How to get a random skin from Minecraft's Logs

Letti's Avatar Letti8/19/20 5:41 pm history
8/19/2020 7:39 pm
Letti's Avatar Letti
So, I found out how to find random skins from Minecraft's folders. It's very simple, and it's really fun to see the cool skins. My bad if it doesn't work if you're on like a Mac or like Linux or something like that, this way works on Windows, I know for sure.

All of the skins you have seen someone use (thank you Ijd for giving me this info) are stored in this very folder, that you can use yourself!

Note: I did not make any of these skins, and do not take any credit for the making of them.

First, what you should do is go to your .minecraft folder. There are YouTube videos on how to do this.

Second, go to assets in the .minecraft folder. It should usually be at the very top of the list.

Once you are in the assets file, go to the skins folder, usually found at the bottom of the list.

Next pick a random folder from the list, then open one of the files with an app similar to Photos, where you can view the skin.

Now, to turn this into a skin that you can use, go into a photo editor or a pixel art/paint app, and import the skin file you found. Next, go to "File" and click "Save As" and select it as a PNG and save it somewhere you can find it.

Finally, launch Minecraft or open a skins folder, whatever you use, and copy the skin in. Now you have that skin!

This is a really fun way to find new and awesome skins. I myself have found a very epic Perry the Platypus skin and even found TimeDeo's skin in there. There are so many possible skins you can find, and they're right in your hands!

P.S: If you already knew this, please don't send hate I just want to show others how to do it and stuff yeah.
Letti
Level 31 : Artisan Birb