Looking For A 250$ Computer

MrUnknownMan's Avatar MrUnknownMan5/15/16 8:38 am
1 emeralds 1.1k 31
5/17/2016 12:13 pm
simonh2000's Avatar simonh2000
I Need A Computer That Runs Minecraft 120 Fps And Can Run Shaders Also Along With A Keyboard Gaming Mouse And Ill Buy My Speakers Also 780p Monitor! Thank You I Hope You Are Able To Like Fit The 250$ In Such A High Quality Thing......I Hope You Have A Great Day

EDIT: Since People Think That This Isnt Possible With 120 Fps......I Will Make The Budget Higher To 410$ So Whats That Gonna Do???
MrUnknownMan
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/17/2016 11:46 am
Level 22 : Expert Network
jayman340
I LOOKED AT THIS THREAD BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A LOT OF MONEY
WANT TO KNOW WHAT I DO HAVE A LOT OF?
DEAD BRAIN CELLS BECAUSE THIS MAKES NO SENSE TO ME.
I don't know if all caps are allowed so sorry.
05/17/2016 11:43 am
Level 39 : Artisan Ranger
ManiacMost
I bought my gaming pc for $1,200 and I only have a GT 650 card that runs Minecraft at around 90 FPS. It runs BF4 at about 40. Keep in mind that the price above is only for the PC tower itself and doesn't include the monitor I bought.
05/17/2016 11:59 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
BananaInCharge
What did you manage to spend $1200 on if you only have a GTX 650?
Are you running something like a 5930k with 32GB of RAM and then had no money left over so had to use a 650??

Seriously what the heck was your budgeting plan there?
05/17/2016 11:40 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
tobbestark
Dude, if you want to get 120fps with shaders I won't recommend you aiming that low. Mine cost about $910 and I get around 27fps with SEUS-standard. I think for $250 you won't even get 120fps without shaders, or even on the lowest settings. My advice if you have a low income is not to buy a whole new computer. If you already have a computer and want a better, you can just upgrade it in stages. Say if you have $100 income per month, you can firstly buy a new motherboard and put it in your computer, and the next month you can buy a new PSU and change it. That way you won't have to save up everything at once. Just make sure what you're doing so you don't mess up your computer.
05/17/2016 11:31 am
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Myra_
Lol. My cell phone was more than $250.
And honestly, I can't even find a decent writing laptop at a budget of $410. My PC was ~$1200, all things considered, and it can hardly even run shaders smoothly.
05/17/2016 11:15 am
Level 32 : Artisan Cake
dr_Cheesecake
This is so funny considering that it all started with someone who wanted to buy a computer ...
05/15/2016 12:51 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
Sergeant SarcasmAnd, not to mention, I never said I know how to build PCs or anything like that

Are you not the person who just criticized my part list?

I don't feel like it's worth my time to go back and quote it, but didn't you say something along the lines of "You called us retards but thats the part list you came up with?"
You are such a hypocrite that it's not even funny anymore.

And if you don't know how to build PCs or anything like that, then why are you even on this thread in the first place? You claim I'm the one off topic, but if you don't even know what you're talking about, then you're more of a hypocrite than I originally mentioned.

I have better things to do with my time (working in an actual PC shop instead of going around PMC waving my false PC knowledge everywhere) than arguing with a kid who is essentially trying to say I'm wrong when I'm the only one who's actually trying to help the OP instead of pushing on a stupid argument has gone way further than it had needed to go, especially when the OP has made it clear that he has little-to-no interest in coming back to the thread?
05/15/2016 12:43 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Lumberjack
Sergeant Sarcasm
Woodilicious
BananaInCharge
Scrapyard Wars is not an accurate representation of what the average consumer can achieve.

Are you serious? Craigslist is literally made for the average consumer. And if there aren't any good deals at the time, go back to Craigslist a week later, and the computer section will be completely filled with new deals.

BananaInCharge
It highly depends on what is available as well as the person being at least a suitable age to be negotiating with people and able to drive places.

If deals aren't good a specific time, come back a week later. Boom, new deals.
And if a person isn't a suitable age to be negotiating with people and able to drive places, then what are the odds of their parents letting them buy something suggested by random people on the internet?

BananaInCharge
LinusTechTips isn't some kind of Bible for the average PC consumer.

I never said it was. I simply used LTT as an example of it being completely possible to build a PC with a low budget.

Sergeant Sarcasm
You said playable framerate, and possibly without shaders. Nobody here is "literally retarded" because we were all talking about building a PC that meets his standards.

He's shooting for 720p. For all we know, the PC I listed will be enough for that. There's probably no chance of it reaching 120fps, but as long as it beats the refresh rate of the monitor, it won't matter.
When a person lists non-realistic standards, isn't it better to give them real information instead of just saying "not gonna work, nope, not gonna help you, come back when you get a bigger budget"? Because that's what you were both doing. You simply just told him to get lost and come back when his expectations are higher. I actually provided a list of parts and suggestions.

Sergeant Sarcasm
Let me know when you can build a PC for $250 that can run MC at 120 FPS with shaders.

Let me know when you understand the concept of being able to buy second-hand things on Craigslist for dirt cheap. Also let me know when you can stop being salty when people call you out on your ignorance of simple logic.

Sergeant Sarcasm
So, next time you go and start hating on people for actually staying on topic, please reconsider because right now you look like a total... well, for lack of better words that I can use, jerk. I never said you couldn't build a gaming PC for $250, I said you couldn't build one that would run MC at 120 FPS with shaders.

Where am I hating? You're the ones saying that it's not possible to build a PC for his budget. I called you out on being wrong in that sense. Nowhere in your post did you imply that it was possible to build a PC with his budget. You were not on topic at all, because you both simply said that it was not possible. Also, there's no need to be a SJW and censor yourself and act like "jerk" is a bad word. I know that isn't really a relevant matter, but it is what it is.

Sergeant SarcasmPlus, I don't understand why you got so heated seeing people say that $250 is not a high enough budget for what he needs. It's silly, and petty. Save your anger for something that's worth it.

I'm not heated at the budget. I'm heated about the new PMC PC Group that has come out of the darkness since the actual group of people who knew what we were talking about left, who are going around acting like they know everything about computers and believe that if there's not an easy solution, there is no solution at all. You guys said it was not possible, which I'm not disagreeing with. But you're acting like you were staying on topic when you simply said that it wasnt possible without providing any other suggestions as to what the OP could do.
What you guys did was like walking into a car dealership and saying "I have $25,000 in my pocket, I want a C7 Corvette" and the dealers saying "No" and walking away from you. I swear, the new PC Junkie group of PMC is a group of SJW Nazis who refuse to accept anything other than what they believe in.

LOOOOOOL OKAY YOU'RE NOT HEATED YET YOU CALL US LITERAL RETARDS?
You seriously need to chill man, because you're the only one acting like you know everything about computers. And honestly, you're the only one who is refusing to accept anything other than what you believe in. Quit acting like you're some shining knight that's the savior of PMC and the king of PC building, because clearly you're not. Maybe you should come back to me when you can just simply act civil, because right now throwing around phrases like "retard" and "SJW Nazis" is just petty. And, for the record, I'm not saying we should keep it "PC" because that's silly, I'm saying that for a proper discussion you should leave out phrases like that because really you're just making yourself look like an immature child that feels the need to flex his ePeen. If you can argue and make a point without calling others names, great. Come back to me when you can do that. And, not to mention, I never said I know how to build PCs or anything like that, I'm just saying you're not as great and almighty as you think you are. Your elitist mentality needs to be dropped.

Also, quit throwing around "SJW" because nobody here is an SJW. I never acted like "jerk" was a bad word, I said it was a better word than one that I could use in that sentence that I'm refraining from using because I'd rather not get an infraction.
Lay off, for real
05/15/2016 12:33 pm
Woodilicious
BananaInCharge
Scrapyard Wars is not an accurate representation of what the average consumer can achieve.

Are you serious? Craigslist is literally made for the average consumer. And if there aren't any good deals at the time, go back to Craigslist a week later, and the computer section will be completely filled with new deals.

BananaInCharge
It highly depends on what is available as well as the person being at least a suitable age to be negotiating with people and able to drive places.

If deals aren't good a specific time, come back a week later. Boom, new deals.
And if a person isn't a suitable age to be negotiating with people and able to drive places, then what are the odds of their parents letting them buy something suggested by random people on the internet?

BananaInCharge

I never said it was. I simply used LTT as an example of it being completely possible to build a PC with a low budget.

Sergeant Sarcasm
You said playable framerate, and possibly without shaders. Nobody here is "literally retarded" because we were all talking about building a PC that meets his standards.

He's shooting for 720p. For all we know, the PC I listed will be enough for that. There's probably no chance of it reaching 120fps, but as long as it beats the refresh rate of the monitor, it won't matter.
When a person lists non-realistic standards, isn't it better to give them real information instead of just saying "not gonna work, nope, not gonna help you, come back when you get a bigger budget"? Because that's what you were both doing. You simply just told him to get lost and come back when his expectations are higher. I actually provided a list of parts and suggestions.

Sergeant Sarcasm
Let me know when you can build a PC for $250 that can run MC at 120 FPS with shaders.

Let me know when you understand the concept of being able to buy second-hand things on Craigslist for dirt cheap. Also let me know when you can stop being salty when people call you out on your ignorance of simple logic.

Sergeant Sarcasm
So, next time you go and start hating on people for actually staying on topic, please reconsider because right now you look like a total... well, for lack of better words that I can use, jerk. I never said you couldn't build a gaming PC for $250, I said you couldn't build one that would run MC at 120 FPS with shaders.

Where am I hating? You're the ones saying that it's not possible to build a PC for his budget. I called you out on being wrong in that sense. Nowhere in your post did you imply that it was possible to build a PC with his budget. You were not on topic at all, because you both simply said that it was not possible. Also, there's no need to be a SJW and censor yourself and act like "jerk" is a bad word. I know that isn't really a relevant matter, but it is what it is.

Sergeant SarcasmPlus, I don't understand why you got so heated seeing people say that $250 is not a high enough budget for what he needs. It's silly, and petty. Save your anger for something that's worth it.

I'm not heated at the budget. I'm heated about the new PMC PC Group that has come out of the darkness since the actual group of people who knew what we were talking about left, who are going around acting like they know everything about computers and believe that if there's not an easy solution, there is no solution at all. You guys said it was not possible, which I'm not disagreeing with. But you're acting like you were staying on topic when you simply said that it wasnt possible without providing any other suggestions as to what the OP could do.
What you guys did was like walking into a car dealership and saying "I have $25,000 in my pocket, I want a C7 Corvette" and the dealers saying "No" and walking away from you. I swear, the new PC Junkie group of PMC is a group of SJW Nazis who refuse to accept anything other than what they believe in.
05/15/2016 12:23 pm
BananaInCharge
If you're going with an APU then you shouldn't be skimping out on RAM ^^^

High speed RAM is important when using an APU, as well as the actual quantity of it. 4GB will not be ideal when gaming using an APU.

All you've done in your build is sacrifice a massive amount of HDD space, just to attempt to use an APU.
05/15/2016 12:41 pm
Woodilicious
Quantity of RAM has no effect on APU speed. Speed does make a difference, but if you've checked actual benchmarks instead of spewing random things online, you'd see that speed of ram does not have a night/day difference on APU performance. Maybe 3/5fps, but if you're really looking for those 3/5fps, then consider re-organizing your life priorities.

And would you like to try to make a better build? Hard drive upgrades and ram upgrades are the cheapest things you can make on your computer. With a budget of $250, you're going to upgrade shortly in the future or you're going to suffer large performance hits. Why not deal with the small amount of hard drive space and ram for a few weeks while you save up $50 to slap a few more sticks of ram and a new drive in it in the future?

The way you're looking at this is to equally distribute the budget through the whole PC so in a few weeks when the thing shits itself, you have to upgrade the whole thing, whereas I'm looking at it in a sense of putting the budget into the things that can't be stack-upgraded. If you dont have enough ram, just put a new stick in and you dont even have to take out the current one. If you dont have enough storage, just put a new drive in without dropping the current one. If your GPU isnt strong enough, just put in one in the future. You wont even have to take out the current one (because it's part of the APU).
05/15/2016 12:14 pm
Woodilicious
Okay, I may have been a little off with my previous statement.
$250 was quite a tough budget. But I threw together a list that will easily be able to run Minecraft, especially at 720p like you said you were shooting for.

The only downside to it, as BananaInCharge said, is that there is no OS. But there are methods to getting Windows on a computer that do not necessarily involve in paying for it. (You could run it in un-activated mode for Windows 8.1, which is the exact same as an activated version, except you cant customize your Windows profile on it. It is 100% legal, for those concerned)

It goes about $10 over your budget after rebates, but you can save a bit of money if you salvage a hard drive from a previous computer.

Also, with the tightness of your budget, I figured that a case would just be wasting the budget. Honestly, you could probably get-by with filling the motherboard box with heavy things, and just screwing the motherboard down into the top of the motherboard box, then punch some holes in another box, and throw it over the PC to keep it enclosed.
Down the line you can get a real case (you can probably get some for free on Craigslist tbh), and put your system in there. But when you're working with a $250 budget, a case is one of the last things you need to worry about spending money on. Just be creative/careful with what you do around your PC if it's not enclosed.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD A10-7890K 4.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A78M-HD2 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($36.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($12.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 80GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($17.50 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($27.98 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Rosewill RK-201 Wired Standard Keyboard ($7.89 @ OutletPC)
Mouse: Rosewill RM-C2P Wired Optical Mouse ($4.88 @ OutletPC)
Total: $258.21
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-15 12:00 EDT-0400

As Alex said though, I'd advise saving up more money before buying a PC. $250 is really not a lot to work with, and most of the hardware cannot be easily upgraded in the future, since they're all last-gen (or in some cases the year-before gen), and there's basically no upgrade path on anything.
The hard drive is also a "bit" small, but you can also pick up larger drives on Craigslist for dirt cheap.
(If you're willing to tell us your general location, and you're old enough to drive yourself places to pick up hardware, and you dont mind using old hardware, Craigslist is a much better option for buying a low-budget PC, and you will likely be able to get a much better PC)
05/15/2016 12:30 pm
Sergeant Sarcasm
Alright, you call us literal retards and this is what you come up with?
05/15/2016 12:45 pm
Woodilicious
>Still not seeing your part list

Also, let's take a moment to acknowledge that the OP hasnt come back to this thread since the original post. He clearly has no intention to actually take our advice. Let's call it a day, stop arguing, and accept the fact that he's wasted all of our time.
05/15/2016 1:02 pm
Sergeant Sarcasm
If you actually read everything you'd see that I never claimed to know how to build PCs. And yes, agreed, let's stop arguing, but you really need to realize some things. Drop the elitism and shape yourself up, think about what you say before you say it. Now I'm going to close this thread, but if I come back to you throwing more shade for no reason other than you feel attacked and that you need to regain your ego, I'm jumping back in. I can't stand how high and mighty you make yourself out to be. That's not called being an "SJW," it's called disliking people with god complexes.

Oh, nevermind, I'm about to post this and there you go throwing shade again. Yes, I did criticize it because it doesn't take someone who knows all about PCs to know that's a less than adequate part list. You may have your own solutions to it, and they may be valid, but the list itself is not great. I'm just trying to help you see that this isn't some great solution to all that is bad in the world list, get off your high horse son.

Also, good for you working at a PC shop. Nice of you to mention that in a desperate attempt to back up your intellect. Still doesn't take back from how petty you are. I don't see how I'm a hypocrite either, that statement is meant to be ambiguous, it doesn't say that I do or don't know how to build PCs. And yes, the argument has gone way further than it needed to go, but if you want to end it, stop calling other people names because they aren't as smart as you. It's silly, pitiful, and childish. Go ahead, call me an SJW for saying that, prove again how petty you are. And, if you want to leave and work at your PC shop, just go, nobody is holding you here. I would go too but I'm finding this to be too much fun. Seeing someone with such an inflated ego get so heated over something so silly is down right entertaining. Call me what you want, it doesn't take away from what you are. We're both equally terrible people, at least I can own up to that.
05/15/2016 12:33 pm
BananaInCharge
Well, he did say "everyone on this thread" so I guess he is technically in this thread.
05/15/2016 12:12 pm
Sergeant Sarcasm
^this
05/15/2016 12:07 pm
BananaInCharge
WoodiliciousEveryone on this thread is literally retarded. It is completely possible to build a $250 PC that will run Minecraft at a playable framerate. It probably will not be able to run shaders, but that doesn't mean it cant run Minecraft. Give me a few minutes and I'll piece together a list for you. Considering your budget, it might be a bit difficult, but it is completely possible.

For those ignorant individuals, this video is proof. (And they were running much more demanding games than Minecraft)
[yt]x1JA24KCAjE[/yt]

Scrapyard Wars is not an accurate representation of what the average consumer can achieve. It highly depends on what is available as well as the person being at least a suitable age to be negotiating with people and able to drive places. Judging by OP's post for a completely unrealistic goal, I'm going to assume that they are not in the situation that they can just run around buying random second hand components.

05/15/2016 12:05 pm
Sergeant Sarcasm
WoodiliciousEveryone on this thread is literally retarded. It is completely possible to build a $250 PC that will run Minecraft at a playable framerate. It probably will not be able to run shaders, but that doesn't mean it cant run Minecraft. Give me a few minutes and I'll piece together a list for you. Considering your budget, it might be a bit difficult, but it is completely possible.

For those ignorant individuals, this video is proof. (And they were running much more demanding games than Minecraft)
[yt]x1JA24KCAjE[/yt]

You said playable framerate, and possibly without shaders. Nobody here is "literally retarded" because we were all talking about building a PC that meets his standards. Let me know when you can build a PC for $250 that can run MC at 120 FPS with shaders.
So, next time you go and start hating on people for actually staying on topic, please reconsider because right now you look like a total... well, for lack of better words that I can use, jerk. I never said you couldn't build a gaming PC for $250, I said you couldn't build one that would run MC at 120 FPS with shaders. Plus, I don't understand why you got so heated seeing people say that $250 is not a high enough budget for what he needs. It's silly, and petty. Save your anger for something that's worth it.
05/15/2016 11:56 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1793855
[deleted]
05/15/2016 11:52 am
Woodilicious
Everyone on this thread is literally a big pizza pie, that's amoreee. It is completely possible to build a $250 PC that will run Minecraft at a playable framerate. It probably will not be able to run shaders, but that doesn't mean it cant run Minecraft. Give me a few minutes and I'll piece together a list for you. Considering your budget, it might be a bit difficult, but it is completely possible.

[yt]x1JA24KCAjE[/yt]
05/15/2016 11:50 am
BananaInCharge
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT BUY A COMPUTER WITH A $250 BUDGET. YOU WILL BE VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE RESULT

With that being said, if you absolutely must buy a computer right now, you can pretty much rule out any hope of running at 120fps with Shaders. It takes a high end machine to run that as both Shaders mod and Minecraft are really unoptimised. Intel HD graphics are NOT designed for gaming. That being said, you really don't have it in your budget to use anything else. An AMD APU would bring the price too high and doesn't really leave you any room to upgrade further.

This build doesn't include an operating system so I hope you have a Windows key you can use or are prepared to learn how to use Linux. (Or save up and buy a Windows key from a cheaper retailer for about $30, rather than from Microsoft themselves.) It does include very basic peripherals but no monitor. You can connect your computer to a TV and it will work fine.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3260 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($53.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($43.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($26.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($46.98 @ OutletPC)
Case: Zalman ZM-T1 PLUS MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($27.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX Power Supply ($33.69 @ Directron)
Keyboard: Logitech K120 Wired Standard Keyboard ($11.88 @ OutletPC)
Mouse: Kensington K72356US Wired Optical Mouse ($5.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $251.39
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-15 11:51 EDT-0400
05/15/2016 11:23 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Petaflop
I got a £650 laptop from alienware (refurb) and it can just about run shaders! I don't think you'll find anything for £250!
05/15/2016 11:38 am
BananaInCharge
Laptops are much more expensive to get the same performance as a desktop and Alienware is even more expensive on top of that.
05/15/2016 11:01 am
Sergeant Sarcasm
Why would you need to run anything at 120 FPS? I'm pretty sure there aren't even any monitors out there that are truly 120 GHz, every one that claims to be that converts 60 FPS to 120 by replicating frames in between. So really, running anything at that frame rate is basically useless. And trying to build something that will do that at $250 is next to impossible, especially with shaders.
05/17/2016 12:13 pm
Level 41 : Master Fox
simonh2000
yeah, we probably can't even detect the difference between 60 and 120 with our own eyes. It's just too fast to really make much of an impact. OP, you should just get a summer job (If you're old enough) so you can afford something at least passable, and if you aren't old enough you can just buy, trade and sell cards and stuff like that. I wasn't really trying to but I made like $20 like that at a tabletop store before the manager threatened to kick me out.
05/15/2016 9:40 am
Level 28 : Expert Pig
Dark_Alpha_
So what you're looking for is a mobile phone with minecraft pocket edition?
a quite average phone?
05/15/2016 9:11 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Necromancer
Noctris
for 250$ you can get a computer that can run minecraft with 12fps
05/15/2016 10:35 am
Level 43 : Master Creeper
Dr_Steve
Depends on what setting(s) you run Minecraft at, though. But, virtually any PC can run Minecraft though, amirite? Even though it maybe not at the highest resolution
05/15/2016 9:04 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Modder
HbTextures
You'd need at least 1000$ just for the computer itself. It's like trying to build the Eiffel Tower 1:1 with 10 tooth picks, it's just not going to work.
05/15/2016 8:49 am
Level 32 : Artisan Cake
dr_Cheesecake
For 250 you will never be able to get something like that. You'll need at least more than $1000 for that kind of computer, unless you happen to come across someone who desperatly wants to get rid of a gaming pc, which isn't very likely... Good luck!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome