Grapedesk (Apple II enthusiasts only)

Snowyfox's Avatar Snowyfox8/19/13 2:00 am
1 emeralds 301 6
9/3/2013 12:30 am
munchiesyum's Avatar munchiesyum
Anyone remember the Apple II? Or at least, well, toyed with emulators with it?

Yes, I know, I'm 15 years old, but ever since I was 8, I have been toying with a lot of old systems (through emulators), like old Macintoshes, Apple IIs and even Amigas. I have since left that old world to come to Minecraft (I still have all my emulating stuff here for use anytime tho), but I have recently finished a project that I was supposed to finish YEARS ago.

Now that I'm more mature, I suppose I can present my creation to you guys, if you would like it. Behold, my largest hand-made Applesoft BASIC program, Grapedesk 1.2!

I also have the old versions, but the real jewel in my collection of Applesoft BASIC (one of the main programming languages for the Apple II) programs is my latest version of Grapedesk, which I finished after ditching it for over a year. 'Tis a useful program, originally designed to be sorta-like an operating system, but truly just a user-friendly enviroment at heart. Instead of using a normal command line system, you can use this program which sorts everything out into menus and throws in a few other goodies.

List of features :
- User-password system
- Disk Utilities (your usual file manager commands sorted into a nice menu)
- Application Shortcuts menu (a menu that you can type random text into as notes or actual application shortcuts that you can run, and it saves and loads these shortcuts into your user file)
- Lame real-time screensaver ("wave" coming from the "ocean" and crashing into a "dock" while under the hot "sun" and "sky")
- Hand-made four-operation (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division) calculator
- Quick program runner
- The above 3 placed in a handy desk accesories menu that can be opened quickly from the DIsk Utilities, Main Menu and Grape Guide
- Mod-able (if you need space for your own code, use the Lite versions provided instead of the full version that takes up almost all space)
- Random joke at the Disk Utilities and Main Menu
- A few small ads for other cool stuff
- Very clean interface
- Error handling (that safely but unfortunately and annoyingly kicks you out back to the login screen everytime an error occurs)
- Open source (as long as you give original credit to me)

So, anyone wanna try?
Download (this download contains all versions of Grapedesk that I have made so far, including the aforementioned full version of Grapedesk 1.2 and the mods that I have made alongside it)
Snowyfox
Level 26 : Expert Princess