"split screen" on a gaming pc

apguitarman6's Avatar apguitarman68/26/13 10:19 pm
8/26/2013 11:23 pm
Descripted's Avatar Descripted
Hello all,
After my previous post, asking the question whether I should buy a ps4 or a gaming pc for next generation gaming, everyone seemed to agree that pc was the way to go. So I'm ready to make the jump in to pc gaming, but there's one thing that's holding me back: split screen. I understand that split screen isn't available on pc like it is on a console, but is there any 3rd party software that can do this? I know there is software like SoftXpand, but that would require me using my laptop as a second monitor using something like Air display, which I'm pretty sure would generate a good bit of input lag (correct me if I'm wrong). So anyways, is there any more practical way to do local multiplayer gaming on a pc, as this is a fairly important aspect to me.
Thanks,
-apguitarman6
apguitarman6
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect