Thoughts on the Mac Pro?

MickMac123's Avatar MickMac1237/12/14 9:51 pm
1 emeralds 400 5
7/12/2014 11:34 pm
Killertoad's Avatar Killertoad
Heya Everyone, I was just wondering your thoughts on the Mac Pro, I have one and love it, but I am wondering what your opinion is. (I know it is expensive, but I don't want a custom build and I love apple.)

I have the quad-core, which can be seen here.
http://store.apple.com/au_smb_4860/buy-mac/mac-pro

Thanks.
~ Mick.
MickMac123
Level 1 : New Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Leeberator
07/12/2014 9:58 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
The design is certainly interesting (looks like a trash can, a stylish trash can), but you could build a much more powerful system for less (and install OSX and make the system a Hackintosh).

I'm also not convinced that the system cools all that well.
Killertoad
07/12/2014 11:22 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
It's not the best cooling, as in, I don't like the temperatures (all Mac's seem to run a bit hotter, from my experience), but it doesn't overheat.

They have a huge heatsink on the CPU and one big fan which pushes all the air right out of the top, like a smoke stack.

But, knowing the users of a Mac, who know nothing about a computer, would put something on top of it, like a stack of papers, or something, and that thing will heat up faster than a oven.
MickMac123
07/12/2014 11:31 pm
Level 1 : New Network
That was a very broad statement... I do agree that more people that have macs are unexperienced, but also there are large numbers of people that are very experienced with computers.
Killertoad
07/12/2014 11:34 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
I don't mean that as an insult, I mean more of the general use people, like those that work in an office, and only play on their smartphone/tablet, and don't worry about computers. I do agree that a large amount of Mac users know about computers, just I'm talking about most people that do buy Macs.
DrStrad
07/12/2014 9:53 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
Absolutely not worth the price, you're paying a multi thousand dollar premium for the OS. A custom build would serve a better purpose and have better value for thousands less.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome