Project: Erea- Recruitment

Hydraheads's Avatar Hydraheads9/18/15 11:08 pm
1 emeralds 2.7k 115
10/12/2015 8:13 pm
Hydraheads's Avatar Hydraheads
Project: Erea
recruitment

Introduction
Welcome to the Project: Erea recruitment page.
If your looking for the mainpage you can find it here: project-erea-pyrotheum-games-t515883.html
Here you can apply to work with pyrotheum games to make Project: Erea.
Here is the application form, please fill it out and post it in the comments.

1:By what means can we contact you?
2:What can you contribute?
3:Are you familiar with the RPG genre?
4:Are you willing to not be a jerk?
5:What is your experience with coding/development?
6:Why are you interested in joining?

We're looking for: Spriters, Voice Actors, Anime Animators, and Coders.
Hydraheads
Level 54 : Grandmaster Necromancer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/12/2015 8:13 pm
Hydraheads
Bump.
10/10/2015 4:11 pm
Hydraheads
Honestly, we need someone wiling to sprite 32x32. It's a post-apocalyptic medieval/steampunk hybrid art style.
10/11/2015 8:03 pm
Hydraheads
^
This.
10/03/2015 10:52 am
Hydraheads
We REALLY need more people for 32x32 spriting/tiling. So if you want to join the team for that, we need your help.
10/04/2015 3:15 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
PiCubedModding
I thought potato agreed to do 32x32?
10/04/2015 6:33 pm
Hydraheads
Yeah, but just in case.
09/30/2015 6:35 pm
Level 40 : Master Mountaineer
Benny_Bobby20
Hydraheads i can possible provide a map and maybe help with building if its medieval
09/30/2015 8:01 pm
Hydraheads
(Once again, this is not a Minecraft project. XD)
09/29/2015 6:19 pm
Level 44 : Master Pixel Painter
Hebb
Can I add you on Skype? I'd like to be apart of this but not on the game coding side of things.. I'll explain

09/29/2015 6:35 pm
Hydraheads
We're all using slack to communicate, and have plenty of story/dialogue writers already. Sorry, but I thhink we're full in any noncoding departing at least for now.
09/30/2015 5:16 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
gabe4356
What about art? We don't have a lot of people in art, do we?
09/30/2015 6:01 pm
Hydraheads
Seeing as snoopin is gone, I would say a new concept art person would be nice also.
09/29/2015 6:14 pm
Hydraheads
Bump
I think now we will start to slowly post developement screenshots of concept art, some story, and gameplay element changes.
09/27/2015 12:09 pm
Hydraheads
Bump
09/26/2015 10:55 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
gabe4356
Name: Gabe
Why you wanna join: I've always wanted to make an rpg, but never got around to it, and this looks like a great project.
What you can contribute, if not support alone: I know you've got a lot of storytellers already, but that is something I COULD do, although I am currently learning C#, and I've got Unity 5. I could also do some art, but it might not be the best quality, as for animations, I can do them, but they won't turn out very well.
Any ideas: Well, maybe the combat system could be improved, although maybe that's just me not really understanding how you described it, but other than that, no.
Your experience with rpgs: I've played a lot of rpgs, like nodiatis, and final fantasy, etc, but I've never made one before, or even attempted to do so. I have done some programming in java, and C#, and I've experimented in Unity 5 quite a bit.

I've also got some friends who might be able to help with art.
09/26/2015 10:58 pm
Hydraheads
You're in, we need help with the code. Just PM me.
09/24/2015 11:10 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Surperior
Name: SniperDust
Why you wanna join: I'm looking for something to occupy my time. I've also never been part of something like this! This would be a whole new experience to me, I'll sure enjoy it!
What you can contribute, if not support alone: I am a pretty decent story teller. And I'm good at thinking of ideas!
Any ideas: Not at the moment.
Your experience with rpgs: I have played many final fantasys, and have played some open world rpg games (like Skyrim). I'm experienced with the rpg genre.
09/25/2015 9:43 am
Hydraheads
Well, we have a lot of story tellers already. But I guess one more couldn't hurt. Plus, we always need a few more people. So, if you're willing to make suggestions and what not about multiple parts of the game along with story/characters, you may join. If you are interested, PM me with your email address so I can add you to the group.
09/24/2015 9:13 pm
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
Seems ambitious, the art and sound are going to cause you problems unless you can get someone in to do those, I know those two are already giving me hell in my own project.

If you want to learn how to program with Unity (or at least be semi competent), I can recommend these two channels for tutorials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmtyQO ... KuRXz02jbQ

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyBsvs ... iBZIYXvnyg

The first channel tends to work with more technically difficult stuff, but explains it in such a way that a complete novice can understand. Admittedly I'm working on a platformer rather than an RPG, so these might not be as useful to you, but to get used to working with Unity they are very good.

Also that first channel has an excellent path finding tutorial which may come in immensely useful to you for this kind of project.

So far my favourite thing about Unity is it's so extensively documented, a complete and utter novice can pick it up. If you make the effort to learn it, then it's no problem. However art and sound I cannot give you advice on, other than animation is hell.
09/24/2015 10:10 pm
Hydraheads
Thank you for the tutorials! I can use all the coding help I can get. Actually, I have recruited some talented people who work almost exclusively on music, so that won't be a problem!

Also, this will not be possible without ambition. So that's the key drive to making this project succeed! Well, that and originality.
09/25/2015 10:18 am
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
Well if you've got sound guys you're life will be a lot easier. I just wonder where you managed to find any.

And there's nothing wrong with ambition, I'm hardly one to say it's a bad idea. If you can keep up your enthusiasm for the project you should be able to see it through.
09/26/2015 9:54 pm
Hydraheads
Let's hope it sees a release.

Also, bump.
09/24/2015 7:34 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Noveon
Name: Noveon
Why you wanna join: Really just sounds fun... and I do this many of time. I code for my job... ,but I will not code. I would need a break from coding and I would have to put yours on the backburner. So yea.
What you can contribute, if not support alone:Well I can help with your battle system. Right now from what I read, its just fire emblem with out magic.
Any ideas: besides for helping you give additions to your battle system. You don't need to get ride of it.
Your experience with rpgs I have play final fantasy from mystic quest to ff14 online and I beta tested 14online. Not only that but many square rpgs, like wild arms and th crono set ( crono trigger and crono cross)
etc.
Also I may nerd out from time to time.
09/24/2015 8:54 pm
Hydraheads
Hmm....our battle system does need revamping. But no, it's nothing like fire emblem. The OP is a bit confusing. It's more like a turn based version of megaman battle network in which you move and use an ability which has a certain "area of effect" as in length/width and various special catches, as abilities are unique. You can not move past the enemy territory, and not vice versa. Turns are determined by speed. After moving, you select what would typically be considered an RPG ability, out a large list verying by character. There will be a magic character also. Trust me, I've played fire emblem games, and I feel it's more like a final fantasy game where positioning on the battlefield matters, and not like tactics either. Although more like FF tactics than any other existing game.

If you are still interested in working on this, and contributing ideas, give me your Minecraft Forum username OR Pmc message me your email address. Either way we'll need it to add you to the group.
09/25/2015 9:44 am
Hydraheads
Also, to make sure this request doesn't get left unread I'm bumping it up to this page.
09/24/2015 6:58 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Landissure
Hm. Alright. I might be able to help later. I'll make a note.
09/24/2015 6:05 pm
Landissure
This seems like an interesting project. Do you still need a programmer?
09/24/2015 6:20 pm
Hydraheads
Yes. One who's willing to learn C#.
09/24/2015 9:14 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
09/24/2015 8:54 pm
Hydraheads
Correction. Rift of Gigalith, not gihalith.
09/24/2015 5:01 am
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
09/23/2015 4:37 pm
Hydraheads
This is still relevant. Bump.
09/21/2015 8:05 am
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
09/20/2015 9:03 pm
Hydraheads
We don't need more plot writers/musicians atm, we'r now full in those areas.(TNT covers both) Thank you!
09/20/2015 8:34 pm
RaiKask
Name: BefallInc
Forum name: TNTEnderdragon
Why you wanna join: I've always wanted to work on an RPG and yours sounds interesting
What you can contribute, if not support alone: I am a story writer and I can make characters on the fly, as well as extremely deep characters with a little time to think
Any ideas: I have a couple character ideas, mainly an antagonist
Your experience with rpgs: I play LoZ, but other than that, I understand the technical side to how they work

EDIT: Just read some posts, so I will also add that I can create music that has an RPG style, but not with real instruments. I use an online music maker that is very good quality and with which I can export files that I can send to you
09/20/2015 8:50 pm
Hydraheads
OK, you're in! Check your MCF account and post your email in the PM, you'll be added to the Slack group. We need antagonists and music.
09/20/2015 6:39 pm
Hydraheads
We've got a solid foundation now, and have already decided the engine and made some more lore.

Now, this is the new sign-up form:

Name: (PMC is fine)
Forum Username: (important)
What I can contribute:
(Positions needed: 2 Coders or people who are willing to learn to code, 1 more plot writer, 1 more spriter OR a 3D modeler, and possibly 1 more music writer)
RPGs I have played:
Why I want to join:

*Note we are planning on using unity engine

Age or gender don't matter, we are open and already have a some diversity in our members as far as these go.
09/19/2015 9:04 pm
Landissure
If you're still looking for an engine, I would recommend SFML. I've used it, and it's an easy-to-set-up system that provides a great framework.

Let me know if I can help in any way (regarding programming). I'd be ready to lend a hand when one is needed.
09/19/2015 9:17 pm
Hydraheads
Thanks, I'll add that to my list of possibilities.
09/19/2015 8:18 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Crafter
PotatoBeenCrafted
Hydraheads
PotatoBeenCrafted
HydraheadsYep, just give us your forum username if you have one.

PotatoBeenCraftedYea, it should be the same as the one I use on here.
I did ask a while ago if you meant a Minecraft Forum profile.

HydraheadsOK, I'll add you.

Okay, wouldn't Skype be a better way of contact though?

Not everyone here is comfortable with skype, a couple aren't. So we will use MCF and slack.

Okay.
09/19/2015 7:12 pm
Hydraheads
PotatoBeenCrafted
HydraheadsYep, just give us your forum username if you have one.

Not everyone here is comfortable with skype, a couple aren't. So we will use MCF and slack.
09/19/2015 6:18 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Dragon
Stoerm
Okay. If we're talking about Minecraft Forums here, grab my StoermRed account.

We should find a more accessible and easy way to converse and work.

Google Docs works pretty well.
09/19/2015 6:25 pm
Hydraheads
I'll add you to the PM. The docs should be reserved for the plot, when we get to that.
09/19/2015 6:13 pm
PotatoBeenCrafted
Question: Am I actually in this? xD
09/19/2015 6:26 pm
Hydraheads
Yep, just give us your forum username if you have one.
09/19/2015 7:04 pm
PotatoBeenCrafted

09/19/2015 6:33 pm
PotatoBeenCrafted
Yea, it should be the same as the one I use on here.
09/19/2015 6:34 pm
Hydraheads
OK, I'll add you.
09/19/2015 5:55 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Crafter
AKAJWalker
Haha k dude you posted it on planetmc so I thought it was, anyway. If you ever do need help lmk lol
09/19/2015 6:03 pm
Hydraheads
I'll keep that in mind. PMC, strangely enough, has a section for general help threads. This is where threads unrelated to MC go. Some are serious, others are just for the lolz. This is (hooefully XD) going to be serious.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome