Final Build, Anything Missing Before I Order?

generalcedric's Avatar generalcedric11/23/14 2:42 pm
11/24/2014 8:05 pm
Skeeloton's Avatar Skeeloton
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($114.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Fury Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate 1TB 2.5" 5400RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GT 740 4GB Superclocked Video Card ($122.98 @ Directron)
Case: Azza SIRIUS ATX Mid Tower Case ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 450W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Wireless Network Adapter: Edimax EW-7811UTC 802.11a/b/g/n/ac USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter ($13.55 @ Mwave)
Total: $521.47
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-23 14:32 EST-0500

Ok, so this is my build.

CPU: People said take the i3 4130, but it gets beat by the AMD
(http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i3-4130-vs-AMD-FX-8320 | Espically in overclocking)

The i3 may get more per core, and im never gonna use 8 cores, but perhaps when i have 10+ things open
=-=-=-=-=-=-====-=-=-=-=-
Motherboard: Doesn't work well with linux, but -$15 and free shippin'
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-
RAM: I have some extra ram too
-==-=-=--==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Storage: Anyone have some experience w/ hybrids? Good r naw?
-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Video Card: A bit overkill, but i render stuff
=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-
Case: the case looks dope, i think it will fit? its ATX
-=-=--==--===-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Power Supply: Build should only need 300 voltz, this is 450
-=-=-
Wifi: I think i have the right thing xD

kk, so, Do i need case fans?

I prob forgot some other things, such as a cpu fan, but do i really need one? Stock much?

Anyways, tks
-cedric
generalcedric
Level 29 : Expert Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/24/2014 8:05 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Skeeloton
Randomness3333Both of your builds are horrible.
CPUBoss is a horrible site to compare CPUs. It doesn't display real world performance. Use actual benchmarks of programs. Like these or these.
You mentioned overclocking. You won't get far overclocking a 125 watt CPU on that motherboard. Plus, you would need an aftermarket CPU cooler which adds to the cost. For that price you can just get an i5.
You can get cheaper RAM.
That HDD is bad. You should be getting a 7200 RPM drive today. Hybrid drives are not worth the extra money. The only difference between them and a regular HDD is that they have a small SSD which is used for caching commonly used programs/files. You can't control what's on the ssd portion.
That is a very weak GPU and is extremely overpriced, it. For that price you can get a r9 270 which utterly destroys that little GPU.
The case is low quality. Azza is not a brand I will ever recommend.
You can get a 750 watt 80+ Gold PSU for only $5 more.

As for your second build.
It uses an outdated CPU and motherboard that is more expensive than newer and better ones.
Why would you ever think of getting 32GBs of RAM? What are you doing that needs even more than 8?
Overpriced HDD. The Seagate Barracuda or WD Blue are cheaper and will perform pretty much the same.
The GPU and PSU don't even have a price since they aren't being sold. Even if they were they would be bad choices.

Shady's build gives you the best performance for the price so I will recommend it. Can you please fill out the build template so we can give you the best build for your needs?

^

GPU favorites Geforce Cards and says AMD cards are worse.
11/24/2014 7:52 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Randomness3333
Both of your builds are horrible.
CPUBoss is a horrible site to compare CPUs. It doesn't display real world performance. Use actual benchmarks of programs. Like these or these.
You mentioned overclocking. You won't get far overclocking a 125 watt CPU on that motherboard. Plus, you would need an aftermarket CPU cooler which adds to the cost. For that price you can just get an i5.
You can get cheaper RAM.
That HDD is bad. You should be getting a 7200 RPM drive today. Hybrid drives are not worth the extra money. The only difference between them and a regular HDD is that they have a small SSD which is used for caching commonly used programs/files. You can't control what's on the ssd portion.
That is a very weak GPU and is extremely overpriced, it. For that price you can get a r9 270 which utterly destroys that little GPU.
The case is low quality. Azza is not a brand I will ever recommend.
You can get a 750 watt 80+ Gold PSU for only $5 more.

As for your second build.
It uses an outdated CPU and motherboard that is more expensive than newer and better ones.
Why would you ever think of getting 32GBs of RAM? What are you doing that needs even more than 8?
Overpriced HDD. The Seagate Barracuda or WD Blue are cheaper and will perform pretty much the same.
The GPU and PSU don't even have a price since they aren't being sold. Even if they were they would be bad choices.

Shady's build gives you the best performance for the price so I will recommend it. Can you please fill out the build template so we can give you the best build for your needs?

SnowyfoxWhat the hell is with you guys? If he wants a build like that, it's his money. Calling them a moron is wayyy out of your allowable rudeness sphere. Go ahead and advise, but, leave him be if he insists. He's still going to get a better PC than the one manufacturers build, anyways.

*EDIT* OP, pls get an actual wireless network card...a USB one would be too fragile for your purposes...I'm sure you have space to fit one in.

I don't care what OP wants. I care about what he needs. What he wants is bad and will not meet his needs. I will ALWAYS tell people to get the best build for their budget and requirements. If someone suggests a build that does not do this, then I will point out the flaws and recommend against it.
Yes, calling him a moron would be rude. However, I have not seen anyone on this thread call OP one. Can you please point out when this happened? Any other terms that insults one's intelligence would be fine as well.
Edit: I stand corrected. I agree that calling people names is immature and unnecessary.
Skeeloton
generalcedricYeah actually i think this one is Good http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DGTRsY

Alright man, you're either a troll, or a moron.

Bad build. I'm done.
11/24/2014 7:41 pm
Skeeloton
SnowyfoxWhat the hell is with you guys? If he wants a build like that, it's his money. Calling them a moron is wayyy out of your allowable rudeness sphere. Go ahead and advise, but, leave him be if he insists. He's still going to get a better PC than the one manufacturers build, anyways.

What IS wrong with us? He's probably not even being serious. He's being a troll. Why would he buy OUTDATED PARTS. I'm trying to save him from wasting his money on outdated parts when he could have a 10x better PC for the price.

edit:

Why wouldn't you get Shady's Build?

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($67.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: *G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.77 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Tri-X Video Card ($199.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($32.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $561.69

Its perfect for your price range!
The I3 is better than the AMD FX.
The GPU is waaay better than the 740 you picked out originally and the 640 you randomly chose a while ago.
The case is cheap and the Corsair 200R Mid Tower is 10x better.
You chose a cheap PSU.

Everything you chose seems weird. It's okay if you don't have that much nollege of building PC's. Everyone starts somewhere, but the best thing you do is accept help. I get the impression you're a troll.
11/24/2014 7:39 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Snowyfox
What the hell is with you guys? If he wants a build like that, it's his money. Calling them a moron is wayyy out of your allowable rudeness sphere. Go ahead and advise, but, leave him be if he insists. He's still going to get a better PC than the one manufacturers build, anyways.

*EDIT* OP, pls get an actual wireless network card...a USB one would be too fragile for your purposes...I'm sure you have space to fit one in.
11/24/2014 7:24 pm
Level 29 : Expert Modder
generalcedric
Yeah actually i think this one is Good http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DGTRsY
11/24/2014 7:34 pm
Skeeloton
Alright man, you're either a troll, or a moron.

Bad build. I'm done.
11/23/2014 5:26 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
I sense troll
11/23/2014 5:12 pm
Skeeloton
Dude. You should really listen to the PC Group, they obviously know better than you do. Your build is awful. Why not the Intel I3? It's better than the AMD FX. 8 cores? BS. Bad and cheap case, cheap PSU, and dude... You think a 740 is OP? Even with 4GB you think it's OP? You should listen and get the R9 280X. It's 10 times better than the 740 and will last 5 times longer. Bad build man. Really, you should listen to people. They're only trying to help.
11/23/2014 3:41 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Dragonborn
TheGrim123321
To get a better more exact build please fill this out.

What is this computer going to be used for?
List what you will be doing with your computer.
What is your budget?
Include amount and currency.
Where do you live? If in the US, do you have a nearby Microcenter?
Your country lets us know what sites you can order from. If you have a nearby Microcenter they have some great in-store only deals that you can take advantage of.
What is included in the budget?
Things like the tower, the OS, peripherals and monitors.
Will you be overclocking?
Overclocking will require different hardware than a non-overclocking build so we need to know this.
Will you be reusing any parts?
If you are reusing parts list them here.
What OS do you want?
Say which OS you want or say if you already have a copy of one.
Any specific case preferences?
Size, color, etc.
Any other special features that you want in the build?
Stuff like an SSD, large hard drive, RAID, and wifi
11/23/2014 3:39 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($67.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: *G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.77 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Tri-X Video Card ($199.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($32.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $561.69
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-23 15:38 EST-0500

You can also get Grim's build, but this one has a better upgrade route.
11/23/2014 3:29 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Dragonborn
TheGrim123321
Heres a good build.

(This is upgrade able too)

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($104.75 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus H81M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($44.49 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($57.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 280 3GB TurboDuo Video Card ($141.00 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($28.99 @ NCIX US)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($18.61 @ OutletPC)
Total: $484.59
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-23 15:36 EST-0500
11/23/2014 3:07 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
This build is horrible... You think that card is overkill? The integrated on Intel's CPU's are only a tiny bit slower? Dude, get the build that was in the other thread. This one is horrible.

80 dollars for a 5400 rpm hdd?

cheap psu... cheap case... dude seriously.
11/23/2014 3:00 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Ranger
jkdouglas
I'm not sure about the wifi thing (don't have much experience with that kind of stuff) but choose a different graphics card. Trust me you will not be satisfied with a 740 4gig. Try to get a 660 2 gig or maybe a 650 ti (or ti boost) 2 gig.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome