the college? You can't be serious Plumber. :I ))
04/15/2013 1:40 pm
tmplumber
Eventually Edwinn reached Marcus,
" Now... you locked me in here, now we are under attack... AND MY STUDENTS ARE POWER HUNGRY... what do you want me to do... Marcus! " stated Edwinn angrily, his eyes grew a blood red and his fingernails were clearly turning into flame. His eyes had a small flame inside of them and his pupils disappeared,
" I am very stressed, The element is angry... HE WILL ATTACK US! " stated Edwinn as his muscles tensed. Suddenly the sky turned a pale orange. And clouds spread threw. Suddenly a roar was heard,
" He... has come! " mumbled Edwinn...
04/15/2013 1:32 pm
Korigon
Marcus turned around, and shook his head. "No no, we already know where their camp is." He then turned around and started down the stairs. Reaching the bottom, he resumed shambling along in the direction of the garden. The garden of Jade usually was used for lessons, but it was empty now, and quiet. Marcus loved the place, truthfully. It reminded him of his home. Suddenly, he tripped on a lose stone and fell to the ground. He fumbled with his staff, and then propped himself up. "I'm getting old.." Marcus said to himself, but then continued to shuffle along..
04/15/2013 1:21 pm
Minecraftassassin
Arthur looked toward the retreat, "A pity," He muttered he was tired of tutoring students and was looking forward to a bit of a fight. He looked down to Blue, he looked tired, "Time to go home little buddy," He said while petting his companion. He quickly sent him home, a spell he no longer needed effort for. Arthur smiled at the reatreat, He looked to master Marcus, "Should I send one of my birds to follow them sir?" He asked with a small smile.
04/15/2013 11:53 am
Korigon
Marcus shook his head. "Not needed, we can take care of this." He said shortly, and, lifting up his staff, turned a rogue magicians who was foolish enough to get out of cover into a small saplings. Seconds later, the leaves started curling up and burning as a small flame alighted onto it. A shout was heard from the enemy lines, and they retreated, running as fast as they could. Worst of all, in this awful retreat their rear was not covered and thus resulting in many of them being turned into a tree or a pile of burnt ash. Marcus sighed and slowly started to walk down the stairs again...
04/15/2013 11:45 am
tmplumber
Edwinn walked off into the distance. He knew what effect this attack would lead upon the college, it would lead destruction and ruin upon the surrounding villages. Just like the Ice Wyvern that destroyed the villages around his kingdom, suddenly he was confronted by another of his students,
" Master, we want to know... how to get to the kingdom of Kasai. To learn how to resist the might of fire itself... TO BECOME ALL MIGHTY, FOR THE GLORY OF THE.. " stated the student before being interrupted,
" There is one spell that can take you to Kasai, one spell I shall never teach you. None of you deserve it... all you want is power, just like I used to... " mumbled Edwinn before walking away. The fire elements were angry, he knew it, he could feel it in the ground, he could smell it in the air. The element of fire must have been disturbed by the surrounding attack. Perhaps there was some evil at work here that Edwinn did not understand. Perhaps the leader of the attack was...
" No... it cant be, they were destroyed... ALL OF THEM WERE! " exclaimed Edwinn before sprinting to Marcus...
04/15/2013 11:06 am
Minecraftassassin
"True enough sir," Arthur replied, he never paid much attention to the plants that were suppose to be conjured up. He preferred "living" creatures. He looked at Master Marcus and said, "Not good at the plants but I can make a fire elemental if needed," He looked down at his spectral wolf again, "Or anything like Blue here." He continued. He saw a bandit running toward the gate no other caster seemed to notice. He muttered to Blue, "Sick him boy," Blue charged the bandit and ripped his throat out, "Need anything else conjured?" He asked.
04/15/2013 6:48 am
Korigon
"An attack." Marcus said shortly. "A scouting mission to test us, apparently." A smile appeared on the old wizards face as a shouting erupted from a trench. "We're working in collaborating with the Ruby school. We turn them into trees and various natural items and such, and they burn them up." Then Marcus stopped smiling. "Although, I am not a fan of these tactics they are needed to make the opposition lose their moral." He paused and thought for a few seconds. "The dark magicians are who we should worry about, truthfully. They're after revenge, while the thieves, orcs, bandits, and others just want various things. They aren't organized yet, so there isn't really any threat. At all." He added, and muttered another spell at a charging bandit, turning him into a delightful hedge. Marcus finally turned to Arthur, and spoke a few words in a teasing tone. "Wonder how we made all these bushes around the college?"
04/14/2013 8:58 pm
Minecraftassassin
((Sorry I always have to do a little intro))

Arthur heard one of the teacher yelling and as a guardian it was his job to see why. He rushed to the front gates with Blue traveling close behind. By the time he was down the tower and at the gates he was out of breath. He quickly regained his breath while muttering, "I've got to start running more; don't want that to happen again," He saw the students lining a wall preparing flame spells. He got to the top of the wall and saw Master Marcus, he hurried over to him and asked, "Sir what is going on here?"
04/14/2013 8:46 pm
Minecraftassassin
((Sorry took a bit to do stuff today))

Arthur sat atop a tower like he normally did during his down time. His spectral wolf, Blue, was nearby looking toward the skies, "Dark magic is what I use. Stupid gold school doesn't understand the power we have; holy zealots of the light," He muttered to himself. Arthur was never really welcomed anywhere near the golden classes. He knew he was a half-blood as did they. Half-bloods like his were openly welcomed in the ruby school but the golden school wouldn't even spit in his direction. Arthur brought forth a small blue bird from the same world as Blue. It chirped a little song and flew off before disappearing back to its own realm. Arthur smiled, "Something is riding on the wind Blue; something fun is coming today," He said to his companion; Blue smiled as best a wold can and waged his tail. Arthur petted his faithful companion and began walking down the tower to see if anyone would be doing something fun.
04/14/2013 5:45 pm
Deth_Glitch
The weaker mages began to line up. "Good. Good. Your people are still stupid enough to believe you are their future." he said Fools, no better then the collage! he thought. "You had best encourage them to look for their own food and food for us. This measly force has no supply of food" he clasped hands with one of his followers and their magic flowed through him. "Go! encourage them to be their own weak selves and get them to.. train or whatever it is they do. Then get them hunting." he said and as they stood unmoving he created a harmless flash of flames, to scare them off and get them to work. "I said go!" ((BTW the dark ones forces are miles off and you dont have to have those other little force attacking because they are just what He has been told is happening you do what you want ))
04/14/2013 5:21 pm
tmplumber
Edwinn was in his tower. He had not slept the night before, he had just focused on his magic; creating sparks and summoning a small phoenix. The night was filled with screams, cries for mercy and a cold wind, this annoyed Edwinn as he had a feeling on what was going to happen, a battle... death, and fire, Edwinn was looking forward to the fire,
" Right it is time, I shall forge my weapon... " he stated as he walked over to his table of enchantment. He took a regular dagger, dragon blood and volcanic rock. Eventually it was ready and so he grabbed the sharp blade, and enchanted it with his very palms,
" I name thee, Gladium-Montain... The Tooth Of The Mountain... " announced Edwinn as he yielded the burning blade, striking it against a wooden plank, burning it instantly. He then proceeded to stroll outside, suddenly he was approached by a student,
" Master... I sense something in the air... " stated the student,
" Well my friend... that something, is war, do not tell the other students. They themselves must figure it out... " replied Edwinn before walking off...
04/14/2013 4:57 pm
Korigon
Marcus reached the stone steps leading up toward the walls. Climbing up the steps, he saw to his surprise that magicians were preparing for an attack on the walls. He shouted a hello and reached the top level. The magicians on the wall nodded toward him, and one spoke. "Master Mavarus, the enemy is preparing an attacking." Marcus nodded. "Prepare the climbing spells and inner-thorn." The eldest student spoke up. "Lethal?" Marcus shrugged. "I will leave that up to you. Although I usually use nonlethal we will make a statement." The student nodded and shouted to the other students, while everyone pulled out their wands. "Prepare flamestrike!" Someone from another wall shouted. "Make sure you hit your marks, student. There is no chance of them getting in yet."
04/14/2013 4:53 pm
Level 27 : Expert Princess
Jesuitical
Remos stood in his hut, leaning over and touching a chest. He tapped the icey lock, and the lock quickly melted and the resulting water dripped onto the ground, freezing into his already ice-over floor. Remos opens the chest, to pull out a dozen scrolls reading "Ward of Frost." This will do fine for today, he thought to himself. Closing the chest and re-freezing a lock, Remos exits the hut.
04/14/2013 4:49 pm
Deth_Glitch
He stood in front of the gathered masses. Most of the forces that opposed the Collage were before him. There were some, some who were stupid and WEAK, ones who had decided to attack, they had been weakly attacking alone over the past few months, all easily defeated by the mages of the collage. At least that was what he sources told him. He walked to the chiefs and other leaders. Officially they were still in-charge and the soldiers that were to be nothing more then distractions still believed so although he suspected some had ideas otherwise. "Gather the mages and give the walking targets some kind of stirring speech, we are going to begin preparations, he leave for the collage at dawn. Make sure they train for the days (or weeks, however long you want it to take) it will take us to get there." he said as he left their tent and headed toward there the warlocks and witches, the cheap conjurers would soon be assembling. "time to see how much they are prepared to give me!" he muttered as his two followers, other defects from the collage, soon took their places behind him.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome