~-~-~-Trapped in the midst of history [IC]-~-~-~-

Korigon's Avatar Korigon3/28/13 12:55 pm
4/12/2013 8:32 am
BrookeG2106's Avatar BrookeG2106
[Backstory]

Click to reveal
A student looks left and right and advances onto a statue. A slow chuckle escapes from his mouth as he laughs as the wax statue of a long dead African queen. Suddenly, the student hears someone coming and zips off down a hallway. The wax queen still stands in her glass case. But when no ones looking, the mouth moves, forming a small smile.

A lone guard patrols the halls of the museum. There were more guards, of course, but he had been assigned to this hall. He peers into each room with a flashlight. A sound catches his ears near the exhibit of dinosaurs. Full silence. Then someone, or something begins to speak softly. The man listens closely. It sounds so faint. “For your companions insolence, you will all suffer. You shall be invisible to human eyes, save yourself, and you shall be forced to wander the museum.” The guard feels shaky, like somethings behind him. He turns around and sees nothing. Then suddenly a scream rings out. The guard burst into the exhibit hall only to find it empty. The only thing out of place is a wax African queen. “Odd. It wasn't there this morning was it.” The guard says quietly. He looks around the room once more and walks off...

A week later, the hunt pursued for the children. But there was no evidence. They apparently entered the museum with their school teachers, but they didn't come out. And then, two weeks after the event, people just forgot. It was like magic. The parents just gave up hope. It was like it all didn't happen...

But the children are alive. Oh so alive. Invisible to the human eye.
And they're facing a much greater threat than imaginable...

Apply here: trapped-the-mist-history-t236873.html

Whoever wants to kick off the RP, feel free to do so, if not, I'll post.
Korigon
Retired Moderator
Level 27 : Expert Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/12/2013 8:32 am
Level 39 : Artisan Scribe
BrookeG2106
((S'all good. But, it's really creepy; every time I go on here, someone else has just replied. EVERY TIME! o,o
Oh, and I was listening to this while writing (because I love it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pebi2O4uL7E ))
Walking down another corridor, Amy-Lee looked around at the paintings, wondering the halls, before her music seemed to soften, the lyrics blurring and turning into incoherent mumbles as the sound in her ears died down. But she wasn't focussed on that; no, she was transfixed on the painting infront of her. 'Strange, I don't think I've ever heard of or seen this painting before... I wonder if it's a new addition or something...?' she thought to herself curiously as she stared intently at it. It showed a messy, artistically smudged figure- a small girl with long golden-blonde hair and sea blue eyes that seemed all to familiar to Amy-Lee. The girl was clad in a short blue dress with white cuffs on the ends of the sleeve, a white ribbon like-choker accessory around her neck. She had bare feet, a bear in hand as she stood in a wide field of colourful flowers. 'Strange... I've never seen or heard of this painting anywhere, I'd know it. This is beautiful, I'd definitely remember it; and I'm sure I memorised those history books... Strange...' she thought curiously, before she saw something move out of the corner of her eye. Turning and gazing down the hall, she saw nothing, an annoyed frown tugging at the side of her lips. Turning back to the painting, she gasped at what she saw next- the plain wall infront of her. Blinking a couple times and rubbing her eyes, she took a couple steps back, her mouth slightly agape. "What..." she murmured confusedly. 'Did I... Imagine that? No, no wonder... She- the girl... She resembled me as a child... Am I loosing it? Or, is it this place...?' she thought, still slightly in a daze. Suddenly, her music returned back to normal, the loud shredding of guitars and drum beats in her ears contrasting drastically to the silence, making her jump slightly. With a sigh, she shook her heard to get ahold of herself, before continuing down the hallway, slower and more leisurely than before.
((Ah, she be trippin' ))
04/12/2013 8:09 am
Korigon
Johnathan shrugged. The girl was obviously a loner and he didn't want to be with someone who would just ignore him. But then again, it could be dangerous going alone. Finally he shrugged and gave up. Turning around, he resumed walking along the halls. The sound of his shoes comforted him, for some odd reason. Then he noticed something. There was another pair of shoes. A slight sound when he would step down, like someone was following him. He whirled around, but saw nothing. Oddly, the sound continued, echoing throughout the halls...

(( Sorry for late reply! ))
04/10/2013 7:53 am
BrookeG2106
Amy-lee shrugged, looking around before getting a slight tingle down her spine, feeling uneasy for some reason. Without reason, she began to walk down the hallway, not caring if he followed or not. Pulling her headphones up to her ears, she messed up her hair slightly at the back with her hand as her other dove into her pocket, pulling out her iPod and playing the song she was currently on as she walked. Slipping the device back in her pocket, the uneasy feeling drifted away with the music that was now filling her ears.
04/10/2013 7:38 am
Korigon
Johnathan shrugged. "I didn't use to believe in magic, but all of this is kinda weird. I don't understand how a machine could do it or something...It could be magic, but I don't know...." His voice trailed off. "I just don't understand this. At night apparently the exhibits come alive, but at morning its perfectly fine. Have you ever thought that there might be people here, right now? Like, we can't see them and they can't see us?" Johnathan looked around. "But I just don't know what to do..."
04/09/2013 12:42 pm
BrookeG2106
Raising an eyebrow, Amy-lee turned to him. 'African queen...? That's what happened to me...' she thought questionably. "Hey, I also ran into that African queen statue-thing before all this started happening... You think that's got something to do with all this?" she asked curiously as she looked behind her out of habit -and paranoia- before turning back to him.
04/09/2013 11:32 am
Korigon
"Hm, some. I mean, most of us here kinda...Well, wandered off. My teacher wouldn't stop talking about the Romans, so with a few friends I, um, went to a different exhibit. No big deal really." Johnathan shrugged. "I'm seventeen, I can take care of myself. But when I got back everyone was gone or something. Didn't really make sense, but then I stumbled upon some weird African queen saying something and then I bolted. I've checked all the doors...We're trapped in here, I don't understand it. Wouldn't it be creepy if someone like Napoleon came to life and started ordering these guys around?!"
04/09/2013 11:08 am
BrookeG2106
Amy-lee smiled slightly at his comment, pulling her hand out of his and placing the both of them in her hoodie pockets. "Yeah, though I'm surprised you've seen me around school...." she murmured with a sigh as she looked up to the vent she just dropped from. 'So, if he's here, does that mean our other classmates are here too...? Oh, well that's just great' she thought with an annoyed sigh.
04/09/2013 10:56 am
Korigon
"True, true, but you shouldn't said something before you came down - And yelling a curse while your fixing to fall on top of someone doesn't count!" Still, Johnathan reached out and grabbed onto to her hand, pulling himself up. "I'm not one to hold grudges, though." He said, and looked at her. "Your in my school aren't you? Dalton? I think I've seen you around the school before." Johnathan looked around. "Welcome to the museum."He said, gesturing in a random area with his hands. "The place where exhibits come to life and we can't get out."
04/09/2013 8:15 am
BrookeG2106
Landing atop of the boy, Amy-lee found herself in a rather awkward position. Quickly pushing herself up off of the boy, she ignored his complaining and dusted herself off. Completely dismissing that he was even there, she checked the headphones, trailing her fingers down the cord to her iPod. Pulling it out and seeing that it was still intact, she sighed in relief before placing it back in her pocket. Glancing over to the boy, she held out a hand to help him up. "Sorry 'bout that. Though, you should've known better than to just stand under an air vent like that." Amy-lee said simple with a shrug as she offered her hand.
04/09/2013 7:59 am
Korigon
Johnathan heard a curse and looked up, seeing someone fall toward him. So wait, I can save the fall but get squished. Nonononon. I can try to catch her. Nonononon. Um.... Johnathan tried to think but his mind was at a standstill. Suddenly, the figure fell ontop of him. Johnathan muttered a curse and tried to move. "Arhg. Get off me!" He shouted. "Why don't you look before falling down a vent and ONTOP OF SOMEONE!" He said in an angry tone...
04/09/2013 7:30 am
BrookeG2106
Amy-lee looked behind her in the vent once more, before shifting her position uncomfortably. 'Is it just me, or is this vent getting smaller?!' she thought irritably as she put her legs through the square opening. Shuffling around, she turned so she was facing back the way she came as she slid down. Gripping onto the edge, she took in a deep breath before letting go, preparing for the fall. Only looking down as she fell to be ready for when she hit the ground, Amy-lee's eyes widened as she saw a guy standing directly below her! Shouting a curse, she didn't really have time for any other warning before the impact.
((I'll leave it there, seeing as I'm pretty sure it'd be meta-gaming if I continued and such...))
04/08/2013 7:25 am
Korigon
Johnathan frowned. After looking around the front of museum, he had his dreary conclusion. They were trapped. And worst of all, he seemed to be hallucinating. "Oh well." He mumbled to himself, and stumbled forward. It was a weird place, the museum. At morning the sun somehow blinded him, but at night he could barely see. Worst of all, the museum seemed alive. Not just the exhibits inside, but the museum itself. Johnathan felt whenever he walked the walls they would just....Change, to point in a direction. And whenever he went that way he would end up running for his life. Suddenly, a loud clang interrupted his thoughts. Johnathan whirled around, and saw an air vent hatch on the ground. "Huh?" He said outloud, and looked around. "I wasn't in this exhibit a few minutes ago...How did I get here?" Johnathan looked confused, and for once forgot to look up...
04/08/2013 3:06 am
BrookeG2106
((Hello~ Sorry for making my first post so late. I was planning on doing it yesterday, but my internet glitched out as I was writing, and I couldn't be bothered re-typing the whole thing, so I just gave up... ^^" Er, anyways...))
Amy-lee shuffled along the small space with a crawling-like stature. Yes, she was reduced to awkwardly making her way through the vents to escape the small dinosaurs rampaging about below. After running away from the wax statue, she ran into the prehistoric exhibit... Not such a good idea. In retrospect, she probably should've guessed that if the statues were coming to life, the rest of the artifacts in the museum should be also. Sighing and shaking her head, Amy-lee continued shuffling along, seeing a hatch further ahead. Once reaching it, she awkwardly shifted her position so she was now -somewhat- sitting bent down with her legs stretching either side of the small opening. Moving so her arms had room to move, she pried the metal hatch off and looked down and checking to see if there were any artifacts roaming this hall. 'Oh... I'm not very high up... Though if I try to jump down, it'll probably be a rough landing...' she thought to herself with a sigh.
((Anyone want to perhaps walk down this hallway...? ))
04/06/2013 7:34 am
Korigon
Johnathan sat dejected in the corner of the room. He had always wanted to be a leader, but how could he lead in this area? We're freakin' trapped in a museum He said to himself. "I'll never be able to see my family again..." Johnathan stood up and looked around. In the distance, he heard someone singing an awful tune. It was someone coming. He stood up and waved his hands back in forth, trying to catch his attention. "Hey dude!" He cried out. "Over here!"

(( Nope nope nope! ))
04/02/2013 7:20 am
Level 26 : Expert Geek
tmplumber
(( PMC has been down for 3 days, blaming paril will not be enough... ))

Steve was sitting in a chair, wondering what was going on. He had not seen Richard for a while now and thought he was dead, eventually he stood up and went to look for him,
" Richard, ITS ME ZELDOR!!! " he yelled before whispering " I mean... Steve, man I got to stop playing that game..."
Eventually he was getting bored and started to walk slower. Eventually he found a little cart that was used by the museum's guards. He then decided it would be faster to use it than walking and so climbed on to find the keys were in,
" Oh good... " he mumbled as he started to drive.
Eventually he was getting bored again and so began to sing...
" They see me rollin' they hatin' " he chuckled. Eventually he saw someone in the distance...

(( IDEA! We shall maim paril. ))
04/02/2013 7:00 am
Korigon
"THIS IS NOT BLISS!" Screamed Johnathan as he ran through the halls. The Velociraptors were gaining on him. He kept running. There! The exit! He ran toward it, then smashed into a wall of glass....

"Ugh, where am I?" Johnathan said to himself, waking up. The Velociraptors had been just a dream. Johnathan looked around. The museum gift shop. And the doors were open. "Hrm." He said, and looked around. Johnathan grabbed a laserpointer and a flashlight, All that was really there, and walked out. The doors were right there! He ran into them, however. "Ahrg. Why can't I get out?" Johnathan yelled, and tried to open the door again. It was like it was glued shut. He could only see outside, and nothing was going on. It was like a soundproof room. Maybe he was stuck in there...Maybe he was stuck. Forever. Johnathan slowly sat down and started to cry, and thing he hadn't done in awhile...
03/29/2013 11:17 am
Level 33 : Artisan Lumberjack
KieKey
Declan fidgeted, then decided it would be a good time to relax, not noticing anyone, he went to put two chairs together, and a vending machine near his bed, so he had a supply of food and water. It was comferting, and Declan just lay there, relaxing, with no-one telling him what to do, or anything. It was bliss.
03/29/2013 11:11 am
Korigon
Johnathan looked at Declan eating from the corner of the room. Hm, must have not noticed me. Johnathan stood up and rubbed his eyes. "I'm going to go see if I can find a way out. Strange, I haven't seen the exit." He said to Declan then continued walking. "Hm. Its like the museum is turning to make me go somewhere. Like its controlling..." Johnathan stopped dead in his sentence, and turned around. How had he ended up in the dinsaur exhibit? "Oh man, oh man, this isn't good." He said to himself, and started retracing his steps, but he wasn't getting anywhere. Suddenly he heard a roar all to familiar. The Velociraptors. "I gotta get out of here." Johnathan said quietly to himself, and searched around for an exit. He started walking down the halls and quickly as he could, but the sound kept getting louder...
03/29/2013 9:33 am
KieKey
"Great. Thanks for the Help!" Declan hated being alone, if you stay together nothing bad would happen. Obviously that guy hadn't seen horror films. Declan started to run, zig-zagging to avoid any contact with anything. Following the signs to the cafeteria, he laughed, the door was locked, Declan started to bang on the door, to no avail. So he went around to the other door nearby, and it was already open. Seeing some food at the cafe, he decided he could do anything now. Declan wanted some chips, but he realized there was no chef, and that he would make them himself. So, after a while of staring at an oven, there were ready, he had healthy snacks as well in his bag. So he decided that this would be his lunch. "Awesome!" Declan shouted. Declan started to eat, savoring every taste. Even though no-one ((except your guy)) was there, he felt dependent, and tucking in, he thought to himself even though this has been a negative trip, there has been some positives about it!
03/29/2013 9:10 am
Korigon
"Your choice. I'll be waiting at the cafeteria!" Johnathan darted away and started running to the cafeteria. It felt good to run in a museum, to break a few rules. He looked around, but everything seemed intact. Like nothing happened. Perhaps the magic was real, and everything came alive at night. Get some sleep, John His brain told him. Magic couldn't be real. He looked around. "Hm." He said quietly. He had somehow landed up straight at the cafeteria in less than five minutes. "Guess I'm going to have to wait now."
03/29/2013 8:45 am
KieKey
"Right... Want me to go first, hopefully this time I can take them." Declan felt that he was humiliated the first time, and wanted to make up for it. "Let's go, but lets try not to harm the exhibits too much, if we get out, we don't want to be sued." Declan cracked a smile, and ventured forth back into the Egyptian exhibit.
03/29/2013 8:39 am
Korigon
Johnathan frowned again. "Yeah, its near the dinosaur exhibit, but there are real dinosaurs down there. I'd rather take another route. There's one near the Egyptian exhibit, and its almost light. I'll be able to navigate myself. Johnathan shivered and timidly opened the doors he had previously shut. There was nothing there. "What?" He said to himself. "Where did they go? Oh well. I guess its clear..C'mon." Johnathan said, and motioned for Declan to follow.
03/29/2013 8:23 am
KieKey
"Ok! Good Idea, I really have no Idea how to use a sword though, I'm more of a modern kind of guy." He smiled, this guy was actually fun to hang around with, "Where Is the Cafeteria? Isn't it near the Dinosaur exhibit or is it near the end, I can't seem the remember" Declan frowned, and cursed, he forgot when the cafe was at the wrong time, "Do you know where it is?" Declan hoped that Johnathan did.
03/29/2013 8:14 am
Korigon
Johnathan frowned. "I thought this was some sort of practical joke, but then I saw that." He pointed toward the Velociraptor's head. "That's real enough. And...Well, if that weird witch actually placed a curse on us, is it possible we could be stuck here?" Johnathan had a concerned look on his face. "Those Velociraptors were going to eat me! What if some of our classmates didn't escape!" Johnathan felt rather sick in his stomach, thinking of one of his friends being eaten. "I mean, we have weapons...Like this Kopesh here." He said, motioning his head toward an Egyptian sword. "But I have no idea how to hold it.....Sorry for my ramblings. I'm just concerned about the others. Yeah, probably just loss of food, lets go!"
03/29/2013 8:04 am
KieKey
"Oh, Hey! Those mummies just flung themselves onto me, I'm not too sure what happened, I've seen you around, after this, if we get out, you can hang with me." Declan smirked with arrogance, and then continued on.

"I thought my friends were playing a joke, on me, not too sure how those mummies came alive" If I stick with this guy, I can stay alive Declan thought to himself, "so where to next? The exit, or do you want to check out the exhibits..." Declan's stomach interrupted himself, "Or perhaps we could get some food, that would require money or stealing though, I have enough money for today."

He emptied his pockets into this hands, his phone and about 50 in change. "My parents wanted to make sure I had enough." Declan then checked his phone, "No Signal. Want to go to the cafe? Sure they have food and vending machines there." Declan smirked, then decided to fiddle with his phone, waiting for what to do.
03/28/2013 5:03 pm
Korigon
Johnathan heard a moaning. A bunch of things moaning. He kept running from the Velociraptors whilst guiding himself to the Egyptian exhibit. Johnathan burst in the doors only to find more mummies attacking something. "What the?" He said to himself, then braced himself the the Velociraptors attack. There was none, instead, the Velociraptors just ran and lunged at the mummies. "They won't find much. Heh." Johnathan said quietly to himself. The to his shock (( Johnathan is sure getting shocked a lot )) He saw a human underneath the mummies. It was another classmate! Unaware of the danger, Johnathan sprinted over to the teen and started pulling him away, only to find that the man was heavy. "Ughr." He groaned and continued pulling the man out by his legs. Suddenly, the Velociraptors turned and started going for Johnathan again! Great He muttered to himself, and pulled the man out of the room. Johnathan put his hands to the wood and started shutting the great wooden door, when suddenly one Velociraptor jumped through - And promptly got its head chopped off by closing doors. "Ahrg." Johnathan said quietly and looked at the mess. Then he turned to the man. "Are you alright? You're Declan aren't you? I've seen you in my class before!"
03/28/2013 4:44 pm
KieKey
((Sure gtg out tho, my birthday on sat (30th march ) )) (oh and thanks)
Declan started running, and tripped a nearby exhibit, then mummies, lots of mummies. They crowded him, shadowing him, until he almost couldn't breathe, then blackness. (Perhaps you could rescue me or something. :3)
03/28/2013 3:59 pm
Korigon
Johnathan slowly crept out of the corner and looked around. The French Exhibit hall or the entrance. He choose the entrance, due to there being a gift shop there where he could get all sorts of goodies such as a flashlight. Actually, He thought while walking toward it, Its just going to have a flashlight and a few worthless trinkets like a small laser. "Oh well." Johnathan said out loud. "I'll use the laser for protection. If only it was a really strong laser. Then I could cut myself out." He yawned and looking around. Oddly enough, he didn't seem to be in the meeting room, but in the prehistoric exhibit, and even more to his surprising, was that the Model T-Rex was missing, along with others. "A burglary!" Johnathan exclaimed out loud, and looked around. A small shriek caught his attention. In the corner, around ten Velociraptor stood in a group, milling around. But they were alive. Johnathan stared, then realized that they were coming toward him. Was this some sort of joke? Velociraptors? He backed away however, but suddenly one of the Velociraptors jumped and bit his arm. Johnathan gave a shout of alarm and started running, only to find to his shock that the Velociraptor were chasing him. He was their prey!

(( Sure, but you still don't get to command mummies. Want to have Johnathan bump into you? ))
03/28/2013 3:54 pm
KieKey
Declan walked through the main hall after buying food from local food store, Smirking at the teachers, he walked to a few of his favorite era's, then he went to the Egyptian era. It scared him and fascinated him at the same time. Then, a creak. Declan turned around probably nothing he thought to himself. Then realizing the rest of his friends had vanished, he really got scared. "Tommy!? Will!?" He screamed. Cursing, after tripping over a case, he kicked it. stupid case he thought to himself. Moaning erupted, he thought it was a silly joke so he kept on walking on, then turning around, his eyes widened, Declan was in shock. The mummies, came to life, deciding it was his time to leave, he ran, and didn't even bother to look back.

((Could my guy be a descendant of the Egyptians or something? ^^ ))
03/28/2013 3:44 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Turtle
Deth_Glitch
Napoleon heard something but ignored it, he wanted his soldiers and he was used to ignoring things he didn't want to acknowledge. He whistled a french nursery rhyme as he walked through the dark halls. "This will need a little sprucing up" he muttered "this will not do as my new palace!" he said. The small man walked on as if he had never died, he was alive again after all.
03/28/2013 3:34 pm
Korigon
Johnathan continued walking through the dark halls. Another shadow whistled past him. "Who's there?" He yelled out, but continued walking. Something about this place was freaking him out. What if there really was a curse? What if they couldn't leave. Johnathan shivered and looked around. There was something coming. He quickly ran toward the corner and crouched down, hoping to be hidden. What is that!? He thought to himself. A mummy like creature was shambling down the halls toward the French exhibit. "Some cool robot." Johnathan said, in a futile attempt to calm himself. Suddenly a roar echoed along the museum. "What's going on?!" Johnathan finally said outloud.
03/28/2013 3:07 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Turtle
Deth_Glitch
Napoleon creakily stretched as he began to use his new body for the first time. A new world to conquer! he thought as he imagined a new french empire. ((tempted to translate to french for speach... XD)) "Now to raise an army from nothing!" he said to himself as he began to stalk the silent halls looking for soldiers to recruit.
03/28/2013 2:57 pm
Korigon
Johnathan walked quickly on wooden floor. "Pioneer times." He said to himself while looking around. After that queen or something had "Enchanted" them, everyone had split up screaming. Frankly, Johnathan didn't see what the problem was. "Magic." He said scornfully. "Magic doesn't exist." Johnathan tried to tell the others, but they literately just screamed and ran away. Some had stayed and tried to group together, but with no avail. When the lights went off everything was pitch dark and they had been separated. Johnathan was a bit lost at the moment, but he was sure when the lights came back on he could exit the museum. Something whizzed past Johnathan, making him turn suddenly. "Who's there?" He cried out. No response. "Just my imagination." Johnathan mutters to himself and continues walking...

(( :I ))
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome