Minecraft Story mode: Thoughts and opinions?

Dynit's Avatar Dynit11/16/15 10:16 pm
11/24/2015 7:04 am
Dynit's Avatar Dynit
Well apparently I was searching around youtube for let's plays on Telltale's Minecraft Story Mode and the comments section... hates the game.

Then I decided to try it out and while there had been some errors, its a great game for what it is (in my opinion).

So what do you guys think of Minecraft Story Mode?
Dynit
Level 27 : Expert Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/24/2015 7:04 am
Dynit
So what would you expect in Minecraft? Modding API and more difficulty?

(no sarcasm intended...)
11/22/2015 4:50 am
Level 38 : Artisan Cake
cakeface
The music is random, but it's kinda cool!
11/21/2015 9:50 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
AnimeFanFTW
Dynit
AnimeFanFTWBut limiting where and what the player can do destroys the whole purpose of playing Minecraft...

And this game is aimed towards children.

And that's the biggest problem I have with this game.

As a 20 year old, I find it stupid how they limited this game to kids, when people of all ages plays Minecraft.

but what about

ACTUAL SPOILER WARNING:

Click to reveal
the F-Bomb!?!? thats aimed towards older players... lol!!!
11/21/2015 9:48 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
mcsm is like Untill Dawn but doesnt have any alternate endings idt it just seems that way but all choices seem to have the same outcome and the only difference is afew textures and speech but same path and i think everyone would survive but mcsm isnt a horror game its a game that the lowest age that should be allowed minecraft is higher then mcsm age minimum except... well.... this is a spoiler warning (since its not obvious and people like clicking spoilers cause it does things but is usually to hide something that isnt actually a spoiler...)

Click to reveal
why the heck TellTale!?!?! whys it called the F-Bomb!?!?! atleast those who are supposed to know the meaning can have a laugh at the game too.... lol!!!!!
11/21/2015 8:36 pm
Level 26 : Expert Pirate
Han Solo
AnimeFanFTW
Dynit
AnimeFanFTWBut limiting where and what the player can do destroys the whole purpose of playing Minecraft...

As a 20 year old, I find it stupid how they limited this game to kids, when people of all ages plays Minecraft.

agreed.

(100th post!)
11/21/2015 8:25 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1389843
[deleted]
11/21/2015 7:58 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
Dynit

11/21/2015 2:34 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Narwhal
-VanillaGorilla
I love it! The beginning is quite boring though... I almost stopped playing. The only thing that I don't like is the characters. I also think that the story line could have been better. Your decisions don't really change what happens at the end. But overall I rate it 8/10

If you haven't played it, you should
11/21/2015 5:30 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Glok4
I think it is pretty good. The decisions really do change paths and it's pretty funny at parts.
11/21/2015 2:15 am
AnimeFanFTW
But limiting where and what the player can do destroys the whole purpose of playing Minecraft...
11/21/2015 11:11 am
Dynit
It's a compromise telltale takes for their games. Otherwise it would a nightmare for everyone involved in development and it would be too costly for the company (the money they made from their other games might not be enough to cover it.)

And this game is aimed towards children. What else would you explain the 2-4 weeks of waiting between episodes, short gameplay and minimal swearing as well as a more linear story almost equivalent to TT's back to the future?
11/21/2015 1:35 am
Dynit
AnimeFanFTW
Josephpica
AnimeFanFTWMinecraft Story Mode was not needed.

The point of Minecraft is to have your own adventure.

Kinda hard to do that if you're playing a scripted game.

Are you saying that it's not released yet because it's in beta or because they have to code every possible event to be corresponding to people's past choices?

No, no, what I mean is

The original Minecraft is praised for its open worlds, and giving you free reign to explore these worlds.

In Story Mode, you're following a person around, seeing him go on adventures, never being able to explore yourself. The game is like a train ride. It only goes in one path.

Well its what Telltale pretty much makes, a one way adventure with multiple routes. You can't expect them to make something really open and free reign as the original.
11/20/2015 10:03 am
AnimeFanFTW
Josephpica

Are you saying that it's not released yet because it's in beta or because they have to code every possible event to be corresponding to people's past choices?

No, no, what I mean is

The original Minecraft is praised for its open worlds, and giving you free reign to explore these worlds.

In Story Mode, you're following a person around, seeing him go on adventures, never being able to explore yourself. The game is like a train ride. It only goes in one path.
11/20/2015 10:00 am
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP

11/20/2015 9:56 am
AnimeFanFTW
Minecraft Story Mode was not needed.

Kinda hard to do that if you're playing a scripted game. And it seems like it's only catered to a younger audience.

Game looks great, (except the facial expressions. I never liked moving faces in Minecraft characters) but again, it was not needed.
11/20/2015 9:24 am
Dynit
Well by the time of this post, episode 3 of Minecraft Story Mode would be released in 24th november.

Either Telltale did most of production in advance or the blocky aesthetics of the game made things easier for the modelling crew (albeit with some corners cut in lipsyncing).
11/17/2015 12:24 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Modder
tepo17
EnderDurant
Although the lip syncing is hilarious XD

Yes! I watched a video on it and the lip syncing made my day xD
11/17/2015 9:19 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Sardonyx
I like the game! Yes it isn't really minecrafty other than the graphics, but it wasn't meant to be a minecraft clone with slightly more story to it. It was meant to be its own game, not just minecraft with animations...

Although the lip syncing is hilarious XD
11/17/2015 7:46 am
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
I watched Logdotzip play it and I enjoyed them. Yeah, everyone is Kinda a noob but if they weren't there would really be no excitement to the game. Like, really? When were you last super excited about making a firework in Minecraft? The people in the telltale games thing make this huge deal about their fireworks machine. But you know what? I would have hated the series if they just like totally bored the whole time, "oh yeah, great big fireworks! Been there, done that! "
I am also glad it's not a whole bunch of garbage about Notch, Herobrine, and Steve. It's its own storyline with it's own characters.
11/17/2015 6:44 am
Dynit
Are you suggesting Minecraft Story Mode should be something like Choose your own adventure books?
11/17/2015 2:32 am
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher
yoda473
I highly dislike the idea. Minecraft itself is filled with choices that may make or break your world. Like, should I jump down that deep hole? Should I try to sneak past the lava so I can block it off? Will I make this jump? Minecraft: Story Mode is, as a result, the same thing, except much more limited. The point of a telltale game is to choose your story, but the point of Minecraft is to make your own. So yeah, I personally think it ruins the concept.
Although, there is one thing I like about it. The first episode is called "The Order of the Stone". That's what Minecraft used to be called!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome