My new laptop

benfretz6996's Avatar benfretz69969/30/13 2:55 pm
9/30/2013 6:29 pm
socksmusicalcat's Avatar socksmusicalcat
Hey everybody, I am new to these forums, I just joined because I have a question. I am researching to find a new computer for Minecraft (The only game I will run on the computer). For my new computer, I want it to get about 40fps average (on fancy and far/normal) when running minecraft, if it could get a lot above that, then I would be super happy! I found one laptop, A Dell Inspiron 15 that supposedly gets 60fps all the time, but i'm not. I want the laptop to be NO MORE than 500$, preferably lower in price than that (if possible). So this laptop that I found, could any of you read about it (i'll link it below) and tell me if the specs look like they will run the game good enough that I get my desired FPS with no lag what so ever. And if it is not a good choice, please, SOMEBODY, link a NEW laptop down below that can get over 40fps all the time on minecraft (on far/normal render distance and fancy graphics) that is $500 or under! Please help me out everybody, I'm not sure how many people will see this post because again, I am new to this stuff, but thank you very much everybody, link is here: http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-35 ... AndReviews
benfretz6996
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/30/2013 6:29 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Engineer
socksmusicalcat
First of all, that laptop does not have GeForce GTX 760M graphics. At least not in the sub-$1000 configurations available for purchase from their website. Just poorly-performing Intel integrated graphics. Stay away.

Second, the processor is a Pentium, which is on the low end of Intel's processors. This may not make too much of a difference, but I think the AMD laptop I suggested would probably perform better, since it's quad core (the Pentiums are usually only dual-core).

Third, that is a massive laptop. 17.3" classifies it as a desktop replacement, which is fine if you only want to work on it from a desk, but transporting it will be a pain.

Finally, the laptop I suggested previously is slightly cheaper. It's up to you, but Newegg is a good online store, and both laptops are the same brand. I have a 15.6" gaming laptop (same size as the AMD laptop), and it is a great screen size.
09/30/2013 4:37 pm
benfretz6996
Hey guys, I found a laptop, an Acer Aspire V3-731-4439 laptop, it has a NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 760M Graphics card. This sounds good from what people tell me, how much FPS do you think I would get with it. And some people say that Acers are not good laptops but i'm not sure, this sounds like it would work good! Please tell me how much FPS you think I would get, and if the computer is good in general. Link: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.M31AA.007
09/30/2013 3:22 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Engineer
socksmusicalcat
If you want passable gaming performance in a cheaper laptop, go for an AMD laptop with an APU. You can tell what tier the processor is in by the first part of the processor number. Look for an A6, A8, or A10 if you want it to run pretty well. My mom got a Black Friday special a couple of years ago with one, and my little sister does some light gaming on it, and it runs pretty well.

Actually, right now, this one has an AMD APU and a discrete card and has pretty good reviews. It's $450 right now, and it looks like a pretty solid gaming laptop for the price: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6834314119

Intel processors are good, but their integrated graphics are garbage (except the most recent, the HD 5000 series) so I highly recommend spending a little less on the processor and more on the graphics. Processor speed isn't as much an issue as it used to be, so don't worry about it too much.
09/30/2013 3:19 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
Littlebear_
09/30/2013 3:12 pm
Littlebear_
You don't even need 4GB ram, my computer used to have 2GB and it was at 60FPS, seriously, Iwould just google, theres atleast 2 of these every week created asking the same thing,
09/30/2013 3:16 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Miner
Province
This is very inaccurate. Windows 7 64 bit requires at least 2GB of ram. That's the minimum. And that doesn't mean it's going to run speedy. 4GB can even have trouble running fast nowadays when running multiple programs, so recommending 2GB is a bad idea.

RAM does not affect your gaming experience, for the most part, your GPU and CPU do.

You can find laptops that will run Minecraft at 40FPS (lowest + optifine) for maybe $400. If you have a higher budget, just save up. Why buy a non-upgradeable $500 laptop that can play Minecraft and maybe some other games, when you can drop $300 more and get an $800 laptop that can play Minecraft and many of todays games at mediumish settings?
09/30/2013 3:08 pm
benfretz6996
is the one I picked out a bad one? it has a good processor and good graphics (good enough for minecraft) and lots of ram and stuff, so why wouldn't it run minecraft at a steady 40fps?
09/30/2013 3:08 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
AnteJao
Well, if you're looking for one laptop that cheap, I suggest you just buy a more expensive regular laptop with something like, 4-5 GB RAM memory, or such. I have a regular laptop with 4 GB RAM, AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon HD graphics, and 64 bit OS. It's called "HP Pavilion dm1". I have an average 15-40 FPS on it, on 70% graphics. I suggest you check it out, it's small and light, but no DVD drive (since you were only going to play Minecraft on it, it should be fine xD). It works great if you use OpfiFine for
Minecraft. Might be a little bit under your needs, but it handles multitasking well!

Or, you could always save up to the 700 dollar one by working at summer, that's a good job (too bad it's autumn now), or do anything else.
09/30/2013 3:01 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
qqq
Ill Tell You Right Now. Make More Money. Laptops. No. Build a Desktop. Have you not seen the other posts about new computers? BUILD A DESKTOP.
09/30/2013 3:48 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme
VeryMadCrafter
It's difficult and expensive to do that. :/
09/30/2013 3:04 pm
Littlebear_
I agree, but don't, Laptops are fine, also, ITS MINECRAFT, why the hell do you need a really good gaming computer just for MINECRAFT,

Laptops are fine for gaming, you dont need to use a desktop, I honestly prefer Laptops, but it also depends on what type of system etc u got,

As Deadless Said, You Honestly Do Need More Money, I'd Suggest Saying $900 atleast, and then buying a laptop,

For $900 you could get Lots,

EDIT: Just found this: http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i15 ... 817&sr=1-1

Intel Pentium Dual Core processor 2127U 1.9 GHz (2 MB Cache)
4 GB DDR3 RAM
500 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
15.6-Inch Touchscreen Display, Intel HD Graphics 4000
Windows 8

ok for games, and its $450,
09/30/2013 3:02 pm
benfretz6996
It has to be a laptop though, I cant have a desktop
09/30/2013 3:17 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
qqq
Alright then go on lenovo.com

find a computer there. just make more money. THEN go There. Seriously for a good PC. You need more money
09/30/2013 2:57 pm
Littlebear_
You wont get a good gaming laptop for 500 and below, theres 1 I know that isnt bad for $700 though,
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome