Good (preferrably under $500) Filming Laptops?

xPotatoFrys's Avatar xPotatoFrys1/19/15 9:06 pm
1/20/2015 8:35 am
WTFshady's Avatar WTFshady
Name's xPotatoFrys. Welcome to The Glade. (sorry just had to make a reference.) Anyways, I need help with a wee something, I believe. >-< Want to know what that 'something' is? A gaming laptop. I am planning to be a full time YouTuber. As I do have a PC I use for gaming (I wish I could call it a gaming PC...), I also want to be able to record while I'm out traveling and such! My budget is $500 dollars or less. My ideal price would probably be around 150-350, but I would save up $500 dollars for a good laptop. o3

I hope you guys could help me out with this! Have a jolly good day/afternoon/evening/night!
xPotatoFrys
Level 31 : Artisan Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

WTFshady
01/20/2015 8:35 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
You should really consider building a mITX PC if you want something portable to game and record on (I'm going to do this too). It will perform better and be upgradeable=last way longer than a laptop.
xPotatoFrys
01/20/2015 8:06 am
I suggest all of you who are going to answer, also read previous questions. I obviously stated that I had lag and also just wanted to be playing games in general. And that I would also go for a normal laptop with good specs....Read this before you comment I'm dumb. :/
Yaminia
01/19/2015 9:33 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Scribe
1. Why would you want to record gaming while not at your house?
2. You're not going to find a proper laptop that is meant for gaming. They're meant for word processing/art/carrying files, not games.
3. If you're set on it I would recommend a bigger budget, maybe 6-7 hundred instead so you can possibly fix it to have things a "regular" gaming laptop wouldn't have.
xPotatoFrys
01/19/2015 9:51 pm
To answer number 1, though, I enjoy recording in general. Also, due to the fact I love gaming so much and the laptop I have can barely even run single-player Minecraft, well, yeah, that sort of explains itself.
Scarention
01/19/2015 9:45 pm
Level 48 : Master Modder
There are plenty of laptops that are meant for gaming. (for example, Asus G-series) I owned an Asus G72GX (just died a few days ago) and with only 6GB ram, 1GB DDR3 VRAM, and a 2.00 GHz CPU, it could play GTA IV 60fps (medium/high) no problem; granted it only had a one hour battery life... but nonetheless it was only $400 second-hand.
xPotatoFrys
01/19/2015 9:46 pm
I've considered buying an Asus. But with the price it has, I'm not quite sure I can afford it. Oh well. Time and effort.
forgot about you
01/19/2015 9:39 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
1. That's an opinion.
2. False. There are a lot of laptops optimized for gaming. I know this isn't, but if my old laptop with a Pentium P6200, 2Gb of ram, and a 5400RPM hard drive can play Battlefield 3 on lowest settings at 26 FPS without overheating... I think a better laptop can.
3. Nah, if you look hard enough you can maybe find a refurbished laptop that's pretty good, or look even harder and you can find a new one.
Yaminia
01/19/2015 9:44 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Scribe
1. I was asking a legitimate question.
2. If she's recording what she's playing, she'll probably want something that has higher graphics.
3. More money = Better wiggle room. I bought myself a $200 laptop but saved $300. It's a matter of preference I suppose.
forgot about you
01/19/2015 9:52 pm
I agree with everything you said.
1. I have no clue, I just assumed you thought it was weird lol.
2. Not necessarily true, but it's better.
3. True, true.
xPotatoFrys
01/19/2015 9:37 pm
1. Is sort of a matter of opinion, there...

2. Here was where I was sort of wrong. Guess who was accidentally looked at the 'used' prices instead of the new ones?

3. As I am a beginner, I was aiming for a smaller budget. That way, if something didn't work out and suddenly I don't need a gaming laptop, I wouldn't feel like I just lost a fortune.
Killertoad
01/19/2015 9:53 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
1. Not an opinion, it's a preference, a quite...err not so smart one either. Where will you be? and how important it is it that you record?

2. I don't know so, i'm gonna leave this one alone..

3. Why don't you not get a "gaming" laptop? They are a huge waste of money, and will either die in a few months, or be outdated in around 2 years, and you can't upgrade it.
forgot about you
01/19/2015 9:56 pm
#3 is completely true, which is why I suggest a MITX build. They are better, last longer, etc etc, you already know.
If you don't want to that's fine, everyone here just wants to help
still suggesting an mitx build lol
xPotatoFrys
01/19/2015 9:54 pm
1. I clearly stated a few comments ago that it was also that I could game in general without getting lag with my laptop...

2. Me too

3. I also stated this previously, I'm also looking for normal ones with good specs.
keytastic
01/19/2015 9:29 pm
Level 1 : New Network
2 words that should never appear in the same sentence: gaming and laptop
xPotatoFrys
01/19/2015 9:43 pm
Not very helpful, but I guess you do have the right to post a sort of irrelative, sort of relative comment.
xPotatoFrys
01/19/2015 9:33 pm
*Looks at Alienware Gaming Laptop* So...It's all lies? ;-;
forgot about you
01/19/2015 9:32 pm
xPotatoFrys
01/19/2015 9:39 pm
Alienware and their expensive prices. </3

Know any normal computers with good specs?
forgot about you
01/19/2015 9:42 pm
I actually found a really good laptop on Newegg for $550 a while back, which is a definite steal for the price/performance. The only thing holding it back from being a low end "Gaming" laptop is that it has a 720p screen. But it's still good.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 14535&FM=1
Someone correct me if you can find better

Also, just questioning, are you able to make an MITX build? They can be just as portable as laptops, take up as much space, and you get a much better price/performance ratio.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome