PHP mod logger

Lurvik's Avatar Lurvik12/14/13 10:01 pm
1 emeralds 213 2
12/14/2013 10:37 pm
Lurvik's Avatar Lurvik
So, I was bored and I've wanted to do something like this for quite some time now. So I did it.

What is it?

Well in the current community I often play in we have a feature called "mod logs" where people can look up a name and it'll fetch results from the logs where the name is mentioned. Like if I enter "kiipa" I would get "kiipa banned Y for Z" or "Z kicked kiipa for Y". But that script isn't very efficient.

So I wanted to make my own, but in PHP. So I did.

How does it work?

It requires the server to restart once per day, preferably at 00:00 (because vanilla Minecraft doesn't log dates, only time the script adds today's date to the timestamp, and that the script runs. The script will go trough the latest.log for anything interesting (anything matching "ban", "unban", "kick" and so on), if it find something it'll parse the time, issuer, command, victim and additional arguments. The script will then insert everything it finds of interest into a MySQL table.

Then you have a front-end module that looks up names from the table. So far it's been super fast in the whole process (a few milliseconds).

Is it safe?

It uses PDO and prepared statement to void any and all attempt at SQLi.

What will the added

I will fix it up a little, possibly make or get someone to make a plugin that will stop the server, execute the script and then start the server.

A plugin is needed to restart the server at 00:00 and run the insert script. And a plugin to log victims full name. For example if I do "/ban fred" on a bukkit server that uses something like essentials it will ban "fredrick" and "1337fredrick", but log as "/ban fred" and not "/ban fredrick".

How can I get it?
PM me and I'll send of the scripts and help you set it up. All of the code is well commented and it's easy to set up the MySQL details (which so far is the only thing that's customize able).

If you don't like the design feel free to make it prettier and personalized to your own preference. Currently the results are displayed in a table. So it's easy to write up some CSS to style it.
A preview:
Lurvik
Level 1 : New Miner