Custom Gaming Pc

PkGamer's Avatar PkGamer2/25/14 5:05 pm
2/26/2014 9:59 pm
PixelBeam's Avatar PixelBeam
I'm looking to build a gaming pc that will be cable of running games on high/ultra.Also the computer will be used for recording youtube videos and possibly later on livestreaming.I tend to make music and animations so I guess take that into consideration too.

First of all I just need to make something clear before someone redirects me to some really high end stuff.I really just need a max of 60 fps since thats how many frames most monitors support and I won’t be able to see the difference between 60fps and 120fps.I also will have a budget of less than 1000 euros.Ideally the budget should be even smaller like 500-700 but I can always stretch it.I'm pretty sure you can get some decent parts with a budget of 700.Note, euros.

Oh and one of the most important aspect I'm taking into consideration is the motherboard. I'm looking for something that I will still be able to upgrade and something that can be safe proofed for a few years so that my motherboard will be able to support the latest generations/production lines of processors/GPUs.I'm also looking for a couple of PSE slots (or whatever they are called) so that I can have a dedicated graphic card (maybe 2 later on), a sound card (I tend to create music on my computer).Not sure how many ram slots.Would be nice if it also had wifi built-in but not necessary.Doesn't require to have a kazillion of usb slots and I don’t really need usb 3.0.

I'm most likely going for Ram DRRM 3 (or whatever its called) but might stick to DRRM 2 and upgrade later(motherboards come with both slot types right?).I'm looking for at least 8gb of ram probably.As far as I know its usually quantity over quality as long as its a trusted brand for ram.

For the processor I'm aiming at a two core/quad core one most likely from ATI/AMD since they tend to be a bit cheaper then Intel while still worthy.Once again I'm into producing music and I will be using the computer for youtube videos so there will be video editing too later on.

For the GPU I'm once again probably going to go for ATI/AMD...Maybe Nvidia but once again im not sure.I'm probably looking for a graphic card from 500mb-1gb but I'm not sure.No need for those fancy 3D supported graphic cards since I dont even have a 3D monitor.

I'm probably looking for something from 500gb-1tb for storage.Probably SATAII.

Once again I am just a bit of a computer enthusiastic and don't know that much.Definitely don't know much about the prices but I'm going for a budget from 500 to a maximum of 1000 (note its a maximum, I'd prefer something in the 700s or even the 800s)

I live in Ireland so I'll be only buying parts here or from UK if necessary unless the shipping is cheap or free.

I'm also looking for a monitor but thats later on since I have some old piece of ..... that I will be able to play around with.Right now I'm using a laptop and so I'm pretty limited to gaming not mentioning recording.I'll probably sell it since I dont even use it outside of home and so the computer will just replace it.

Also note this is just a base and I will be probably be upgrading it with time so that why I’m really focused on the motherboard and its compatibility etc.

So I’m looking for recommendations,tips and so on.Thanks for taking your time of reading through that block of text.
PkGamer
Level 36 : Artisan Spelunker

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/26/2014 8:58 pm
Level 41 : Master Enderdragon
Aspiria
AMD GPU's are currently extremely overpriced and won't suggest them, use PCpartpicker to pick out a build which will fit you. I can suggest nvidia 760 for such a budget build and a amd 8 core or intel i5
02/26/2014 9:09 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
Huh? Amd's are overpriced? Where are you buying from?.... a 760 isn't for a budget build? a 750 is...but not a 760..... And he won't need 8 cores.
02/26/2014 6:45 pm
PkGamer
I wont be playing just minecraft guys.I will also be playing Counter Strike GO and other games on steam.

I'm probably getting the i5 processor.Any idea which one would suit me?I would be guessing 2,70ghz would be alright but I have no clue really.

The graphic card will probably be a nvidia. Not sure which one.Probably atleast 2gb.Possibly 3gb.

I'll be getting a 1tb drive since you get more for your money than just a 500gb.
And a PSU that is atleast 30% over what I may peak at.

So I still need help picking the specific processor,graphic card and mother board.
For the motherboard I'm looking at 4 DIMM slots (for RAM) and 3 PCIe slots (2 for possible double GPUs, 1 for soundcard).Would be useful if it had intergrated wifi but not necessary.

A friend that is really a computer expert, is going to recommend me a build tomorrow since I asked him today.

So all going along nicely and thanks for your help and please continue to help.
And lets all keep embarrassing mac and the half eaten apple.
02/26/2014 8:28 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Randomness3333
You won't need a sound card. You will barely notice the difference unless you have very high quality speakers/headset.

Since you want to SLI in the future just use this build and replace the motherboard with this.
02/26/2014 4:59 pm
Killertoad
n8moPlaysMC
Go download Logic Pro X, a leader in Digital Audio Production on a Windows, it aint gonna run.

Well, of course it wont run, as Logic Pro X is only for mac.....Why don't you download and play Battlefield 4 on your mac? Or maybe even Arma 2/3, DayZ? Okay, okay, maybe you can play some indie games.....Oh yeah, that's right! You can't!
02/26/2014 4:43 pm
PkGamer
Personally I hate macs, think they are overrated, over advertised, over priced, over reputated and underpowered.
And I personally prefer Fruity Loops over Logic Pro X.
I just don't see whats in macs.In pcs you replace parts.In macs you buy a new mac.
The performance on macs is horrific if you ask me.
And the fact that hey have stuff like 'superdrive'
Way I see it Steve Jobs was making HIS IDEA of what a perfect computer is.

27-inch: 3.4GHz
Specifications
3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz
8GB (two 4GB) memory
1TB hard drive1
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M with 2GB video memory
Dispatched:
Within 24 hours
Free Delivery
€2,099.00

Thats a 27 inch I-Mac.How that is worth 2,099 euros I have no idea.

And a Mac Pro is 3099 euro.And that is just the starting price.With no monitor.The more expensive version is 4099 euro.And you can probably build a even more expensive version.
And if it breaks, forget fixing it.You need another one.
For 4000 euro I could have a amazing gaming computer.I could probably include a whole set up of HD monitors in that price.And a gaming mouse and mic.
02/26/2014 12:33 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
YourFriendsToilet
02/26/2014 12:25 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
CaptainRavenAndre
CaptainRavenAndre
n8moPlaysMC
Killertoad
Go download Logic Pro X, a leader in Digital Audio Production on a Windows, it aint gonna run.

Give me a reason not to download sony vegas pro 12 or photoshop xD thats for video and pics now again for audio how ya sure it is the best? Most famous isn't the best lol
02/26/2014 12:23 pm
CaptainRavenAndre
n8moPlaysMC
Killertoad
n8moPlaysMC
They are the best when it comes to digital art, Music production, and most other creative things, I speak with a fair amount of experience on windows and mac.

I have to disagree, you can easily get a $2,000 windows pc, that can blow your mac out of the water in 3d rendering, video editing, and anything else a "mac" can do.

Give me a reason not to download sony vegas pro 12 or photoshop xD
02/26/2014 12:14 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Prince
n8mo
Killertoad
n8moPlaysMC
They are the best when it comes to digital art, Music production, and most other creative things, I speak with a fair amount of experience on windows and mac.

I have to disagree, you can easily get a $2,000 windows pc, that can blow your mac out of the water in 3d rendering, video editing, and anything else a "mac" can do.

02/26/2014 12:11 pm
CaptainRavenAndre
Beyond gaming however, I find macs a lot better, wish Id've bought one sooner to be completely honest.

NO NOOO. Sorry but that is my reaction, to your comment. You can try to explain to me in what way a mac is better for art and music production. Mac has only 1 better aspect than windows that is that mac is an easier os. However once you have learned windows i can guarantee you will be able to use far more functions.

And exactly mac doesn't run it's own software it was made in UNIX, so technically you are using the so hated ubuntu.

I speak with an massive amount of experience with windows and mac.

-Andre[/quote]
02/26/2014 12:11 pm
CaptainRavenAndre
Beyond gaming however, I find macs a lot better, wish Id've bought one sooner to be completely honest.

They are the best when it comes to digital art, Music production, and most other creative things, I speak with a fair amount of experience on windows and mac.[/quote]
NO NOOO. Sorry but that is my reaction, to your comment. You can try to explain to me in what way a mac is better for art and music production. Mac has only 1 better aspect than windows that is that mac is an easier os. However once you have learned windows i can guarantee you will be able to use far more functions.

And exactly mac doesn't run it's own software it was made in UNIX, so technically you are using the so hated ubuntu.

I speak with an massive amount of experience with windows and mac.

-Andre
02/26/2014 8:34 am
CaptainRavenAndre
I would recommend for doing minecraft videos and stuff a pretty decent cpu, At the very least the i5 4670k which is only $40 more than 4440. Also for the case there is a actually a large difference between different cases, you may not see this if you have only used low quality cases but i see this clearly. My recommendation for a case is the Fractal Design Define R4 there you can get alot of space for cable management, it also comes with sound dampering material and great cooling performance. To the Fractal Design R4 you get 2 Usb 2's 2 Usb 3's on the case + your motherboard usb's.

The case has place for 6 140mm fans as well as multiple gpu's and big gpu's. In this case you can also easily install a custom water cooling kit or an Swiftech H220.

For the GPU get the 770 ATLEAST to get a decent gaming computer. You will require at least 8gb 1600 mhz ram and at least an 750 W power supply.

-Andre hope this helped

PM me to get pc building help.
02/26/2014 9:11 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Ladybug
McJackson3180
"At least a 770"
A 770 is a high end card, it can run pretty much any games maxed out at 1080p, I'd say at least a 660 or 750ti .
02/26/2014 12:07 pm
CaptainRavenAndre
Exactly thats why would you do with a $50 cheaper gpu that runs a lot worse.. Also you need a high end card for gaming low end cards will barely run minecraft,

-Andre No offense meant
02/26/2014 5:32 pm
McJackson3180
A 760 which is around 65 dollars less than a 770 is 10 percent less powerful and will run any game on high/ultra, how is that a piece of crap? This guy says he wants to play minecraft, minecraft is more CPU intensive than GPU intensive. A GTX 650 with an i5 will perform almost the same as an i5 with a 770 on minecraft(unless using shaders)
He just wants to record minecraft, he doesn't need a 400 dollar graphics card for minecraft, maybe if he was recording bf4 or something. If he is going to play other games the most he will need is a 770.
02/26/2014 8:45 am
Randomness3333
1333 mhz RAM is fine. A 750W PSU is only needed if you plan on Crossfire/SLI. Otherwise, a 500-600W is usually fine.
02/26/2014 8:10 am
Killertoad
n8moPlaysMC

02/25/2014 7:45 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Prince
n8mo
Koslaw99
tankerkiller125
Tdonnydoesit7GET A MAC

Your trying to troll right? Macs don't even run their own software its all based on Unix or Linux whatever you wanna call it.

Macs are not gaming computers. As far as I recall they cost at least $1,000 dollars compared to an $800 gaming PC. And if the Mac breaks you toss it out. If a PC breaks you fix the part

02/25/2014 7:33 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc337468
[deleted]
02/25/2014 7:33 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Turtle
Tdonny
GET A MAC
02/26/2014 9:20 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
PixelBeam
AND THROW IT RIGHT AWAY
Click to reveal
Macs suck
02/26/2014 9:42 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
wesley023
true.. oh wait, macs? no windows sucks
02/26/2014 9:59 pm
PixelBeam
I guess that you prefer a slightly altered version of Linux instead of a full OS. I mean, Macs are 2000$ Facebook games machines
02/26/2014 9:46 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Geek
Z645
So you prefer Apples over Windows? You want fruits rather than a window? XD
02/26/2014 9:23 pm
Killertoad
No sell it to a hipster for double the price, and then buy a even better gaming computer
02/26/2014 9:28 pm
McJackson3180
Now if I think of it I could build a computer with a 780ti and 2 more monitors for the price of my moms MacBook hahahahaha
02/26/2014 9:28 pm
McJackson3180
Now if I think of it I could build a computer with a 780ti and 3 monitors for the price of my moms MacBook hahahahaha
02/26/2014 5:38 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious

I wouldn't even pay this much for the new Macs.
02/26/2014 5:28 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Batman
hawkek
Mac's are more stupid than my pet hamster, and I don't even own a pet hamster.
02/26/2014 5:19 pm
Level 25 : Expert Toast
Shadow_Anndroid
GTFO.
02/26/2014 8:48 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Pony
StillCat
Why...why...why would you do this?
02/25/2014 7:34 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc337468
[deleted]
02/25/2014 7:02 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
If you buy a computer that will only run Minecraft at 60 FPS, you will need to upgrade it pretty quickly as it will fall behind.

Spend 110-150 Euros on a nice graphics card, so you can use it for a long while. I recommend a GTX 660, 760, or 750/750 Ti. The 750 and 750 Ti are really energy-efficient, but they're not nearly as good as the 660 and 760.
02/25/2014 7:12 pm
Killertoad
I would only recommend the 750/750ti for budget builds.
02/25/2014 6:46 pm
Randomness3333
I made this build list from Komplett.ie.
Click to reveal
The only thing I'd change if you need it cheaper would be getting a 760 instead of a 770.I'll look around for some other sites to get some better deals but this is a good idea of what you can get.
02/25/2014 5:48 pm
PkGamer
I live in Ireland.Probably wont be overclocking.
02/25/2014 5:34 pm
Randomness3333
Do you want to overclock and what are some websites you can order from?
02/25/2014 5:27 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Explorer
Octane154
You're going to need Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition for an Ultra PC.
02/26/2014 5:07 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
degutter29
You are dumb.... Intel i7 4th generation are fine for gaming. No one really needs a six core processor just to game currently. So, next time you want to say something, check your facts.
02/26/2014 5:12 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Engineer
socksmusicalcat
In fact, get the highest clocked i5. Unless you're doing something highly threaded like video editing with professional software, paying the extra money for an i7 will not get you any performance gains, especially not in the gaming realm. Don't pay for HyperThreading you're not going to use.
02/25/2014 7:57 pm
McJackson3180
Go away
02/25/2014 5:35 pm
PixelBeam
He doesn't even need an Ultra PC

And PkGamer, where do you live(inside Europe)? Because the prices are not exactly the same from country to country
02/25/2014 5:29 pm
Killertoad
No he won't? That's not even even best for gaming?
02/25/2014 5:24 pm
PixelBeam
I can try to make you a part list
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome