Are razer products good?

ValleyDew's Avatar ValleyDew12/18/14 5:41 pm
12/19/2014 1:52 am
DrStrad's Avatar DrStrad
I want a new mouse and keyboard. I saw some really cool lookin "gaming" keyboard and mice from Razer, I heard they aren't that good, but I still want some or whatever.
ValleyDew
Level 14 : Journeyman Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/19/2014 1:52 am
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
DrStrad
The only thing I would consider from them is their Deathadder, I've heard good things about the fit and feel, but only if they get rid of their terrible Synapse DRM and improve their quality control. Their keyboards are dead to me ever since they switched to Kailh switches instead of cherry mx and marketed them as better. Lastly, their headsets are crap.
12/18/2014 11:02 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Randomness3333
I'd recommend the Cooler Master Quickfire line. Once you go mechanical you don't go back.
12/18/2014 10:41 pm
Level 26 : Expert Button Pusher
_Nyarlathotep__
I honestly have always preferred Logitech. Especially for keyboards. Mainly because it was the first keyboard I owned that I didn't absolutely smash to pieces. It put up with some abuse. But yeah, Logitech is definitely worth the money. It's not near as expensive as razer and whatnot. And just as good.
12/18/2014 10:20 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
seriosbrad
Good? Yes; until they break within a month. They are known to have a horrible life span, of which I have experienced first hand. Their quality control is abysmal. You are paying for the brand name.

Let me tell you what has broken between my brothers and I. We do not share the products, we buy our own things - we do not live with each other either.

Broken:
4 Razer ONZA TE Controllers (They have horrible potentiometers, in fact, I've repaired them by using potentiometers out of a Playstation 2 controller).
2 Razer Lycosa Keyboards
1 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
1 Razer Carcharias Headset
1 Razer Mamba

And their plastic mouse pads will eat away at the Teflon feet on your mice very quickly.

Stick to Logitech unless you like Razer and have money to burn on replacements.
12/18/2014 10:09 pm
Randomness3333
What is your budget for mouse and keyboard OP?
12/18/2014 9:33 pm
Level 48 : Master Artist
janidorr
Headsets are another story, yet I'm okay with them. (I use a separate mic with that hangs in front of me with the pop filter looming in front of my face.) Since you're looking for mouse and keyboard, there aren't many other options, others being Logitech, SteelSeries, Genius, and Corsair. If you don't think you'll be going with Razer, I find SteelSeries are higher quality for their price but the eye candy isn't all that comparable. I own a Razer Naga, and I didn't expect to be playing MMORPG's so it wasn't as useful. Since I play more MOBA's, I should've gotten the Hex, but hey, I've had the thing for 2 years and isn't hasn't broke, neither has the keyboard.

I got the keyboard, the Deathstalker, before a mechanical variant was out. Had I waited I would've gotten that mechanical but I'm honestly happy with the one I have now. I will admit they are overpriced, but I wouldn't say they are "cheap" materials as none of the keys on my keyboard nor my mouse have ever stopped working correctly with heavy, daily use.

My advice to you is if you plan to go and buy the mice and/or keyboard, get it now. The site is currently offering a deal where the price will not be as overpriced as it is the holiday season. There is a cheaper deal right now where there's the whole jamboree of headset, keyboard, mouse, and mousepad for a good deal, but it didn't look like you were interested in the headset.

Lastly, don't buy their mousepads. No one needs to spend $50 on a mousepad. I got the Steelseries QcK for $10. I honestly would've stuck with the insurance company mousepad I once had.
12/18/2014 10:00 pm
ValleyDew
WHY SO MUCH FOR A SIMPLE MOUSEPAD
12/18/2014 10:17 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
MrAllyxx
A good quality mouse pad is worth a little extra if you are playing more competitive games then minecraft.

as for the question if razer products are good, I have to agree with the others here and say that the keyboards and mice are good but the headsets are very uncomfortable and do not have the best sound quality. If you want an amazing headset then not many can beat Sennheiser's, but please whatever you do do not buy Logitech headsets, they are uncomfortable, sound terrible, and have the build quality of a two year old's tooth pick and glue art project.
12/18/2014 8:16 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
53MP3RF1
Don't jump for headsets. They've got terrible build quality and they will break easily. There's an AWESOME deal on Sennheiser HD 598's. They're awesome all-around headphones and this is the lowest I've ever seen them. For a mic, you could ask around and see if there are any quality boom mics or such, but the Modmic is an excellent option. I'm going to use a budget of about $300 considering that is how much a pair of Astro A50's cost (which seems to be what you want to get, or at least does from what I've gathered from the thread). Those two products add up to about $200. This leaves room for an external DAC/Amp, such as the FiiO E10K]FiiO E10K.

I've currently got some Sennheiser HD 650s and a FiiO E10K and I can confirm they sound beautiful. I'm sure some 598s and the E10K will sound amazing as well.
12/18/2014 8:15 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
ZeldaStone
Sir, if you'd like a headset, Astros probably have the best quality, but come with a higher price
12/18/2014 8:17 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
forgot about you
I'd catergory Astros equal to Turtal Beach. Pretty bad quality
12/18/2014 9:08 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
ZeldaStone
I compared them, I think Astro's are way btter, if you're using A40's, since A50's are shit.
12/18/2014 7:22 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
Danborg Is turtle beach good?

Short Answer: No.

Long Answer:
All gaming headsets are not good. They take a pair of headphones and a mic, put them together, and sell them for an outrageously overpriced amount. 10/10 times it is better to get a dedicated pair of headphones and a dedicated mic. When you get a headset, the manufacturers will always skimp out on the headphone quality, the mic quality, or the build quality. Sometimes even all three. *cough* razer, turtle beach, etc *cough*

Wait for either 57r4d or a different audiophile to come. They'll explain it better.
12/18/2014 6:27 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
forgot about you
Razer is good for keyboard, but they are majorly overpriced. For example, take the deathstalker. It's $90 and it's not mechanical, but it feels nice.

Take the deathadder for example. It feels nice but it's overpriced. You can do much better for the price, in most aspects.

Razer is a brand for "looks", not really features.

For their headphones, no. Just don't bother with their headphones.

And to be quite honest, turtle beach sucks; I've had 3 TBs in a year-- all of them had a problem or broke from light use.
12/18/2014 5:54 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Mage
ZachDevv
Turtle Beach, For Xbox/Playstation, I give a 7.5/10
Razor, I give a 8/10 (Prices)
12/18/2014 5:53 pm
ValleyDew
Why?
12/18/2014 5:49 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
Zeldastone104
DanborgIs turtle beach good?

I prefer Astro A40's. The A50's have some problems if you dont set them up right. Turtle Beach though, I dont like.
12/18/2014 5:48 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
RoboShadow
Your buying pretty much the name with them.
And I wouldn't buy turtle beach.
12/18/2014 5:45 pm
ValleyDew
Yeah, That is exactly what I want. Yaya! Is turtle beach good?
12/18/2014 7:16 pm
Randomness3333
Don't get them. Just don't. Bad quality in both build and sound. Much better to go with a pair of good headphones and either the Zalman clip-on mic or the Modmic.
12/18/2014 5:45 pm
Randomness3333
Tldr: better options for the same price.
12/18/2014 5:44 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
Zeldastone104
Shhh, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, Razer Naga. That's all you need. Razer headsets suck though #AstroA50
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome