New game for Android

bmanrules's Avatar bmanrules2/17/14 3:12 pm
3/4/2014 7:34 pm
bmanrules's Avatar bmanrules
Hey guys,

I'm here as a long time member of PMC to promote my new Android game, "Always Going Forwards". It's a physics based platformer about a robot named "Pogo" who has to travel across a new earth filled with dangerous objects:

It's just been published so it will take about half an hour for it to be visible.

IndieDB:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/always-going-forwards

Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/AlwaysGoingForwards

thanks!
bmanrules
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/04/2014 7:23 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer
DarkEyeDragon
Unity 3D ftw xD I suggest you take a look at Petalead. Its also created with the Unity Engine. Looks cool altough its a bit buggy sometime. Maby you can learn something from it $_$
03/04/2014 7:34 pm
bmanrules
I'll check it out. I've been using Unity for a few years now as I find it much better than using something like LWJGL - Why bother reinvent the wheel? This isn't the first game I've made with Unity though, I mess around in it a lot and am also working on a 3D RPG inspired by Cube World and Minecraft This game was meant to almost act as a distraction to help me work on ideas for the RPG while I had a bit of a developer's block Textures aren't great but I'm happy with the gameplay and the fact that I managed to release it within two months.
03/04/2014 7:20 pm
bmanrules
McJJHHey man i'm going to download your game now but if you can check out my newest Android game (and first)... http://www.tinyurl.com/playbowxy

I have it on the playstore in beta and have been working on it for about two-three weeks.

I plan to publish the official release tomorrow...
btw I'm only 13

Ok, I'll check it out when I get a chance. Could I get some criticism on mine too when you have the time?
03/04/2014 6:38 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
punchtree1000
What software did you create the game in?
03/04/2014 7:21 pm
bmanrules
Unity3D (Using the 2D functions). I'm not great at art but used paint.net to draw the textures and BFXR to create the sound effects. It's not the best looking content I've produced seeing as I suck at artwork but I'm happy with how it turned out
02/28/2014 8:17 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Plur
Doesn't look too bad. Keep it up!
03/04/2014 5:45 pm
bmanrules
Thanks!
02/28/2014 8:16 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Turtle
McJJH
Hey man i'm going to download your game now but if you can check out my newest Android game (and first)... www.tinyurl.com/playbowxy

I have it on the playstore in beta and have been working on it for about two-three weeks.

I plan to publish the official release tomorrow...
btw I'm only 13
02/28/2014 8:04 pm
bmanrules
Le bump
02/18/2014 2:41 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
fritzfun123
Hey! I saw this on your blog "CoderWithABlog"!
02/18/2014 2:45 pm
bmanrules
Cool It's been a while since I've posted there but I plan to soon
02/18/2014 12:32 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Dimitri Nostarik
Hey,

Your game looks pretty low-budget to me. I know you're an Indie developer(As am I), but I'm wondering how much effort you've put into this game? The idea is great, but I feel like you should work a bit on it more.

Mind adding me on Skype?
dimitri.nostalgia

Regards,

- Dimitri

Edit:
Got any videos of it?
02/18/2014 1:32 pm
bmanrules
It's literally had $0 put into it. I wrote it myself over the past 2 months, drew all artwork myself, created the sound effects and developed the music without a budget (I'm 16 too, and this is the first game I've ever managed to full complete, I've always lost motivation during my others) I'll add you on Skype when I get home, on my phone at the moment so I can't I don't have any videos currently but I do have one been created by a friend that should hopefully provide a good clear view of the game. What aspects of the game should I work to improve on?

Regards,

~ Bmanrules
02/18/2014 12:27 pm
bmanrules
02/17/2014 3:17 pm
Level 24 : Expert Architect
ianwilling
Looks Great!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024