What's the worst videogame of 2015?

AnimeFanFTW's Avatar AnimeFanFTW12/6/15 9:53 pm
1 emeralds 5.5k 89
4/14/2016 4:59 am
brostermedia's Avatar brostermedia
Lately, we've all been talking about the best games of 2015, what with the Game Awards happening.

But what about the real stinkers?

What do you think was the worst videogame of 2015?
AnimeFanFTW
Forum Moderator
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/14/2016 4:59 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
brostermedia
game: i dunno, never really played any new games.

fandom: UN-DER-TALE
04/14/2016 4:16 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Ludicrous
To be fair, Black Ops 3 was one of the actually okay-ish shooters actually released in 2015 if you think about it. Other than that and Rainbow Six Siege, theres no other good shooters that came out in 2015.

I mean you can't really count The Division and Overwatch because those were just beta then.
04/14/2016 4:26 am
AnimeFanFTW
Just gonna leave this here.

04/14/2016 4:40 am
Ludicrous
I completely forgot that existed.

o:
04/14/2016 4:24 am
Level 1 : New Network
AncientRealms
True, I hated Bo3 at first because you would get 2 hit when you spawned and ran around a corner, I couldnt shoot anyone because they'd lock on to me. As soon as i found out that there was 2 aimbots built into the game i was always #1.

Also played soem RSS, That was pretty awesome.

PS - Both on my Brothers PS4 ;D
04/14/2016 1:44 am
Level 22 : Expert Network
YTCereal
Call of duty Ghosts
Call of duty Advance Warfare
Call of duty Black ops 3
Battlefield 4
04/14/2016 1:03 am
Level 1 : New Miner
miningminermine
yip, black ops 3 ^
03/28/2016 12:53 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
Black Ops 3, it was too much like Advanced Warfare.

Minecraft Story mode.................................................................................. Really?

I played the Beta and the Alpha for Battlefront 3 (Yes THREE!) the game play was awesome and amazing graphics and sound. The released game, well it's another EA game... Minimal levels and maximum DLCs.

Is FNAF still a thing? Phew glad that is over...
03/28/2016 12:14 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
FNAF has to take it for me. Don't like the design and the community sealed the coffin for me.

Undertale itself I don't mind so much as the segment of the community that makes me really shake my head and wonder 'why?"
03/27/2016 11:23 pm
AnimeFanFTW
@that2guy, let people hate it if they want. If they don't like it, that's that.
03/27/2016 11:25 pm
Level 48 : Master Nerd
that2guy
But pointing out stupidity fills me with determination. :3

Haha yeah I guess.
03/27/2016 11:09 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Goblin
Schnellnut
I fully agree with that2guy.
03/27/2016 10:45 pm
Level 48 : Master Nerd
that2guy
So I see a couple themes in this thread, mainly FNAF and Undertale. I actually don't mind fnaf, i beat the first one but didnt touch the others. But Undertale is in my top 3 games of all time, and i need to point out somethings I dont agree with here:

All the hate comments for Undertale are nice and compiled right here:
Click to reveal
"I personally did not enjoy Undertale. As an art student and animator, much of the animation was noticeably very lazy, the character designs were boring at best and while I appreciate it being different, the fandom's obsession of it being so are getting annoying."

"I feel like fan-cult games (like Five Nights at Freddy's[ie's?], Slender, or Undertale) are definitely among the lower-tier games."

"The story is confusing (and not in a good way), the characters aren't memorable, and the gameplay is just boring"

"Undertale; the most hyped up, unimpressive game of the year. I could band together 3 random members from PMC and make a better game. The only redeeming quality is the soundtrack."

"I can't help but agree with both of you. I don't get the story AT ALL. It was actually looking okay before they added in the whole "the characters remember your loading points!" thing, but then they had to go and mess it up.

But the characters. Oh my goodness, the characters. PAPYRUS ESPECIALLY!"

"well said, Undertale is one of the worst games ive seen, man it looks something from the 1990's or something..."

I will quote sections of these comments and defend against them:

"much of the animation was noticeably very lazy" and "man it looks something from the 1990's or something..."

Well, the reason the graphics are so pixelated is because the games creator Toby Fox liked Earthbound and thought to make a game like it, and if the animations were any better it wouldnt fit the graphic style.

"the character designs were boring at best" and "the characters aren't memorable"

You're playing it wrong :/. The game's characters are actually really nice, and maybe you don't get this kind of game style. COD is more your style.

"But the characters. Oh my goodness, the characters. PAPYRUS ESPECIALLY!"
^^ Agreed mate.

"...fandom's obsession of it being so are getting annoying" and "I feel like fan-cult games... Undertale are definitely among the lower-tier games."

Okay it's not good to treat a game with such disrespect due to the 10 year olds out there who praise it. Also, minecraft has that same problem. No game out there is safe.

"The story is confusing (and not in a good way)" and "I don't get the story AT ALL. It was actually looking okay before they added in the whole "the characters remember your loading points!" thing, but then they had to go and mess it up."

If you pay attention and actually read everything in game (and play the true pacifist then the genocide routes) then everything comes together quite nicely. Also only Flowey remembers the different timelines you've created by loading up the game w/out saving.

"the gameplay is just boring"

I'm guessing you mean the battle mechanics? What exactly makes it boring?

"Undertale; the most hyped up, unimpressive game of the year. I could band together 3 random members from PMC and make a better game. The only redeeming quality is the soundtrack."

What's so bad about it? Also judging by the people on this site you'd have to be picky about who you work with. Soundtrack's second to the story IMO.

tl;dr Undertale is great IMO and many people's complaints aren't that justified :/

EDIT: Grammar, since that'd be the only response I would get if it was still there.

Side note: I love Undertale thanks to it's story, music & humor )
03/27/2016 9:56 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
StingerPlayz
FNAF 3

No point to the game...
Has nothing to do with story
03/27/2016 9:42 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Spy Snake
I'd say FNAF 3 and FNAF World cause I just couldn't get with those and it felt like Scott was milking the franchise dry so he could make more money off of it.

(Also, why all the Undertale hate ;w;)
03/27/2016 6:29 pm
Level 44 : Master Architect
Lachie1770
Ill agree with u on FNAF 3, But you cant really pick on FNAF world cause its a free to play for all...

Also the reason undertale is hated is well for one, The Game looks ugly, the characters are ugly and weird, And last but not least the fandom is 100 times worse then FNAF....
03/27/2016 10:05 am
AnimeFanFTW
FNAF World is a 2016 release.

That's 3 now. ;u;
03/27/2016 8:08 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Modder
Chickens4Life
If this was worst game of 2016 so far, then i would say undertale, anyways personal i like the fnaf series but 3 just lost me sure it gave more of the story but it just didnt feel like it was good anymore too much withered animtronics if you ask me. But yea 2016 so far: Undertale 2015: Fnaf 3
03/27/2016 8:19 am
AnimeFanFTW
Umm...Undertale was also released in 2015...

That's 2 people that got the year a game was released wrong...
03/27/2016 8:30 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Modder
Chickens4Life
Well... shows how much i pay attention to release dates XD
03/27/2016 8:10 am
Lachie1770
well said, Undertale is one of the worst games ive seen, man it looks something from the 1990's or something...
03/27/2016 8:25 am
AnimeFanFTW
By your logic, all games from the 90's look bad.

Oh, how wrong you are.
03/27/2016 6:21 pm
Lachie1770
Nah you have to wait till 2003-2004 or whenever Simcity 4 came out, that is the only old game that still looks pretty good... Which is funny cause it looked better than underfail i mean tale....
04/14/2016 4:27 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
ICEThat
Only good old game? Have you paid any attention to games like Freelancer (2003), and the Battlezone games (1998+)? They are still getting their fare share of attention even now!

http://discoverygc.com/forums/portal.php
http://www.rebellion.co.uk/games/battlezone-98-redux (Remake of the original game, coming with plenty of hype)
03/27/2016 7:44 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Howdoimeme123
Fnaf world (nuff said)

Ok full explanation, fnaf 1 was kinda decent i guess, it brought something new to the horror gaming franchise (point clicking), Then Scott Cawthon rushed the second game, and 3rd and 4th (also the fanbase became pretty annoying), He started beating the dead horse. Then he announced fnaf world, and i looked at the gameplay, it was a total ripoff of the Final fantasy series, and by that time the fanbase of the game was just a bunch of stupid squeakers (one even wanted to cancel fallout 4), so yes, if you ask me what's the worst game of 2015, i would say fnaf world.
03/27/2016 8:04 am
AnimeFanFTW
How is FNAF World a ripoff of Final Fantasy? It's got nothing to do with Final Fantasy. It's called an RPG for a reason. xD

I also wouldn't say FNAF World the worst game of 2015, because 1. It's now free, so it's not like people are getting ripped off. and 2. FNAF World was released in 2016, not 2015.
03/27/2016 2:26 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Howdoimeme123
First off i'm really sorry for the mistakes i made xD, second when i saw the fight scenes and getting into random fights does remind me of final fantasy. Third it was released in very early 2016(and i didn't do much research on the game, as i really hated the fanbase and the games at that point, and didn't want to waste my time on it) so i thought it was 2015, again i am sorry and if you find a place in your heart to forgive me, i would appreciate it xD.
03/27/2016 9:36 pm
AnimeFanFTW
I don't hate you, I was just pointing things out. Doing a bit of research can go a long way. xD
12/08/2015 8:05 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Ranger
SkytechCEO
Try, The Order of 1886, Godzilla, or any other game from this list:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRkDpJq0dco
12/08/2015 7:43 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Prince
Prince Oceanus
The FNAF franchise...the last three games were atrocious. Gameplay was literally just jumpscares that you got used to and could figure out the patterns for. Plus you had two AA batteries worth of power, which was unnecessary. I mean, really, I doubt the the whole pizza parlor really has that small of a power generator. Also, haunted animatronics? Children killed in the restaurant? No wonder they barely get any business! Also, news flash: adding variants of animatronics that have moth-eaten fabric on them doesn't make them scary. If anything, it just puts more holes that poorly-written plot has, imo. Plushes aren't scary, either. We've learned that from Sonic creepypastas. The fanbase, while not entirely bad, found ways to make Rule 34 of it, which is disgusting. They also took over pretty much any area where you can make maps, playermodels, etc. Again, it's not that the entire fanbase is bad, it's just that a lot of them (just like in the MC fanbase) are younger kids who just have big britches about the whole thing. I mean, I get that it's a scary game, but posting a video of it on YouTube just makes the game a huge joke.

That's what I have to say.
12/08/2015 7:22 pm
Level 40 : Master Goblin
Dajj
oh Man because of minecraft story Mode i can actaully say minecraft is the Worst game and it still has Bad grafics
12/08/2015 6:58 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
Skeltal
When you think about it,Guitar Hero Live is kind of lackluster. It's basically Guitar Hero with recorded crowd footage.

FANTASTIC AMAZING NEXT GEN
12/08/2015 7:21 am
AnimeFanFTW
Ludicrous
On a side note, Minecraft Story Mode. No, just no. Minecraft and Telltale could have done way better without that game. Seariously. Just not a fan of it. Vanilla Minecraft and narratives just don't mix well enough to merit it's own game.

OMG, THIS A THOUSAND TIMES

Minecraft did not need this AT ALL.
12/08/2015 5:39 am
Level 29 : Expert Birb
Auradyme
Azie
skillet4eva...in this case I'm not taking it as a joke. P.S. I edited the post anyway so feel free to see what was written in place. And I really hate it when people nitpick when I don't recognise 'jokes' it's quite rude towards me.

If I was going to nitpick, I would have written you an essay.

The .gif was a joke. Lighten up. lol

Ikr?
12/08/2015 4:28 am
Level 40 : Master Mountaineer
COOPERx223x
Gonna risk some angry fan boy replies and say Black Ops 3. I haven't played campaign much since I don't own or myself, but multiplayer is the same as its been since Modern Warfare 2 and it feels so stagnant and repetitive.
12/08/2015 1:59 am
AnimeFanFTW
vinyl-rippJust Cause 3.

Why? Just cause.

dat pun tho

12/08/2015 1:56 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
skillet4eva...in this case I'm not taking it as a joke. P.S. I edited the post anyway so feel free to see what was written in place. And I really hate it when people nitpick when I don't recognise 'jokes' it's quite rude towards me.

If I was going to nitpick, I would have written you an essay.

The .gif was a joke. Lighten up. lol
12/08/2015 1:17 am
Level 45 : Master Princess
vinyl-ripp
Just Cause 3.

Why? Just cause.

No seriously though once you played around with the grappling hook, parachutes, wing suit and driving vehicles (that don't even feel great to drive anyways) the game gets incredibly repetitive and boring.

Edit* Fifa 16 hands down best game of 2015.
12/08/2015 1:11 am
Level 23 : Expert Nerd
logan2971
The tape...
12/08/2015 1:10 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash
Undertale; the most hyped up, unimpressive game of the year. I could band together 3 random members from PMC and make a better game. The only redeeming quality is the soundtrack.
12/08/2015 1:24 am
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
Challenge accepted! Let's do this!
12/08/2015 6:34 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
I second that! I'm good enough with gamemaker to be able to contribute!
12/08/2015 12:54 am
Level 32 : Artisan Vampire
LadySpiderwick
Azie
skillet4eva
Dajjworst game was minecraft bad grafics

Do you realise that minecraft is MEANT to be pixely blocks and squares and not fancy like AAA games? Or does every game have to be all top notch real life looking? Because if that's the case that's a stupid idea to make every game look real. There's decent pixel style games that convey their story just as good.

...in this case I'm not taking it as a joke. P.S. I edited the post anyway so feel free to see what was written in place. And I really hate it when people nitpick when I don't recognise 'jokes' it's quite rude towards me.
12/08/2015 12:47 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
skillet4eva
Dajjworst game was minecraft bad grafics

Do you realise that minecraft is MEANT to be pixely blocks and squares and not fancy like AAA games? Or does every game have to be all top notch real life looking? Because if that's the case that's a stupid idea to make every game look real. There's decent pixel style games that convey their story just as good.

12/07/2015 11:38 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Fox
Jordanw5432
Hmm... I haven't really played a lot of video games from 2015, surprisingly. However, I guess I got to go with Undertale. I would've said Until Dawn or something like that, but Undertale is just something else. The story is confusing (and not in a good way), the characters aren't memorable, and the gameplay is just boring. However, I will give it credit. It is quite different from most games, and unlike the previously mentioned Until Dawn, most (if not all) decisions actually matter and effect the gameplay leading you to one ending or another.
12/08/2015 7:08 am
Ludicrous
Well, I can understand your views on this. But one thing in particular is very wrong (Sorry). Characters thats not memorable? Whoa there. I'm no huge Undertale fan or anything, but if its one of the only things I liked about Undertale is the characters (the other being the soundrack even if most people say its just repetitive garbage, hey, you got your views). The most of the characters are completely memorable, each having certain aspects that makes them stick to our heads.

I mean maybe you're just not a fan of the characters at all or just really don't find them memorable, but thats just my short opinion on what you said.

yeah.

----------------------

On a side note, Minecraft Story Mode. No, just no. Minecraft and Telltale could have done way better without that game. Seariously. Just not a fan of it. Vanilla Minecraft and narratives just don't mix well enough to merit it's own game.
12/08/2015 7:13 am
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Anxiety Opossum
^This.

Thiiiiiiiiis.

Also, to the original poster of this response, have you actually played the game? It's hilarious.
12/08/2015 8:18 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Princess
Havingfun_ISKEY
I can't help but agree with both of you. I don't get the story AT ALL. It was actually looking okay before they added in the whole "the characters remember your loading points!" thing, but then they had to go and mess it up.

But the characters. Oh my goodness, the characters. PAPYRUS ESPECIALLY!
12/07/2015 9:28 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Crafter
sodacova
Star Wars: Battlefront.

Definitely worst game of 2015.
12/07/2015 10:48 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
PixelCrash_
Slightly disappointing? Probably. Lacking in content? Yes. Offering DLC and season passes at outrageous prices? Definitely.

As terrible as the business practices of EA are, Star Wars Battlefront is not a bad game and certainly not the worst of the year.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome