Just a little letter to Apple

SeamsRock's Avatar SeamsRock10/8/12 12:50 am
1 emeralds 269 5
10/8/2012 1:20 am
Vrezh's Avatar Vrezh
Simply put, how dare you think it's alright to require anyone to have to constantly pay for updates that you can't run programs without. I recently got an iPhone 4s (because in my honest opinion, the iPhone 5 isn't anything different and doesn't justify me paying more for it, but that's another story) and, at first, everything was fine. I got my music on iTunes and my apps working, and for the couple of weeks I have had it, everything was fine. But then I started getting windows popping up every time I connected my phone to iTunes. It would say the sync couldn't start. Since I couldn't find any help on your site, I looked up user support. They recommended resetting it, resetting the backup because the backup could be corrupt. But then I found out that my iTunes was out of date. So I tried installing the new one, but was told that 10.6.8 was the current iTunes. So I looked up more information and found out that to get iTunes 10.7 or further on, I needed Mac OS X Mountain Lion. But, as you thieving s***heads working there know, I can't just download the software despite already having a previous version of it. No. I have to buy it. Which is at the very least, a d**k move. Oh, and to top it all off, when I decided to buy Mountain Lion against my better judgement (I need my iPhone on me at all times, and like to have my music and apps on it. Otherwise what would be the point of getting one?), but, of course as you guys are apparently so good at doing, you f***ed me over again, and my iMac is not compatible with Mountain Lion. So now, I will have to buy an entirely new iMac system for the couple thousand dollars which they are so notorious for costing. Just for the purpose of getting my music on my iPhone. I'll give you guys credit. You are master business men and women. You really know how to steal from people without getting caught. I applaud your ability to deceive the public. I just wanted to give you a little insight on how to maybe appeal to your customers more, instead of treating them like ATM machines (which now that I think of it, you probably respect those more than you would the people so generously lining your pockets with the money you steal from them). Perhaps you could at the least keep creating updates that will give you the required software to run basic stuff like iTunes, but not give them any of the added programs and settings that are included in updates like Mountain Lion. I don't know, Just a thought. I doubt you'll consider it because that would mean you'd lose money, right? I forgot that was what's most important. But I just wanted you to know that I am never getting a Mac computer ever again. I'll be switching to PC. (You know that $2000 iMac you're selling? Well, I found something at least 4 times better, and it's not even $1000). I just hope you guys are happy with yourselves. Which you probably are.

Oh, and because of this whole mess, I lost the photos of me with my cousin who I haven't gotten to see for 10 years, and probably won't be seeing for another couple of years. So thanks for that. Good job guys.

Side note: The only reason I got an iPhone is because my mother got it for me. I personally wanted the Galaxy S3 because it's a lot better than any of your iPhone products (their commercial where Apple customers are waiting in line for the 5 and those guys with the S3 show up and use the features the iPhone doesn't have is personally one of my favorite commercials. You know which one, right?) And my mom has also had the same software problem. Luckily, my aunt sent her copy of OS X 6 to her so she could update. But, unfortunately she still has to buy Mountain Lion, but only having to buy 1 of 2 is a small victory in itself. But I guess that's all the concern I had. I apologize for the implied language, but I feel it makes my point a lot... stronger, I guess is the word. Thank you for reading this, I look forward to doing business with yo... oh, I'm sorry, I meant Microsoft, not you. I look forward to working with Mr. Gates, that's right. Anyways, have a nice day.

Oh, and I'll be posting this letter everywhere I can online. With luck, maybe it'll open up peoples' eyes to what you're really doing and promote a change in a better direction. For everyone.
SeamsRock
Level 1 : New Crafter