Halo 4 Discussion.

Zemor's Avatar Zemor10/25/12 10:48 am
11/19/2012 4:45 pm
Zemor's Avatar Zemor
Hello there. This is a place where you can discuss things about the upcoming game Halo 4, but you can't necessarily post everything about it. Below I will list some things you can discuss.

Things you can talk about:

Forge Mode
Expectations
New weapons
Complaints (to an extent, no flaming)
New game modes
Pretty much anything that doesn't spoil things.

Things you cannot do/talk about

Things that spoil the game (If you do decide to do this, at least put it in a spoiler)
Talk about other games
Don't troll other users. Please respect others opinions.

I am aware of the major leak of the game, and those who post links such as ending videos, or links to the game download, will be reported.
Zemor
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/19/2012 2:26 pm
Level 49 : Master Pixel Puncher
Beast
Right now I'm trying to get the Venator helmet. It looks awesome, but you need the Assassination - Master commendation which is like 100 assassinations, so far I have 25.
11/19/2012 4:45 pm
Zemor
I'm still a little shamed to admit it, but some friends and I boosted assassinations in Regicide yesterday, just so we could get closer to the Venator helmet.
11/19/2012 2:20 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Toast
Wazulu
Oh man the SAW, literally the close quarter dominator. So damn accurate and such high fire rate. It has enough range to beat the shotgun and melee, better all round than the assault rifle and storm. Also, for assists /kill steals (FFA) it really is unbeatable
11/19/2012 1:48 pm
Level 49 : Master Pixel Puncher
Beast
I love Halo 4, and I've loved the other Halos. I'm already level 28 in War Games, I love doing Oddball and Infinity slayer. Using the Sticky Detonator and SAW gun is so much fun. I love mowing people down with the SAW. I use the Boltshot as my secondary too, it's really usefull if your shooting at some and they go around the corner, you just charge it up and turn the corner. One time I took out a guy around a corner that had an Energy Sword with the Boltshot.
11/19/2012 12:40 pm
Wazulu
Zemor
The boltshot has actually proved very useful to me. It's good when you're in close quarters, as you can charge it and it is practically a one-shot kill.

Yeah, that is pretty damn useful, the only problem being the knights will just tp out or shield before you can get 'em. That reminds me, anybody else think knights are just horrible to fight? A great enemy to put into the game, though.
11/18/2012 10:53 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
jayjay0101
I Got The Legendary Edition, Not Worth A Single Extra Cent It Just Came WIth Damn Blueprints On Spartan Armor And Some Codes For Map Packs
11/18/2012 10:57 pm
Zemor
There was no Legendary Edition for Halo 4. I suppose you mean limited edition?

Even so, Limited Edition still came with the Forward Unto Dawn miniseries, upon other things.
11/18/2012 10:48 pm
Zemor
Wazulu
skylord_triferI really love halo 4, it has a pretty good campaign and i love the multiplayer, the only thing i dont like is the new plasma pistol, but hey it is something i need to get used to!

New Pistol? you mean the boltshot? Its not very powerful and has a slower fire rate than the magnum, so I only use it if I'm all outta ammo.

The boltshot has actually proved very useful to me. It's good when you're in close quarters, as you can charge it and it is practically a one-shot kill.
11/18/2012 7:25 am
Level 42 : Master Skinner
skylord_trifer
I really love halo 4, it has a pretty good campaign and i love the multiplayer, the only thing i dont like is the new plasma pistol, but hey it is something i need to get used to!
11/18/2012 7:30 am
Wazulu
New Pistol? you mean the boltshot? Its not very powerful and has a slower fire rate than the magnum, so I only use it if I'm all outta ammo.

But on another note, the Plasma Pistol has a little less charge than usual (from the previous game).

Oh, the thing that really annoys me sometimes is gun despawning. It's Okay on normal or heroic, but on legendary I can just rage over it. basically Guns just despawn if you travel a certain distance past them. This is kinda annoying if you are stockpiling guns for a hard mission or going for a flawless cowboy.
11/18/2012 7:30 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc771545
[deleted]
11/18/2012 7:31 am
Wazulu
haha, since the first halo, actually. If it hadnt been, I wouldnt have made it through the campaign
11/18/2012 7:34 am
anonpmc771545
[deleted]
11/18/2012 7:23 am
Level 20 : Expert Warrior
ImNotToasted
I hate that they have classes and you unlock weapons
11/18/2012 7:20 am
Wazulu
lol damn Zemor Im only 24.... The Campaign was good, was sorta down the lines I expected. The Mantis isn't that OP, unless it has a really good rush team behind it. Pretty much the team that wins on Ragnarok secures the laser at the start and then nails the opposing banshee and Mantis.
11/17/2012 11:14 pm
Zemor
Bump because this is my thread and I can. Why did you guys stop posting?

Anyway, I'm currently level 44 and having a blast.
10/27/2012 6:31 pm
Wazulu
Wait I must be under a rock- what's a reclaimer???

I took it as Humans, more specifically Chief, as thats what the lore says they are:

Forerunners are/were Humans with pumped up tech. Something happened (which I imagine the new series will indulge us with) to make them 'disappear' or become Human.
10/27/2012 6:51 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Architect
Trigonometry
Halo 4 marks the return of the Master Chief, John-117, as a playable protagonist for the first time since 2007's Halo 3.Having been lost in space since the finale of Halo 3, Master Chief and Cortana, adrift aboard the wreckage of the UNSC frigate Forward Unto Dawn, find themselves near a mysterious Forerunner planet. A key plot point will involve changes to Cortana and how her exposure to Halo and her operation beyond her natural lifespan may have contributed to her becoming "rampant", a mental state of aged AIs akin to insanity, and which normally results in the 'death' of the AI.The campaign will mainly take place on the artificial forerunner planet of Requiem.

The story of Halo 4 will be focused less on the Halo series' traditional straightforward first-person shooter genre, instead relying more on mystery, exploration and discovery.Developers described the game as being grand in scope and scale. Forerunner elements will be featured extensively in the game's environment. Developers also suggested that the game will reveal how humanity and the UNSC have adapted to the galaxy after the end of their war with the Covenant, particularly how they have co-opted Forerunner technology.

Unlike the original trilogy, the story has been designed to be part of a three-game arc from the beginning. In addition, developer 343 Industries is aiming for "a more complete connectivity between all of their future media than before", and the Forerunner Saga novel Halo: Primordium, the post-war novel Halo: Glasslands, and the terminals in Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, will "definitely" have "resonant connections" to Halo 4's story. Little information has been released regarding the trilogy storyline, but developers have claimed that Halo 5 will be a much darker title before the conflict is resolved in Halo 6.
-Wikipedia of Halo 4
10/27/2012 6:20 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Architect
Trigonometry
I like how Halo is exclusively for Xbox it adds another level of intesity to it because other consoles can't allow it. Anyway I pre-ordered it the first day it was available I love the Halo franchise and saw some trailers from 343 Industries and I must say I was amazed with the latest trairler. I am have not seen the spoilers because honestly I like the surprise of playing it for the first time. My cousin and I are already planning builds for our clan and working out stratgies in Halo Reach. You may say I am a Halo Fanboy but I play CoD as well. Not sure what to think of the Reclaimers. I like a certain one that 343 gave a sneek peek of. Love that the battle rifle is coming back. This also turned out to be a paragraph.
10/27/2012 6:15 pm
Wazulu
imma thinking it will sorta play out as firstly humans vs Cov vs Prometheans and then will slowly warp into humans vs Chief/cortana vs Cov vs Prometheans. I imagine at least one faction will be completely annihilated, hell the Infinity may go down Pillar of Autumn style and take the planet with it. Although it is more likely the covenant will get destroyed.

Hmm as for plot points I predict the Prometheans may have some solution to Cortana's rampancy (
Click to reveal
She is forerunner tech after all
) and while the chief chooses to find this solution at all cost the UNSC want to destroy her before she goes crazy.

What I think would be really cool is if in the second (Halo 5) game of this series features prometheanised Elites and the covenant as a whole - Imagine a Hunter + a Knight, that would be a huge pain to fight.
10/27/2012 4:54 pm
Zemor
For me, I'd have to go with campaign and Spartan Ops in a close second. Now now, if they took armor abilities out of matchmaking, that would be number one.

I'm really interested to see how the story plays out.
10/26/2012 10:26 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Engineer
JamieS1211
I cant wait for the forge i done tonnes of forge and it looks like my dreams are coming true
10/26/2012 10:21 pm
Wazulu
Yeah sorry about this.....

So, What do we think of the Prometheans- I'm thinking they are some kind of Forerunner corpse reanimated as a weapon

Hmm my favourite part? has to be the campaign for me
10/26/2012 10:16 pm
Zemor
Yes, please get back on topic.

What is going to be your favorite part of Halo 4?
10/26/2012 10:14 pm
Wazulu
I agree Halo is superior, partially because I feel more effort is put into it compared to it's COD counterpart. speaking to many COD hardcore players (those who despise Halo) it appears that they don't like it due to the huge gap in playstyle between the 2 games: the idea of it taking more than a couple pulls of a trigger to kill someone is alien to them, and the negative connotation to shields, aliens, spaceships etc is a cultural link to a desire of gamers to be taken seriously.

Basically the increased alienation of great games such as Halo and especially titles like Bayonetta is forcing a narrowing in the game market, hence the huge majority of FPSs and 'gimmic shooters'.

Then again, every COD player is full entitled to their opinon, I just find it slightly ignorant to denounce hard work because It isn't the same as COD. This is NOT the beginning of a flame war, and can we get back on topic please ?
10/26/2012 10:03 pm
Zemor
I also really like the "Mantis Stomp". And yeah, it's weakness is its back. On a video demonstration you could play a grenade in the back.

I'm playing halo 3 now, talk to you all later.
10/26/2012 9:59 pm
sethgilmore+-+
Anyone think of doing this... i dont know..... IGN maybe, somewhere where talking about things Not about MineCRaft is appropriate? i know you can, but seriously! I mean, you could decide to tkae up space somewhere else. And yes, i know of the "Other" section or whatever its called.
10/26/2012 10:05 pm
Wazulu
go to blogs, look at 'Articles'. See how many are just recruiting letters. Come back with a real idea of 'wasted space'.

Also, this is pretty good for a non-Minecraft thread, and of course it's appropriate, PMC isn't some zealot MC cult (i hope )
10/26/2012 10:09 pm
sethgilmore+-+
Ok, i get your point, and yes it is a good thread. But the recruting letters accually have something to do with MC...... and its PMC (planet "minecraft") its in da name bro. its not Planet Halo
-im done here
10/26/2012 9:52 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
tafdsga1
It's gonna be amazing The Mantis looks really cool and if you want to watch: Halo Forward Unto Dawn is pretty great if you want a Halo fix before it comes out
10/26/2012 9:50 pm
Zemor
Don't even get me started on the Mantis. It looks a tad bit overpowered, but hey, I'm going to be running right for that babe every game.
10/26/2012 9:55 pm
Wazulu
Lol when i first saw a picture of it the only thought i had was 'How the hell am i supposed to Hijack that?' I really hope it has a slow turning speed, and the use of certain armour abilites will bring out it's weaknesses- perhaps it's weak from behind? Flank time
10/26/2012 9:49 pm
Level 44 : Master Enderdragon
l_Pro_Assassin
Hopefully Halo 4 is amazing and puts all of those COD fanboys to shame.
10/26/2012 10:06 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
LickTheLizard
Hopefully? It will.

Even Halo Wars was better than any COD game. Hey, I own Blops and Mw3, and they are good, but Halo is simply superior.
10/26/2012 9:48 pm
Wazulu
anyway, onto Halo 4, what do we all think of these Mechs? Huge targets, but I can really see some spawn camping involving these things. Also the idea is cool in itself.

Oh yeah, second Halo 4 point- There are more and more 'power' weapons, and until I get hands on the game I won't be sure of the balance of them- such as Shotgun beats Hammer which beats sword in Halo 3
10/26/2012 9:47 pm
l_Pro_Assassin
ZemorI never really played too much firefight, just got kind of boring to me. Hopefully Spartan Ops in Halo 4 will be satisfying enough after I complete the campaign.

Me too, all of my friends absolutely loved playing firefight, they would always ask me to play with them but I would always decline their offer, I found it boring, redundant and just overall a waste of time. Online and campaign was my favourite.
10/26/2012 9:46 pm
PhD
Funny thing is I just made a Master Chief skin thinking of Halo 4!
10/26/2012 9:42 pm
Zemor
I never really played too much firefight, just got kind of boring to me. Hopefully Spartan Ops in Halo 4 will be satisfying enough after I complete the campaign.

While I did love Reach, just remember that this thread is about Halo 4. I not saying you can't talk about other halo games, but at least try not to shift the whole topic.
10/26/2012 9:41 pm
Level 23 : Expert Explorer
Dread-Legion
I'm really looking forward to the new graphics engine and how they expanded upon the story line, and Master Chiefs background. Also, an evil Cortana would be epic
10/26/2012 9:40 pm
LickTheLizard
ODST was considered a shame to the series for some reason. : P It was sort of subpar for a Halo game, I admit.

Reach was good for me because of the overall feel.

That opening screen music.
Those epic character deaths.
That dreadful feeling when your team has to escape and you are left on a planet full of enemies. The horde of brutish monsters soon overcome you, leaving you to fall to the ground with your rifle blazing.

But wait, you aren't out just yet!

That feel when punching an elite off of you in your last futile attempt to take as many as the bastards out you can before they rip you apart.

The entire game feels.. Noble. From the squad name, to the AMAZING soundtrack, to the memorable characters. It never stops making me feel.
10/26/2012 9:30 pm
l_Pro_Assassin
Oh man, I am so getting this game for my new computer, and I don't know why, but for me ODST was my favourite, I just had more fun playing it than the others but hell, what do I know?
10/26/2012 9:36 pm
Wazulu
I loved ODST, I'm not sure why so many hated it. I'd say I was a pretty hardcore Halo fan, and I loved it for it's pacing, mood, and the story was top notch:

I really cared when squad members died, especially when Emil was stabbed, and for the game to do that within a single plotline was really impressive.

Also ODST rewarded the explorer players- playing through on legendary required you to know what routes where safe, where the mongoose and rocket launcher stashes were etc. Also you were a complete weakling in comparison, which I liked the change of
10/26/2012 9:43 pm
l_Pro_Assassin
This, this is exactly how I felt when playing the first playthrough of ODST.
10/26/2012 9:29 pm
Wazulu
yeah they may be a cool enemy, but I'm going to have to make a whole new formula to killing them on legendary. I'll be damned if I don't do Halo 4 Solo Legendary, as it would be the only one in which I haven't (I don't count Halo Wars, right?)

lol Zemor posted before I did this so....

I liked firefight, but it wasn't deep enough- However, if you give me ODST Firefight back, I would love it. The sense that anything could kill you nigh on instantly in the Vidmaster Endure challenge was so fun.

aww Halo 2, I loved that scarab moment in New Mombasa.

Just remembered there isn't going to be Johnson in this game,
10/26/2012 9:25 pm
Zemor
Firefight is getting scrapped to make way for Spartan Ops. Hell, it's already going to be shipped on two discs.

IMO, Reach was behind halo 2 and halo 3 for best game in the series. Halo 3 was perfect to me.
10/26/2012 9:22 pm
LickTheLizard
Halo is the dominant FPS. It has the most playback value, the best campaign that actually makes sense, the smartest enemy AI, the best graphics.

It feels AMAZING to see another Halo fan for once. (:

My expectations? Nothing short of a 9.8/10 game.

Is Firefight making a return? I think I heard it was nerfed for the new Spartan Ops mode. I really enjoy wave-based combat, but I know I will love Spartan Ops all the same.

I think Forge was pretty much perfected in Reach. I actually thought that Reach was kind of the best in the series.

PROMETHEAAAANS! They seem like a nice alternate to fighting the elites, jackals and grunts that we all love to kill. Their flame shotguns look really cool, too.
10/26/2012 9:09 pm
Externidy
So where did you guys pre-order from. I pre-ordered from MicrosoftStore. The pulse skin looks too badass.
10/26/2012 9:06 pm
Wazulu
Hmm i really want the return of the Katana, I miss having that thing strapped to my back

Also, I'll probably miss the legendary edition, mostly due to the fact it probably isn't worth it. Who else wants a different Customisation System? I don't mind 'buying' things, but I loved reward armour pieces
10/26/2012 9:04 pm
Zemor
Wish I could afford Legendary edition, haha.
10/26/2012 9:03 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
ricardomilosbigfan
Preordered Legendary Edition because it comes out 3 days after my birthday. <3
But in Wal-Mart's description it says in the Legendary Edition the skin doesn't come with it? The hell? I really hope they just haven't updated their description, and you actually DO get it. Of course, then there's the (pretty much true) rumor that you'll be able to unlock all the skins in-game. But oh well.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome