Good FREE program to record Minecraft?

10Andrew's Avatar 10Andrew8/31/14 7:56 pm
1 emeralds 401 9
8/31/2014 9:08 pm
Hax4Ever's Avatar Hax4Ever
So I've started making minecraft videos for my youtube channel. I am still very new to making videos so my best video at the moment only has a few thousand views. I am trying to make my videos better but the problem is that they all have "bandi cam" or "fraps.com" at the top. It looks bad and makes it seem unprofessional.

I was hoping so one would be able to suggest a alternative program that is free and does not cause too much lag. Any ideas? Any are appreciated
10Andrew
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/31/2014 9:08 pm
Level 22 : Expert Artist
Hax4Ever
Bandicam is a good one.Its professional but if you are looking for both,

GOOD AND FREE?

You wont find those two without having to pay money
08/31/2014 9:06 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Artist
DuskRaine
zave 0*Whispers* Pirate something

you need to stop telling people to pirate. it sets a bad example.
08/31/2014 8:43 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Whale
quep
Try using HyperCam. It records smoothly and is the best for desktop recording. Its free too.

http://www.hyperionics.com/hc/
08/31/2014 8:58 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Narwhal
MineOut
Uh no.
08/31/2014 8:10 pm
Level 26 : Expert Toast
Cheezbergur11
Honestly, there are almost no good recorders out there that are free.
The ones that are, MOST of them, not all, either make you lag, have the watermark at the top, or have ads.

I used Bandicam once, I had 100 FPS ingame, and once I started recording it went down to about 10. No joke. Not all comps are like that, it might just be mine, but still.

I recommend Action! by Mirillis. It does cost money ($30) but if you are going to be making a lot of videos it is definitely worth it. It also has a free trial (only problem is free trial includes watermark).
https://mirillis.com/en/products/action.html

It has no watermark or ads, and doesn't hardly decrease your FPS. It does decrease, but not by a significant amount.

There MIGHT be a good, free recorder out there, but chances are it's going to be hard and a pain in the butt to find.
Course, you CAN do that if you want. I'm not trying to force you to do anything you don't want to.

EDIT: I don't know what OBS is, but you might want to look at that if you are 100% certain you don't want to pay at all.
08/31/2014 8:08 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
I have a Intel Graphics 4000. Yeah I know it's not good but all of my other hard ware is decent.

I am going to check out OBS. Hopefully that will work.
08/31/2014 8:09 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
OBS is probably your best bet. It's broadcasting software so it's not the best at recording (as in setting it up to record isn't as easy as, say ShadowPlay or FRAPS), but it doesn't have much of an impact on performance.
08/31/2014 8:01 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
ChaosExpert
How about OBS?
08/31/2014 8:01 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
What GPU do you have?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com