Issue with laptop fan

Enderman Army's Avatar Enderman Army2/19/14 9:44 am
1 emeralds 252 5
2/19/2014 10:46 am
Aethroz's Avatar Aethroz
Hi,
The Toshiba I'm using has a fan issue where sometimes, it will stop and then start running again. Is it normal for a laptop fan to stop randomly?
Enderman Army
Level 8 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/19/2014 10:46 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
HunterDominic
Toshiba? Thats ranked as the worst laptop brand. http://blog.laptopmag.com/best-worst-no ... nds-2013/3
02/19/2014 10:41 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
MrFlyBird
When my laptop had similar issues I opened it up (if you can) and blew the dust from the fan, Then it ran smoothly
02/19/2014 10:28 am
Level 81 : Elite Witch
Crescendo
Enderman ArmyHi,
The Toshiba I'm using has a fan issue where sometimes, it will stop and then start running again. Is it normal for a laptop fan to stop randomly?

How old is your computer?
02/19/2014 10:16 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Vizrtri
Your computer sounds like it's overheating. Try checking the back or the side where the vents are, it might be getting clogged up with dust and check the fan for dust, you will need to take the side off your computer to do this.
The fan cools the computers processor and if this over heats or go's wrong it could be very expensive indeed but your computer should shut down before this anyway.
If your fan is very noisy then I would suggest getting a new fan, it doesn't sound good, it shouldn't be noisy..
02/19/2014 10:46 am
Level 25 : Expert Cowboy
Aethroz
DO NOT TAKE OFF THE SIDE OF YOUR LAPTOP UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!

That is dangerous to your computer and will most likely void your warranty.
First buy a can of compressed air(or have a parent do it if you are under 18). Clean out everything you can with it.

Also, include all the information about your compter:
Make/Model
Anything else you think might be important
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome