A social network

GigabyteGiant's Avatar GigabyteGiant10/25/14 12:02 am
10/26/2014 8:03 pm
GigabyteGiant's Avatar GigabyteGiant
Hello Planet Minecraft.
A while back, I managed a project called Broadcast My Comment. The project did ok for a little while, but I may, I'm ashamed to say this, have gotten myself in a little bit to deep, mainly with the "social network update", as I promised a lot of features, and added them, but screwed up a few important things in the process.

Broadcast My Comment is being retired so I can work on a bigger, better, project.
The name for this is undecided at the moment, but I can tell you one thing, it's a social network that is focused on being simple, and fun. Everything is going to be written from a clean slate, by me. (over time I might be recruiting other people to help with the project, such as the amazing Jdf2)

All work will start tomorrow, and I will be attempting to post detailed updates at least once every 24 hours, unless stated otherwise.

Links won't be posted for the first few weeks, but I will be posting screenshots (any maybe some videos )

Feel free to leave ideas for features that I should add, if I like the idea, it might make it in the first release!

I really appreciate any support that I can get, and am sorry to the dear users of BMC, since I couldn't keep everything up-to-date with that.

If you would like to support the project, please feel free to place the following image in your signature! =D

BBCode:
[center][url=http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/social-network-t447089.html][img]http://edudek.org/giga/img/a_social_network.jpg[/img][/url][/center]
GigabyteGiant
Level 42 : Master Droid

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/26/2014 8:00 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
okoloto
Lol socializr sounds familiar
10/26/2014 8:03 pm
GigabyteGiant
Please read my last post. I am updating all details currently. Thanks!
10/26/2014 7:56 pm
GigabyteGiant
...I saw Socializr earlier, will be changing the name.
10/26/2014 4:21 pm
Level 28 : Expert Scribe
Journal
How would there be many legal issues involved?
10/26/2014 4:16 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
AzroWear
To avoid legal issues you might want to think of another name.

http://www.crunchbase.com/organization/socializr
10/25/2014 11:02 pm
GigabyteGiant
Phase
AwesomeMin3r2000Development started as promised! =D

I'll post more information tomorrow.

Also, name for project has been chosen. It'll be called Socializr!

I also made a little signature image, you can see it below. Let me know what you think, but don't be to harsh, I'm no artist.

Picture looks good.

Are you planning on developing a mobile app for it, or just on computer?

Thanks.

In fact, I am going to do mobile, desktop, and web apps. This will be only the second time that I've developed mobile apps, so those won't be out for a bit. You might be able to expect mobile apps in a few months (hopefully).
10/25/2014 10:52 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer
phase
AwesomeMin3r2000Development started as promised! =D

Also, name for project has been chosen. It'll be called Socializr!

I also made a little signature image, you can see it below. Let me know what you think, but don't be to harsh, I'm no artist.

Picture looks good.

Are you planning on developing a mobile app for it, or just on computer?
10/25/2014 10:49 pm
GigabyteGiant
Development started as promised! =D

Also, name for project has been chosen. It'll be called A Social Network!

10/25/2014 12:11 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer
phase
Because Minecraft, a video game based around 16 bit blocks, needs Social Media, even though it is on every social media there is.

Just seems kinda weird. I could see if you wanted to make something like PMC, just a big Minecraft place to hang out and talk about it, but what your advertising seems more then that, when it should be less.
10/25/2014 12:19 am
GigabyteGiant
Maybe you should have a look at my previous project, Broadcast My Comment, it'll make more sense then...

It's not just about Minecraft, it's just that PMC has such a great community, that I know I could get some great feedback.

Thanks for taking the time to read the post, and post a reply, I appreciate it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome