Planet Minecraft the Game

yoda473's Avatar yoda4735/4/16 6:12 am
1 emeralds 9.5k 203
2/6/2017 4:29 pm
Miss Shadowz's Avatar Miss Shadowz
Title says it all. Planet Minecraft the Game is an idea I had at the start of this year. Basically, it's a game based on Planet Minecraft. The player character is a member of PMC, the level location is a real part of PMC, and the enemies are enemies of PMC itself: hate threads, hackers, spammers, etc. If you're reading this, and you know you're an active member here, you're probably going to be in it. If you're not mentioned here, then I've probably forgotten about you, in which case you should remind me below. Note that I haven't actually started on it, because this must finish first.
The game mechanics, in terms of levels
The GUI for selecting levels (quests? missions?) will be a blown-up PMC logo that rotates as you switch between The Site, The Forums, Chat and Your Profile (a player selection screen rather than a level collection). Within each, there will be a number of levels set in locations such as the Desolate Building Room, the Palace of the Palette Battle League, and the Ruins of Fort Teenskin. The camera will be at a 45-degree angle to the ground, so only the back wall and floor will be visible. Completing a level will earn you experience, which is actually the currency (confusing, but the theme must be consistent). The story for the levels will be based partly on real events, for example contests and weird chat sessions.
The game mechanics, in terms of players
I plan for PMCtG to be singleplayer. Rather than playing as one regular character, though, you may select a player character from the Your Profile menu (explained above). These player characters will each represent a different member of Planet Minecraft. Now, before you go ahead and reply, "can i plz be in teh gaim", read the "Your requests" section near the bottom of this post. Each player will have their own unique sprite and skill. Yoda473 (me!), for example, might look like this and have a skill called Force Push that pushes all the enemies in front of me away. You would begin by picking one character out of three shown characters, and you would have to obtain more through other means (just like Pokemon). What those other means will exactly be I haven't yet decided, but I'm considering the ability to purchase them from shops around the level menus and having some particular ones available as a reward for completing a level or achievement.
The game mechanics, in terms of enemies
The enemies will represent actual enemies of PMC (real or fictional) and appear in appropriate level locations, but each will have a much more generic appearance. "Actual enemies of PMC?" I hear you wonder aloud. By that, I mean the hackers, the spammers, the server advertisers, the haters... but I also mean things that aren't people: hate threads, stolen submissions, advertising bots in chat...
They will have varying attack and health values, depending on what kind of enemy they are. The stronger enemies will appear in fewer numbers, and the weaker enemies will appear at about a half-dozen at a time (excluding the earlier levels, where they will be at one-three at a time so the player can get comfortable with the controls). Unlike player characters, they will not have skills.
The game mechanics, in terms of enemies, in terms of bosses
Remember when I said the enemies would have generic appearances and no skill? Well, those rules don't apply to bosses. They will represent much more powerful (and mostly fictional) enemies of PMC, like the Relish Lady, Yoda437, and the Power-Abusive Moderator. They won't appear in every level, but when they do, they'll be at the end of the level, and usually alone. The area they appear in will be beneficial to their skill.
Those who will appear!
Alright, I have now had the time to type up the list of all of the members that will make an appearance!
500PoundsOfNothing
ABigFatTomato
Agent003
akashi
amazodog161
AnimeFanFTW
AquilaeVolanti
Auradyme
Avalanche_Ali
Azie
BestAnarchy
candlevera
Chellizard
Chips
Chron
CraftyFoxe
Cyprezz (will be in the first release)
disco_ (will be in the first release)
Dollars
Drzzter
elijahfrog10
Eliya
Ellie
EmeraldEclipse
EnderDurant
Epyc_Pineapple
Estuary
Fazbear Incorporated
Fox
Foxy
Furry
Giraffestock
GrayRemnant
Havingfun_ISKEY
HippyKat
Insanity
Insanityy
Its_VoV
Jack
Jackie1st
janidoor
Jaspooky
Jedi
Jordanw5432
Karrthus
Knight
Leia_
lentebriesje
Lola
Loo
Lord_Ralex
Ludicrous
Luis
lynchyinc
Nemesis
Noobator
Nyamaru (did you get a name change?)
Masq
Master G
Mercer
Mgreat
Midnight
MissMarifire
Miss_Jillian
Mursuppa
Oceanus5000
oneeD
OrangePie
Palaeos
Papyrus_
Paril (will be in the first release obviously)
Piano_Creeper
Pines (note: his full name will be "Pines, Guy Who Always Gets Banned in Chat for Talking About How Hard he Can Pee")
planetblox2000
Ren3DM
S_Luke
Sam
ScarletBox
Scuttles
Snowy
Son Gohan
Sphax
that2guy
TheBatPanda
Thezi
Torm
Tuckers
yoda473
Yuki
Zaralith
Zatharel
Zeranny
Zitzabis

Now, I'm sure there's quite a few important members I've missed, so if you notice someone who's really famous isn't on here, don't be afraid to remind me!
Also, you'll notice that I've indicated three members (Cyprezz, disco_ and Paril) to be in the first release. These are probably the three most important, seeing as how Cyprezz and Paril are admins and disco_ is the highest level member.
The first release, by the way, will only be a single level with a simple play/selectcharacter/quit menu and the same skill for each member. This will be nowhere near the size of the final release.
Your Requests
Now, I can imagine a whole flood of members, both worthy and unworthy, requesting to appear in this game. If you do indeed plan to do this, consider the following:
1. Do I know who you are?
2. Are you very active in the PMC community?
3. Are you new to PMC?
4. Is your forum post count high?
5. Is your level high?
6. Are you a chat frequenter?
Not all of those need to have acceptable answers; even if you only meet one of the guidelines, chances are, you'll be accepted. I hate to base this off popularity and fame, but I can only get so many done in a certain amount of time. Besides, if you're a level 1 steve-headed member who's never been on chat and has a completely bare profile page, how am I supposed to convey you into the game?
I am aware that many of those who are denied will reply with hate comments, but look at it from my perspective: there are nearly two million members of PMC right now. There's no way I can implement all of those in my lifetime and still have a successful job and reasonably early retirement.
I can assume there will be a few of you who have a great idea for a level or a particular skill you want for your player character. If so, go right ahead and tell me. Of course, I may not accept those, either...
My Requests
As you can see above (my player sprite example), I am simply no good at graphics design. So if there are any pixel artists out there willing to lend a hand, go right ahead. You don't need to fill out a form or anything, just notify me below and I'll PM the details. If you do help out, you'll appear in the game by default.
To quicken the development, I ask for some content writers and character designers. You know, the fun stuff.
I will also need some music composers eventually, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. If you are a music composer and you want some of your music featured in the game, notify me below and I'll jot your username down somewhere so I can PM you when I need to.
The "team" and helpers
yoda473 (programmer)
Orangepie (abilities)
Knight (sprites)
TheUSWinner (sprites)
Furry (allowing use of their music)
Chron (writer)
Zatharel (writer)
PureNerd (sprites)
Loki (writer/sprites)
-Anubis- (sprites)
Nyamaru (sprites)
A final, and very important, note
No matter what happens, I won't start the programming for this game until this contest is over.
Now, you've finally reached the end of this post, so I can now give you what I know you've been waiting for since you saw this thread in the "Last 20 posts!" section.
yoda473
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/04/2016 6:35 am
Level 48 : Master Nerd
that2guy
Will I be a playable character?

(yes I know you said I would be in the game, but just to clarify if I would be playable(that would be amazeballs))
05/04/2016 8:38 am
Level 27 : Expert Network
Pines
where is me

didnt u remember that im the guy who gets banned in chat for linking filthy frank videos
05/04/2016 5:50 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Sardonyx
I'm excited to see this game!! (Imma be my main lol)

I can attempt to make some sprites and stuff if you want, although I can't really say I will be able to do any specific number because real life xD
05/04/2016 6:14 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
Nyamaru
omg this looks so fun! I'm looking forward for it <3
05/04/2016 6:18 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Dragonborn
BestAnarchy
Hey so any second thoughts on me?
Edit: I could be the villan or something.
05/04/2016 6:23 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
If you actually do start this at one point down the line, let me know and I'll make a few sprites for people I like
05/04/2016 8:06 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Vampire
Drzzter
wink wonk
05/05/2016 5:54 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Ludicrous
ur hot
05/04/2016 6:55 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Mage
Pokemon_Maniac
Can I not be in it?
05/04/2016 7:22 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
Just to be clear I'm in the game right? You said i will and will i be a playable character? I'm looking forward to the game What would my ability be?
05/04/2016 7:28 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Skinner
Morpheas
Hey! Do you need help with any sprites? If so, I could help! I'm an over average animator who has alot of free time! I could help (wait I said that too much)! Either way, in you don't need help, could I be in the game? I make skins, I'm trying to be good enough to be part of this game, because this seems like a cool concept! please let me be here
05/04/2016 7:57 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
05/05/2016 3:41 am
yoda473
Alright, I have now had the time to type up the list of all of the members that will make an appearance!
500PoundsOfNothing
ABigFatTomato
Agent003
akashi
AquilaeVolanti
Avalanche_Ali
Azie
BestAnarchy
candlevera
Chellizard
Chips
Chron
CraftyFoxe
Cyprezz (will be in the first release)
disco_ (will be in the first release)
Dollars
Drzzter
Eliya
Ellie
EnderDurant
Estuary
Fazbear Incorporated
Fox
Foxy
Furry
Giraffestock
GrayRemnant
Havingfun_ISKEY
HippyKat
Insanity
Insanityy
Its_VoV
Jack
Jackie1st
janidoor
Jaspooky
Jedi
Knight
lentebriesje
Lola
Loo
Lord_Ralex
Ludicrous
Luis
lynchyinc
Nemesis
Noobator
Nyamaru (did you get a name change?)
Masq
Mgreat
Midnight
MissMarifire
Miss_Jillian
Mursuppa
oneeD
OrangePie
Palaeos
Paril (will be in the first release obviously)
Piano_Creeper
Pines (note: his full name will be "Pines, Guy Who Always Gets Banned in Chat for Talking About How Hard he Can Pee")
planetblox2000
Ren3DM
Sam
ScarletBox
Scuttles
Snowy
Son Gohan
Sphax
that2guy
Thezi
Torm
Tuckers
yoda473
Yuki
Zaralith
Zatharel
Zeranny
Zitzabis

Now, I'm sure there's quite a few important members I've missed, so if you notice someone who's really famous isn't on here, don't be afraid to remind me!
Also, you'll notice that I've indicated three members (Cyprezz, disco_ and Paril) to be in the first release. These are probably the three most important, seeing as how Cyprezz and Paril are admins and disco_ is the highest level member.
The first release, by the way, will only be a single level with a simple play/selectcharacter/quit menu and the same skill for each member. This will be nowhere near the size of the final release.
Okay... *cracks knuckles* Now I'd better reply to everyone's comments...

that2guyWill I be a playable character?

(yes I know you said I would be in the game, but just to clarify if I would be playable(that would be amazeballs))

Yup, you're on the list.
Pineswhere is me

didnt u remember that im the guy who gets banned in chat for linking filthy frank videos

Actually, you're listed as the "guy who gets banned in chat for tlking aout how hard he can pee", because that's what you initially asked for. xD
EnderDurantI'm excited to see this game!! (Imma be my main lol)

I can attempt to make some sprites and stuff if you want, although I can't really say I will be able to do any specific number because real life xD

Alright, thanks for the help! I'll PM you when I'm ready for some sprites.
BestAnarchyHey so any second thoughts on me?
Edit: I could be the villan or something.

I've decided that you can be a playable character. Although, you could be unlocked by being beaten...
KnightIf you actually do start this at one point down the line, let me know and I'll make a few sprites for people I like

Noted, thanks!
Pokemon_ManiacCan I not be in it?

So, you're saying you don't want to be in it? If that's what you want.
Ren3DMJust to be clear I'm in the game right? You said i will and will i be a playable character? I'm looking forward to the game What would my ability be?

Yup, you're in. You can choose your skill if you want, but if you can't think of anything, I'm considering something along the lines of "berning" your enemy.
TheUSWinnerHey! Do you need help with any sprites? If so, I could help! I'm an over average animator who has alot of free time! I could help (wait I said that too much)! Either way, in you don't need help, could I be in the game? I make skins, I'm trying to be good enough to be part of this game, because this seems like a cool concept! please let me be here

Sure, you can help with the sprites if you want. Doing so will automatically seal you a spot in the game.
FurryInteresting idea.
Good choice on the members to represent the community in the game.
I'm sure there are lots of people who will be writing that they want in the game.
(Feel free to add me in. Here since the very beginning and 4k posts.)

I can help you via free hand drawings if you need it, but I really only draw anthropomorphic animals and dragons. Sorry, no sprites here D:

Good luck

EDIT: Saw you were looking for ingame music. I made a song piece for a game somebody was going to create a few years back but never ended up doing. It's relaxed techno. I'll grant you a CC BY Creative Commons license if you decide to use it for this project. (That means you can remix it or keep it the same, but you must provide credit to me.

Of course you're going to be in the game, Mr. 4001 Posts xD. I probably won't need any hand-drawn art, as most of it will be pixelated to keep with the PMC style, but as for the music, that'll be a great help when I get to that point. Thanks!
05/05/2016 3:46 am
Level 29 : Expert Birb
Auradyme
Rip, not here.
Cool idea though, depends how it's executed though.

"1. Do I know who you are? Who knows?
2. Are you very active in the PMC community? I guess
3. Are you new to PMC? Nope
4. Is your forum post count high? Maybe
5. Is your level high? Nope :/
6. Are you a chat frequenter?" Not really, I have other things to do IRL.
05/05/2016 3:50 am
yoda473
Update, just remembered I forgot the TheBatPanda.
05/05/2016 1:17 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
CoDoMoBoRoFoPoSoLoKo
:O You monster! (sarcasm)
05/05/2016 4:21 am
Level 39 : Artisan Ladybug
Xenoniuss
I like the idea, but as the person above me said it all depends on excecution ^^
This is one of those posts I have to check on once in a while.

And well, why not try to get in it aswell?
1. Do I know who you are? Probably not
2. Are you very active in the PMC community? I visit it every day/diamond stuff, however haven't posted anything latetely due to exams, something cool coming up tho C:
3. Are you new to PMC? Nope, been here atleast 3 years ^^ (2 months until 4 years)
4. Is your forum post count high? Define "high", but yeah, I'm not really a forum type of guy unless I see posts I am interested in...
5. Is your level high? 28 almost 29 is pretty decent, I think
6. Are you a chat frequenter? The chat on PMC quite dull, sometimes I go there but not often... ^^

The worst part is, you forgot Tiresh! The Columbia guy!
05/05/2016 4:40 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
05/05/2016 1:33 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Dragonborn
BestAnarchy
exited
05/05/2016 1:43 pm
Konrad
The Bern ability sounds interesting. That would be a lot of work with the animator if you are going to use an engine.
05/05/2016 3:44 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dolphin
EmeraldEclipse
This looks really cool, I can't wait to download it! I wish I could help, but I can't code, and I don't even know what sprites are. I suppose I could look around for some good music.. Anyway, I'll remain a cheerleader of the project!

I completely understand if you don't want to add me to the list, as I'm not too well-known and almost never upload, but I thought I might as well apply anyway. Only way to see if you can fly is jump off a cliff!...Or some less deadly height, like a parked car.

Do I know who you are?:
You might, you might not.

Are you very active in the PMC community?:
Sort of. I check the forums every other hour or so, and diamond skins and texture packs I like, though I don't upload much because of school and my MCSkin3D constantly crashing.

Are you new to PMC?:
I don't think so. I've been here a year now, I think.

Is your forum post count high?:
Idk, thats kinda relative. Like I said before, I check the forums a lot, and read a ton of posts, but I don't always answer. But for someone who really started participating on the forums a month or two ago, I don't think 334 posts is that bad.

Is your level high?:
Nope, still Journeyman.

Are you a chat frequenter?:
Haha, no. I never know what to say on there and I feel awkward so I leave after 30 seconds unless Tomato's there. Then I stay a whole two minutes to insult talk to him.
05/05/2016 5:39 pm
Level 25 : Expert Crafter
idk lol
Awesome! I've always been thinking of a PMC game, but I don't have any skills when it comes to coding games, so I'm extremely hyped about this game!

As Furry said, the members you chose seem so far to be a pretty good representation of the PMC community especially since I'm in it jk. I didn't see them on the list, but maybe you could add Leia_, Jordanw5432, Elijahfrog10, Master G, and S_Luke? They fit your requirements pretty well, although they are my friends, so I might have a kind of biased opinion.

I love coming up with ability things, so if you need any help with ideas, you can PM me if you want.
05/05/2016 5:56 pm
Sardonyx
I agree with adding those people
05/05/2016 6:06 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Warrior
lowkeyloki112
isnt planet minecraft the game... minecraft?
05/05/2016 6:12 pm
Konrad
Planet minecraft the game is going to be about the members of Planet Minecraft
05/05/2016 6:15 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Jas
I'm gooonna be, an NPC!
05/05/2016 7:23 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
Nyamaru
yoda473-snip-

Yes, I got a name change from Fateyu to nyamaru.
05/05/2016 7:26 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Archer
qwEArfzwsertgredtyhr
Cool!
05/05/2016 8:06 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
Yoda, you know me pretty well, where am I?
Anyway, cool idea.
05/05/2016 8:48 pm
Level 20 : Expert Skinner
SuperScorpion
I think you should really appear in this. You seem like a important member of the Pmc community.
05/05/2016 9:24 pm
JozyP
Thanks, I would agree, but... What makes you think I am?
05/05/2016 10:49 pm
SuperScorpion
Well to be honest your active in the community, your well-known (i think you are) and you seem to be a very friendly person,therefore i think you should be in the game
05/06/2016 3:07 am
JozyP
Ahhww, how nice!
05/05/2016 8:12 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Imposter
QUENTOPOLIS1
Hello again forums, long time no see. (Have I vere commented before?)

Anywho, I like the idea of this PMCG. And better yet, I've worked with the Flash and Unity softwares for a few years now. So I know my way around a coding a game!

I might be able to code something like, but it would be like a simulator, like the YT simulator out there. If you need me to code this for you, or help you, I'm glad to help!
05/05/2016 8:15 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Imposter
QUENTOPOLIS1
Oh, and if you do anything like this, I recommend getting some permissions from adims or other people to use the graphics and logos of PMC. They might be copyrighted!
05/05/2016 8:47 pm
JozyP
Yoda, listen to him. He is smart.
05/05/2016 8:23 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
If this game becomes a thing, I wanna appear. k thanks.

But seriously, I do like the idea.
05/05/2016 8:28 pm
Sardonyx
He should be in it
05/05/2016 8:45 pm
JozyP
You should both appear, you guys are super active.
05/05/2016 8:43 pm
SuperScorpion
Seems like a nice idea. I would like to appear.
05/05/2016 9:00 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
kuriimu
Would love to appear in the game! ;w;

duno if im worthy or famous enough tho
05/05/2016 9:55 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Goblin
Schnellnut
yoda473
Epyc_Pineapple
Click to reveal
Am I popular enough to be in the game?

Ren3DMCan i be in the game?

Both accepted.

I don't see myself on the list?
05/05/2016 10:52 pm
that2guy
Yeah if I'm in it, dont see why joseph shouldn't.
05/05/2016 11:19 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
So, quick question. We've had multiple iterations of PMC "games" attempted before, mainly TCGs, and they've flopped for numerous reasons. What's going to make your game different? How are you going to succeed where the others failed?

I just don't want there to be a big official motion after lots of difficult persuasion and effort for it to be procrastinated and forgotten about because, let's face it, it's mostly teenagers at the moment that are interested in assisting with its creation.

In other words, I think you need concrete prototypes and team members before requesting characters from other users. But then again, that's just my thoughts.

I like your idea, I just want to make sure you take the right steps. Make sure you've got your programmer/developer/code guy, your graphics team, audio team, writing team, debug team, everything you're gonna need to create the game, and then fill in the extraneous bits. One reason for that is, well, the more people you get involved too early, the harder the project is going to fall if it does.

Also, I'm flattered to have been on the original list of people.
05/07/2016 10:56 pm
yoda473
My apologies for the late reply. I was ill on Friday, and busy for most of Saturday.
I definitely see what you mean. I think I got way too ahead of myself in this, and hadn't even considered the consequences of hyping the community up before I had even started on it. I hadn't even acknowledged the possibility of this project dying before it had even begun. I expected a few replies within four days of posting this, but eight pages kind of blew me away.
Anyway, in light of this, I'll ask for some writers and character designers to speed things along, and I won't consider any more requests to appear in it until we get the first prototype of the game done. I'll still wait until my contest is over so I can fully focus on the game, but at least now I'll be a little more prepared.
05/07/2016 11:15 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
If you need writers in the form of story/content writers, I've attempted PMC-related things of this nature in the past (including a couple PMC parody songs), so I'd love to help if you need me. If not, that's fine as well.
05/05/2016 11:52 pm
that2guy
Yeah, having a concrete plan always helps. Less talk, more.. programming.
05/06/2016 4:12 am
Level 29 : Expert Birb
Auradyme
I was pretty active under my old username XYZDimensions I guess.
05/06/2016 8:55 am
JozyP
Agreed
You would come up once in a while.
05/07/2016 12:01 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024