Looking for a PRE-BUILT computer

Butterblender's Avatar Butterblender8/18/14 8:23 pm
1 emeralds 2.4k 94
8/22/2014 10:30 pm
53MP3RF1's Avatar 53MP3RF1
Hi, I am looking for a good PRE-BUILT computer. If someone will post the question thing I will answer all the questions. I have been looking a while for it and cant seem to find it anywhere around the forum

Thanks,
Butterblender
Butterblender
Level 15 : Journeyman Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/22/2014 10:30 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
53MP3RF1
Butterblender
Yeah, I like that computer. But I have a question, what is the difference between Intel Core i3, i5, and i7?

In desktops, it has more tiers.

Lowest tier, you have Celeron. These aren't made much anymore, and are generally single-cored CPUs. Don't underestimate them, though, as they do do alright.

Second tier, there's the Pentiums. The Pentiums in desktop PCs are stout little dual-cores, and are very good for their highly competitive price.

Third-tier, and one mostly overlooked because they're the midpoint between upgrading later and splurging now, are the i3s - they have 2 solid cores, but utilize hyperthreading to give them 2 more simulated cores.

Fourth tier, and generally the best for gaming in desktops nowadays, are the i5s. These CPUs are 4 solid cores, and perform well in all day-to-day activities and games.

Fifth tier, mostly unnecessary right now but probably necessary in the future, are the i7s. These bad boys have 4 solid cores, and utilize hyperthreading to give them 4 more simulated cores, for a total of 8 cores.

Sixth and final tier, you have the most enthusiast CPUs, the i7-X's. They are regarded as being enthusiast for their "extreme" prefix. They often have more than 4 real cores (I think the largest number currently is 6) and also have hyperthreading, which gives them a whopping 12 cores.

You also have Xeons, which can range from anywhere from 4 to 12 solid cores and have hyperthreading, but they're server CPUs generally so I won't go into detail there.

Anyways, hopefully that helped. Good luck on your search!
08/22/2014 9:59 pm
Butterblender
Killertoad
TheShadbusher
Killertoadwww.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883258065

For $850, that's not a bad computer.

Yeah, it's not bad for a pre-built.

Yeah, I like that computer. But I have a question, what is the difference between Intel Core i3, i5, and i7?
08/22/2014 5:25 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
TheShadbusher

Yeah, it's not bad for a pre-built.
08/22/2014 3:13 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator

08/22/2014 3:04 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
CookieFartz
He needed help looking for Pre-Built pc's and i posted a list to pre-built pc's . There was no need for you to reply as i was trying to help HIM i even told him to pm if he needed anything. No need to be a -snip- about it
08/22/2014 2:47 pm
CookieFartz
First of all why does it matter to you ? Im pretty sure the OP can make decisions for himself and choose what PC he wants himself
08/22/2014 2:55 pm
Killertoad
Which is exactly why he made a thread asking for help on picking out a computer? So he can just pick for himself?
08/22/2014 2:52 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
Because some people don't have experience with computers compared to others, which is why they want advice on the best computer they can get.
08/22/2014 2:44 pm
Killertoad
CookieFartz
Killertoad
CookieFartz

Hello
http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=85 ... a2_refTest

Theres a list of Pre-built computers for you. If you have any questions feel free to PM

All you did was literally search "gaming computer"?

but what other have posted (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6883258065 i think) is your best bet.

Um no? You go into the desktops category and theres a sub-catagory just for gaming computers smh

What's the difference? Searching for "gaming computers" or clicking the link for "gaming computers"? Post a PC, not a list of PC's.
08/22/2014 2:31 pm
CookieFartz
Killertoad
CookieFartz
ButterblenderHi, I am looking for a good PRE-BUILT computer. If someone will post the question thing I will answer all the questions. I have been looking a while for it and cant seem to find it anywhere around the forum

Thanks,
Butterblender

Hello

Theres a list of Pre-built computers for you. If you have any questions feel free to PM

but what other have posted (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6883258065 i think) is your best bet.

Um no? You go into the desktops category and theres a sub-catagory just for gaming computers smh
08/22/2014 2:28 pm
Killertoad
CookieFartz
ButterblenderHi, I am looking for a good PRE-BUILT computer. If someone will post the question thing I will answer all the questions. I have been looking a while for it and cant seem to find it anywhere around the forum

Thanks,
Butterblender

Hello

08/22/2014 2:20 pm
CookieFartz

Thanks,
Butterblender

Hello

08/22/2014 2:13 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
Hawkstormer
AzieStop. OP already said that they do not want to build their PC, so please stop posting off topic replies and arguing about how OP should or shouldn't buy pre-built. Any more off topic or flamey/argumentative replies will result in this thread being locked and warnings/bans being issued.

ZerannyStop telling people who are trying to help the OP to not help, you're simply make the situation worse. The OP can decide what help he or she wishes to accept, encouraging him or her to self build or get someone else to build it is not forcing them to do so.

Give what help you feel necessary and any further cases of, "OP didn't ask for this kind of help" will receive forum warnings.

Also, moved to Gaming and Technology.

I am so confused. Do I warn people who tell others to stop suggesting self-builds or do I warn people who suggest self-builds?

Just try to keep the thread flame-free and you're done.
08/22/2014 2:09 pm
funny bunny
Hawkstormer
AzieStop. OP already said that they do not want to build their PC, so please stop posting off topic replies and arguing about how OP should or shouldn't buy pre-built. Any more off topic or flamey/argumentative replies will result in this thread being locked and warnings/bans being issued.

ZerannyStop telling people who are trying to help the OP to not help, you're simply make the situation worse. The OP can decide what help he or she wishes to accept, encouraging him or her to self build or get someone else to build it is not forcing them to do so.

Give what help you feel necessary and any further cases of, "OP didn't ask for this kind of help" will receive forum warnings.

I am so confused. Do I warn people who tell others to stop suggesting self-builds or do I warn people who suggest self-builds?

I know this is confusing ;-;
08/22/2014 2:05 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Hawkstormer

Suggesting is fine. Telling OP "x idea is dumb. Do what i think is best" and people arguing with others in the thread about which is better is not. I think the point of both our replies was just to keep this thread on topic and flame free.
08/22/2014 1:52 pm
Level 48 : Master Artist
janidorr

08/22/2014 4:41 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
KernelPad
Half of these are terrible, I'd go with what Randomness or WTFshady suggested, by far the better pre-builds in this thread.

-
Build It Yourself: The cheapest way to get the best build for your money, buy parts from online, stick them together like Lego and you'll have your perfect PC in no time. You'll be happy, more satisfied and it will be more ideal to spend your saved up money elsewhere like an SSD or better peripherals. It can be quite a hassle and a hair scratching moment, but the outcome is rewarding.

Pre-Built (Custom): If you're in between, and you %100 know you are never going to build it yourself for whatever reason, this is the best option for you. You'll be paying atleast $100+ more for this than building it yourself since the standard companies like Gladiator, Cyberpower, or a custom retailer need their profits too.

Manufactured: This option is highly UNrecommended, you're paying the money because of the logo/company, not its components (mainly). Companies like HP, Dell (Alienware), Toshiba and others charge you too much for what could be more affordable when building it yourself or prebuilt.
-
08/22/2014 4:06 am
Level 20 : Expert Network
Imadbush
Here http://www.amazon.com/M51AC-US002S-i7-4 ... 461&sr=1-3

16gb of ram
Nvidia Gefoce GT640 graphics card
Intel I7 proccesser
2TB hardrive
$900 on amazon
08/22/2014 4:51 am
WTFshady
That's pretty bad. All of the money is spend on the RAM and the CPU, while the GPU is lame. You can get an i5+8GB+270x for that much.
08/20/2014 4:54 am
WTFshady
benjimaestroWell, im 14 and i made a funcional, built PC for £90 that will run any game thrown at it... do you see the advantages now?

I think you mean £900, don't you? If you don't, well, you are 1. lying 2. you found great deals + got free parts.
08/20/2014 4:06 am
Imadbush
Would you rather a better proccesser or a better graphics card or a bit of both?
and how much ram do you want?
08/21/2014 4:44 pm
Butterblender
A bit of both. Again, it does not have to be the superest bestest computer. I only need most games at 40 FPS.
08/19/2014 6:08 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
Creeper7111
http://m.ebay.com/itm/281389728254?nav=SEARCH

http://m.ebay.com/itm/251617880259?nav=SEARCH

http://m.ebay.com/itm/271532946622?nav=SEARCH

This hurt me emotionally and physically

EDIT: You could also get a AlienWare, but I highly recommend to NEVER get a AlienWare, unless you want to or need to
08/19/2014 8:12 pm
funny bunny
You basically just contradicted yourself.
08/22/2014 5:34 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
Creeper7111
Don't judge me
08/19/2014 4:47 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Randomness3333
Lets compare this prebuilt that was suggested(which if you must get a prebuilt go with this) with building it yourself.
Prebuilt: 850$
Building it yourself: ~735$
Click to reveal
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($193.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($44.38 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($72.98 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.92 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB Dual-X Video Card ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($27.00 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($13.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) ($92.98 @ OutletPC)
Keyboard: KeyTronic E03601P2M Wired Standard Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($9.98 @ Amazon)
Total: $733.20
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-19 16:44 EDT-0400

Though I would spend more to get a slightly better build.
Click to reveal
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($188.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock H97 PERFORMANCE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.92 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB Dual-X Video Card ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($13.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) ($92.98 @ OutletPC)
Keyboard: KeyTronic E03601P2M Wired Standard Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($9.98 @ Amazon)
Total: $778.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-19 16:35 EDT-0400

If you are willing to pay someone 120$ to put together a computer for you using some lower quality parts than that's your choice. Or you can build it yourself in a few hours and use parts that you know are high quality.
08/19/2014 4:06 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
Zeranny
Stop telling people who are trying to help the OP to not help, you're simply make the situation worse. The OP can decide what help he or she wishes to accept, encouraging him or her to self build or get someone else to build it is not forcing them to do so.

08/19/2014 3:50 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer
illuminati128k
If he wants a prebuilt computer, then just suggest one to him. I know custom builds are most of the time cheaper for the same quality but not everybody wants to build their own computer, some would just want something that works out of the box. Not everybody is tech savvy.
08/19/2014 4:01 pm
Killertoad
Don't have to be tech savvy? You just have to know how to read, and how to watch a short video on where stuff goes.

robot_26
57r4d

All but one of those computers have no dedicated video card (the one that does is terrible) and all the money goes into the CPU. In other words they would perform terribly when playing games and in other visual tasks.

Will he did say he wanted a PREBUILT computer, that's about it. He also didn't mention what he was going to use it for.

He wants to spend a grand on it, with that said, it's pretty safe to assume he wants a "gaming" computer. Anyways, if he just wanted a plain computer, he can go to best buy or something and buy one.
08/19/2014 3:45 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
CannonSkullsss
I think we need a mod to close this forum now.
08/19/2014 3:41 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Taco
Gzehler
why dont you just -snip- build it yourself
08/19/2014 1:47 pm
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
NetworkPCE
Let's take computeruniverse.net, they are by far more trusted than cyberpower.

They sell cheap components, only in Europe though it was just an example.

For prebuilts i would just recommend something like a toshiba, or a HP.
08/19/2014 1:38 pm
Level 45 : Master Robot
robot_26
Couldn't you just take a trip to the store? If not, here are some good computers for $1,000 or less.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/4225 ... p_Computer
http://www.microcenter.com/product/4241 ... p_Computer
http://www.microcenter.com/product/4340 ... p_Computer
http://www.microcenter.com/product/4338 ... p_Computer

In other news, I think a majority here wouldn't do so well when it comes to customer service .
08/19/2014 1:43 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
DrStrad
All but one of those computers have no dedicated video card (the one that does is terrible) and all the money goes into the CPU. In other words they would perform terribly when playing games and in other visual tasks.
08/19/2014 3:29 pm
Level 45 : Master Robot
robot_26
Will he did say he wanted a PREBUILT computer, that's about it. He also didn't mention what he was going to use it for.
08/19/2014 12:56 pm
WTFshady
runesmite14WTFShady

It's WTFshady But seriously, nice explanation and advice.
08/19/2014 12:29 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
runesmite14
I have to agree with happened here. You all do great work with building computers, and when advice is wanted, I've seen many people get steered in the right direction.

However, what I just witnessed here is someone asking you multiple times to stop, and blatantly saying they wanted to buy one; is it seriously that hard to respect someones decision?

Anyway, I digress.

This pre-built that WTFShady posted is what I would suggest for you. Where it has a lower end graphics card, you will find that you can easily swap that out later. I guessed what I thought ibuypower would charge for it and then clicked on the link, I was pleasantly surprised, as it was cheaper then I anticipated.

From what I've seen, they're also fairly trustworthy, you MAY want to look on what you find on Cyberpower, however. From what I've seen you may have a bit more flexibility and they seem to be cheaper.

Regardless of your choice, have fun with your new computer!
08/19/2014 1:57 pm
Killertoad
OP has never even said why, we just said "will you build?" and he gets all defensive, and then won't tell anyone why. And then others like to jump onto people, without helping, and not letting us talk directly to OP.

Now, I wouldn't suggest using ibuypower, or those, they put in a high end CPU and a low end GPU, that won't play any games what's so ever.

I highly recommend what was said above, buying all the parts, and then letting a hardware shop put it together for it. It'll be cheaper than buying a pre-built.
08/19/2014 7:33 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1280016
[deleted]
08/19/2014 7:45 am
Level 41 : Master Blob
Navbarry
He doesn't want to build his own PC, SO STOP talking about it. Your argument has been said over 20 times on this thread.

Other note:
What you say I find very unlikely; I want to see your PC run battlefield 4. What are its specs?
08/19/2014 7:28 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Ninja
Afootpluto
Since you said you will buy a custom PC. I think if you buy all the parts from NCIX you can have NCIX build it for you. So you get it as cheap as you building it but without having to build it. I might be wrong on this but it is worth checking out.
08/19/2014 4:56 am
WTFshady
If he wants a pre-built, let him get it. It's his decision not ours. IMO building a PC is better but it's his choice really. Anyway, can you give us some requirements (what games do you want it to play, budget, what you'll use it for, some basic specs, overclockable or not etc).

*EDIT*: I found some good PCs that you might be interested in:

Intel Core i5 4570 @ 3.2GHz, 1TB SATA III 7200RPM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB, Intel H81 chipset motherboard, 8GB RAM DDR3, Windows 8.1

Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz, 1 TB SATA III + 120 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R7 260X 2 GB, Intel Z97 chipset motherboard, 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz, Windows 8.1

The first isn't overclockable, the second is. The first doesn't have a SSD, the second does. The second is more upgradeable, because if you want to upgrade to Broadwell with the first one, you need to change the motherboard. The first has NVIDIA GPU, the second has AMD GPU (which I'm fan of). The first uses less power because NVIDIA GPUs use less. Both have the newest (and best) version of Windows. It's your choice, but it I were you, I would've gone for the second. If you however, change your mind and decide to build a PC (which I highly recommend), you can go with this build. Not overclockable, but will last you 6 or even 7 years.
08/19/2014 4:49 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme
VeryMadCrafter
You may wanna ask this to other websites, not PlanetMinecraft. No, just no. Of course people around here will demand you to build one.
08/19/2014 4:13 am
Imadbush
Roughly what specs?
How much ram?
How big of an hdd?
Do you want a graphics card?
Do you want it to be an all in one?
08/19/2014 3:06 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer
jjcyalater
I seriously don't think butterblender cares that everyone else thinks he should build it himself.

It's his computer therefore he decides what he wants, and all of you "helpful people" are going to tell him where to get a PREBUILT pc and not try to bully him into building it himself.

I built my computer but I seriously don't care what he gets, ITS HIS DECISION.

And if I happen to know any good brands I will post them here as that is what this thread is intended for.
08/19/2014 2:26 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
KingFanta
Get a macbook

^
08/19/2014 2:02 am
Level 31 : Artisan Modder
Lpswheat
My Computer came in at around 1,000 USD custom built, and on CyberPower PC with all the same accessories it went for 1853 USD!

Not saying you shouldn't buy pre built but not saying that you should.
08/19/2014 1:47 am
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
There's always the option of buying the parts yourself, saving some cash thus way, and then spending that extra cash you saved on paying someone to assemble it for you. You won't have to do any assembling, you might end up paying less or around the same, and you'll get a lot more performance that way. I'd think "custom prebuilt" would be the middle ground here.
08/19/2014 1:41 am
Level 38 : Artisan Programmer
deadrecon98
-snip-
08/19/2014 1:20 am
Level 39 : Artisan Pirate
hockeymikey
Granted you could build a pretty good rig for that price compared to pre-built with anything you want. But also what do you want? What OS do you want? What do you plan to do on it (besides Minecraft). Let us know what we are building for.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome