What is the Best at Gaming?

MineCraftatron85's Avatar MineCraftatron852/28/13 4:38 pm
1 emeralds 314 9
2/28/2013 11:58 pm
sycoinc's Avatar sycoinc
This is a question that has been going around my head for a while.
What is the best desktop/laptop for gaming???

I really like to play video games but the problem is that my parents are cheap so they wouldn't update our tech. (This is not a rant on my parents)

~I have a Windows XP Desktop which can NOT run any game that I want.
~A Windows Vista Desktop and Laptop which can run Minecraft FAIRLY WELL but not good enough.

My main "Gaming Device" is the Windows Vista Desktop.
But I want to upgrade so what do you think is the best to run games?

Windows 8 Desktop/laptop? Well I was looking into the AlienWare category but tell me anything!

So answer this! What do you think is the best Gaming Desktop AND Laptop??? Tell me both laptop and desktop if you have two!!!

Okay! I have read all the replies and THANK YOU FOR HELPING!!! People said AlienWare was bad (In the real world) but I wasn't sure. But hearing it from all you minecraftians and gamers really helped. I'll try my best to buy/build/buy a pre-built Desktop! Again thank you for the help! I appreciate it.
MineCraftatron85
Level 42 : Master Droid

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/28/2013 11:58 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
sycoinc
I have an Alienware m17x and its great BUT it is really costly and after 2 years is outdated and well very hard to upgrade if you dont know how..

your best option depending on your budget is to custom build a PC, do your research and look into it..

Although there are some nice companies and websites out there who offer gaming pcs build up by their recomendations for under $1500, the entry level price for alienware

Alienware is nice but you pay more for the name and look of the hardware in it

Also go windows 7 for gaming, its supported for a long time and basically is the next XP... windows 8 currently is not too great imo
02/28/2013 11:11 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer
Zemor
Ian The OreoFor desktops, Cyberpower and IBUYPOWER are good brands, and offer a lot of PC's for casual gamers and competitive.

CyberPower does have relatively good prices. I recently got a new desktop from them, and while it runs games extremely well, I would still have rather built my own this time. Will definitely build a new rig eventually.
02/28/2013 11:03 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Architect
Ian The Oreo
For desktops, Cyberpower and IBUYPOWER are good brands, and offer a lot of PC's for casual gamers and competitive. If your father is a white republican, you can get a $2k Falcon Northwest which are the best computers ever hands-down.

I got an IBUYPOWER desktop for $500, runs everything from Tribes: Ascend to Minecraft to Battlefield.

If you want a laptop, be weary that they go obsolete fast, so as long as you don't expect to play the newest Elder Scrolls in two years, get an Alienware laptop.
02/28/2013 9:40 pm
Level 24 : Expert Artist
Kittle
If you're looking for a PC only to game, go for a desktop, otherwise you'll spend the same amount of money for a laptop that's gonna be barely as good as a desktop would be. As others said, screw Alienware, if you have the knowledge, patience and courage to build your own PC, go ahead! Otherwise, there are some good custom PC building websites out there. I suggest you go for Windows 7!

But remember, there's a first to everything, I recently built my first PC, it was a bit of work getting to learn how PCs are made and work and so on, but you'll see, you'll understand PCs so much more if you build it yourself. There are guides on Youtube anyway, I personally followed Newegg's one. Very nice detailed guide divided in 3 parts. Here's the first part : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw

Just make sure you put quite a bit of research if you build it yourself!

Good luck to you, mate!
02/28/2013 9:32 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
Nakudan
If you want ive searched for the so called Best Gaming Laptops and got these reviews
http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/29/39093 ... op-reviews
02/28/2013 9:07 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
Rockstargman14
a dell is really good
02/28/2013 9:04 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
Nakudan
Well you can always get a laptop with Nvidia Optimus Technology due to it having a high graphics chip and fast processing abilities than run graphics smoothly but i should know much about it due to me having to use a Intel Graphics processor which isnt a dedicated graphics card so ill just straight line this for you and ill tell you that you can get almost any computer that has either an AMD or Nvidia graphics processor in it
02/28/2013 4:50 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer
Zemor
NEVER GET ALIENWARE.

EVER.

If you aren't quite ready to build your own yet- get a prebuilt but upgrade certain parts as you go along.
02/28/2013 4:43 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
GrizzlyAmish
NO!! No no no no no no no AlienWare! STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!!

The best gaming anything will always be a desktop.
And even when you build one, it'll be "outdated" in a month, but that shouldn't stop you from building something awesome.

Always build your own. This way you can always buy the best parts that are on the market as well as easily upgrade in the future.

However, if you want an awesome gaming laptop, then look at the Razer Blade
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome