My computer does not display anything on the monitor.

ColbaltHD's Avatar ColbaltHD8/9/14 8:18 am
1 emeralds 1.1k 28
8/11/2014 10:56 pm
ColbaltHD's Avatar ColbaltHD
Ok my problem is a little tricky and I need help ASAP. I am a bit tech savy my self but I have been at this probem for weeks. My computer starts up fine, fans are spnning and such, but there is no display on my screen. It does not show "No signal" just empty black ness as if it was off.I think it might be the graphics card because it's discontinued but I cant be for sure, and I have no other PC in my house to test it.s Here is the tricky thing, I CAN get it on sometimes when I unplug the power cables everwhere and plug them back in. Once I do that I can play games such as BF4 fine. Although when I manage to start up my computer the time is always off, I have also tried to replace the CMOS battery, which did not help solve anything. I do know its not the monitor cause I tried it on two.
SPECS: CPU: AMD FX-6300
GPU: Sapphire radeon 7850
PSU: XFX 450w
RAM: 8GB
ColbaltHD
Level 39 : Artisan Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/11/2014 10:56 pm
ColbaltHD
bump
08/10/2014 11:00 pm
ColbaltHD
Yes I have tried the psu in the gpu... I know my fair share of computers.
08/10/2014 10:52 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
xmx1024
MrElectroman3anyone who defaults to bringing people down because they think they are better than the person they are bringing down, is instantly incorrect.

FCCAGutThat makes sense how? Take it not as a offensive term but to encourage you to expand upon knowledge. Also don't worry that I'm here, I'm just as smart as you.

if you insult someone because they are incorrect, you instantly become incorrect.

Avoiding flame, this is the last post that will be involved with FCCAGut on my behalf.
08/10/2014 10:48 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
FCCAGut
anyone who defaults to bringing people down because they think they are better than the person they are bringing down, is instantly incorrect.[/quote]

That makes sense how? Take it not as a offensive term but to encourage you to expand upon knowledge. Also don't worry that I'm here, I'm just as smart as you.
08/10/2014 10:45 pm
xmx1024
Have you plugged in the required power to the GPU?
Click to reveal
08/10/2014 10:42 pm
xmx1024
FCCAGut
Afootpluto
FCCAGut
a computer doesn't need a GPU to POST.

It does need a GPU to post.

You're an idiot.

anyone who defaults to bringing people down because they think they are better than the person they are bringing down, is instantly incorrect.
08/10/2014 10:39 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Ninja
Afootpluto
FCCAGut
Afootpluto
FCCAGut

You're an idiot.

1. Tell me how i am wrong. Before you call me a idiot.
2. Yes you don't need a graphics card to post, but you need a iGPU then.
3. OP doesn't have a iGPU because he has a FX series.
08/10/2014 10:28 pm
Afootpluto
FCCAGut
Afootpluto
FCCAGut

You're an idiot.

lol
08/10/2014 10:27 pm
FCCAGut
Afootpluto
FCCAGut

You're an idiot.
08/10/2014 10:25 pm
Afootpluto
FCCAGut

08/10/2014 10:20 pm
FCCAGut
I guess the only thing we can say now is take out all the hardware besides the CPU. I've seen a CPU die/dying/faulty. One CPU I had would keep showing memory failures and wouldn't POST. Another one I had which I can't tell if its faulty or not, If that one doesn't post I would get GPU information on the screen and it would crash. If it would POST it would crash in the CMOS. CPU's do weird things when they don't get stuff right. Remove hardware is all I can think of right now. I do remember on another computer I used one of the wires was put in the wrong place and it wouldn't show anything on the screen. It really depends on how your motherboard is designed. Of course I could bash PC's at that point since they aren't standard, but that's just me. Ha.

In a different circumstance, UEFI may be at fault as well. That's some crummy stuff they got there. Especially in terms of memory. But yeah remove all the hardware (besides the CPU), including all the RAM and go by one by one and a computer doesn't need a GPU to POST.
08/10/2014 8:46 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Since the monitor's receiving signal that means the GPU's communicating with it. If I were you I'd find a computer to test the GPU in (I know you said you don't have a computer to test it in, but the GPU needs testing). If the GPU works, then it's not receiving proper data (if any at all) from the CPU, in which case it's either a CPU or motherboard problem. I'd also find an old GPU to plug in to your computer and see if it runs fine while using it, to rule out motherboard/CPU failure.
08/10/2014 8:58 pm
ColbaltHD
Its not the GPU I have tried that and it is actually not that beep noise. Its the same noise, but more together.
08/10/2014 8:32 pm
Leeberator
Do the beeps sound like this?

EDIT: Here's what I found for ASUS motherboard beep codes. Are you sure it's 6 beeps? If it's 6 including the normal startup beep, then it's probably hardware failure.

08/10/2014 8:44 pm
ColbaltHD
Yea sounds like that Im trying to figure out what part it is though
08/10/2014 7:37 pm
Leeberator
What motherboard do you have? If we can get the brand and model we (or you) can look up the beep error codes and find out what 6 beeps means.
08/10/2014 8:15 pm
ColbaltHD
08/10/2014 7:24 pm
FCCAGut
Answer me one question....did you remove all the RAM? I've seen this problem before a couple times and usually involves the first stick being bad. The BIOS on the graphics card gets stored inside RAM. If there's a problem with that first stick it can't write to it, hence a black screen. 6 beeps could be a memory failure as well depending on the BIOS you have.
08/10/2014 7:31 pm
ColbaltHD
Yes I replaced both of the ram sticks.
08/10/2014 7:04 pm
ColbaltHD
Ok, I got new ram, not the ram. I got a new gpu. not the gpu. Next? BTW I got a little speaker thing gives me 6 beeps
08/10/2014 12:16 am
Level 36 : Artisan Architect
jgrocks2
Generally when my monitor doesn't work it's because I put the monitor in a certain place and it'll lose connection. It's sorta weird.
08/09/2014 1:01 pm
Level 49 : Master Wizard
epicanthony76
It isn't your graphic card. Does the startup appear? If it does try hitting F8 and see if you can run it in safe mode.
08/09/2014 12:55 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
It could be your motherboard shorting out. It wouldn't be a GPU problem since it does work once you get it up. Do you still have those speaker connectors that came with the mobo? If so, plug them up and see if it makes any sounds.
08/09/2014 7:42 pm
ColbaltHD
No, my mobo or case did not come with that sadly. Is there any other way I could know my mobo is shorted out?
08/09/2014 7:50 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
No idea, other than seeing if other things work, and see which one doesn't. From what you've said, and what other's have said, it's pointing to a fried motherboard. Do you still have warranty on it?
08/09/2014 11:29 pm
ColbaltHD
I do have a warranty on it, and i plan on contacting them as soon as they are open tomorrow, I will keep you updated.
08/09/2014 9:37 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
Creeper7111
I'm not the best with computers but you could try to plug in the VGA cable to the motherboard plug
08/09/2014 6:38 pm
ColbaltHD
I have an AMD cpu so no vga cable on the mobo.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome