"GTA V" on PC: How do you think R* will handle the controls?

TheLazeboy's Avatar TheLazeboy3/8/14 9:14 pm
1 emeralds 455 8
3/8/2014 9:49 pm
MamiyaOtaru's Avatar MamiyaOtaru
GTA V has some complex controls, but what I, personally, am more concerned about is how they will handle the "wheel browsers". It's obvious they would probably use the mouse for selecting, but what about opening up each wheel menu (ie the gun selection)? Would the scroll wheel be used to select maybe a knife from a baseball bat? I want to know others' input.
TheLazeboy
Level 38 : Artisan Pig

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Rawwk
03/08/2014 9:23 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Engineer
I never played GTA V yet, but watched many videos.

Pressing (Holding) Tab will open the weapon selection, then using your mouse button to scroll around and using the mouse scroll to roll through the weapons?
(Never played GTA V so I don't know how the mechanics for the weapon selection works.)
TheLazeboy
03/08/2014 9:26 pm
TAB is a good key for a wheel, but there are two different wheels that I remember: radio and gun.
PwnagePotatoPie2
03/08/2014 9:22 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Narwhal
Honestly I don't think they would release it for PC this time around, the graphics are going to require a high end computer so there wouldn't be many sales. The controls would be way complicated as well.
MamiyaOtaru
03/08/2014 9:49 pm
Level 99 : Overlord Programmer
wat

gta4 on consoles looked like gta4 on PC with the graphics turned down to a combo of medium and low. gta5 came out on the same consoles that gta4 came out on and can't be much more demanding. PCs have only become more powerful on average since then
Killertoad
03/08/2014 9:37 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
You know, more people have good enough computers, than people that don't....and it won't require a high end computer, you could play it on low, if need be. But in all honesty, it's not that resource demanding, look at BF3/4, locked at 30 FPS, on low, on xbox 360 and ps3. A lot of people play it on the PC, I mean, thousands, of people, play it, so that means a lot are playing at "playable" frames. Now, GTAV is locked at 30 FPS, while it also looks like it is on med-high settings (ground textures <<). So, it should run pretty good on PC, if that theory is right....
TheLazeboy
03/08/2014 9:28 pm
There have been, as far as I know, two leaked sources for a GTA V on PC: Amazon listing and a GTA V bug log. Let's hope it won't end up like Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag on PC with it's FPS issues.
Azie
03/08/2014 9:18 pm
She/Her • Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump Pokemon
I'm not too concerned since it's sure to have controller/game pad support and I play all my action games with a game pad because mouse and keyboard is often so clunky.
TheLazeboy
03/08/2014 9:31 pm
I never use controllers unless the game I'm playing is so terrible on keyboard and mouse. I really enjoy using mouse and keyboard, much better than using my PS3 controller on action games.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome