Touring Students That I Refused to Show Around! (School Story 2-23-23)

IGEBM's Avatar IGEBM2/23/23 6:01 pm
3 emeralds 111 1
2/23/2023 6:02 pm
IGEBM's Avatar IGEBM
So, for context, yesterday, I was eMailed by the head administrator of the school I go to, and he was asking if I wanted to tour (sort of) some students coming from other schools to my school next year. They'd be with me for my second and third classes of the day, as well as lunch. (So, they'd join me for Math and Band.) I turned down the offer.

Before Classes: Once I got to school, I unpacked my stuff and began memorizing the post-chorus for "I Live My Way" and the chorus for "Doctor Doctor." I also learned more about the visiting students. They're a grade below us, so they'd be seeing what their school year might be like next year. Bria was hoping one of them would be Black. The two of us also talked a bit about Pablo's race (he's Mexican), since at first we both thought he was Indian, but his parents knew Bria's parents and told them they were Mexican. We were talking about this because at first we thought they were joining our grade mid-year to replace Regan (who moved to another state) and Pablo (who was expelled for saying the n-word to Jai and ZJ), and Bria was wondering if they'd be a white girl and a Mexican boy. I told Bria my parents had called him "racially ambiguous" when I showed them a picture of him from my school's photo directory, which is what sparked the conversation. Me, Kaylah, ZJ, and Bria also talked about a video ZJ sent us all about a racist Kai Cenat fan who said "[​n-word] please" on one of his streams or something. I'll link the video here, because I think this thread would get taken down if I attached it in a dropdown. Mods, if you want me to remove the link, just let me know and I will.

Spanish: We started our unit, which, despite what Sra. Gourmand said, was actually pretty easy... for now.

Math: Our class met two of the visiting students, Kai and Ezra, who were with Sol. The class was a normal class however, and they just followed along with the work, even though it was stuff I didn't think they knew since they were a grade below us.

Band: Two different students joined us, a Black boy and a Latino boy, and they sat in the third row between the saxophones and trombones (who were joining us this class because Mr. Gills was out and I guess Mr. Low wanted to make sure they learned the right stuff with the sub, who played trumpet).

Lunch & Recess: At lunch, the dessert was marble cake. When one of the cafeteria staff was cleaning off the table behind us (where Eamon, Farhan, Kingston, Wyatt, Asher, and Aydan always sit), he asked me if a marble cake left behind was mine. I said no, and he threw it out. Then, Bria yelled at me because it was the perfect opportunity to get seconds of marble cake. (At my school, you can't get seconds of Thursday dessert because there's not enough for people to get seconds.) When we went outside, ZJ scared away the visiting students. At least, it seemed like he did. He and Bria also a roast battle, with Bria playing the role of an annoying white person. Among the things they commented on were, for ZJ (Black man), his skin, the way he talks, his weight, what he eats, and the fact that "his daddy went left his mama to go get milk." For Bria (white woman), ZJ made comments on her sunburn, skin tone, and, well, I forgot the other stuff. Later on, Bria got the idea to make a "White Lives Matter" or "All Lives Matter" joke (we don't support that in our friend group).

English: We transitioned into our Same Sun Here unit after 3 weeks of reading portions of the book at home.

Science: We worked on our projects. Oh, and Grayson just appeared behind me and wrapped his arm around my neck, scaring the living sheet out of me. (He tried to do it again later, but I saw him moving in the corner of my eye.) Eamon also stole my pencil sharpener twice without me noticing. I don't usually bring it to class, but the tip of my pencil (it's a normal pencil, but when my pencils break, the tips tend to stay in without a problem) got lost in English, so I had to sharpen it in Science.

PE: Well, Isaac tried to arrest me on the way there, so I had to run to PE as I always do. He didn't get me. My team beat our opponents with a score of 19 - 8.

History: We started working on our essays.

After School Ended: While I waited for my grandma, Elijah and some other kid tried to get one of those things you squeeze off of the wall of the school because the kid had thrown it and it had stuck to a very high part of the wall. In the process, Elijah almost broke the Pokeball they were using to try and knock it down. It eventually fell off.
IGEBM
Level 56 : Grandmaster Loremaster