What Do You Think About LEGO MC?

Dragon_Hunter_II's Avatar Dragon_Hunter_II12/13/15 10:36 pm
12/19/2015 10:04 pm
bytesize's Avatar bytesize
What are your thoughts and opinions on LEGO Minecraft?
Dragon_Hunter_II
Level 36 : Artisan Blacksmith

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/19/2015 10:04 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
bytesize
I think it's a bit silly, I mean, minecraft is good as a game yeah. And lego is good as lego. But when they mix these two together it just makes lego look cheap and the builds, like lego kits you can get are really not that good. If there were some really awesome lego minecraft builds I'd be more interested but the fact that it's so limited at the moment really puts me off it.
It does have potential though
12/19/2015 8:17 pm
Level 20 : Expert Button Pusher
MinoOtter
As soon as I first bought/played minecraft I knew it was going to end up as a lego set. The main reason of minecraft really is to create and explore but lego when you buy it , it wants you to build along the guidelines they give you . They are quite opposite when you think about it but in texture they are quite alike that's why I thought they would combine. I don't like lego too much when you build the sets but think it is quite cool when you make whatever you want. I really just agree with all that BananaInCharge said.
12/19/2015 9:15 pm
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher
yoda473
I've said this before on this thread and I'm going to say it again: LEGO INSPIRES CREATIVITY. Sure, most of the latest sets give you stickers and tell you to build a certain thing in a certain way, which is really annoying, but Lego Minecraft specifically tells you to do things your own way. Each instruction booklet for each minifigure-scale set gives you an alternate thing to build, and on the back of each box, in Minecraft-style font and six different languages, it literally tells you, "Build your own creations". The micro-world sets let you pull the world apart and rearrange it. So yeah, while the common Lego sets are fixed, Lego Minecraft sets aren't.
12/19/2015 11:19 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
Lets put it this way. All kids under age 12 that I know know what minecraft is, and 70% of them play it a lot.

However, out of all those maybe 20-30% know what star wars is, and fewer are actually as interested in it as they are in minecraft.

I'm definitely not saying lego is going bankrupt, especially not since they are now having lego sets designed for adults (giant, expensive and whatnot).

However, I can imagine that they want to grow and to keep growing. Investing in minecraft-themes will be a very strong boost for them, since kids that might otherwise not be as interested in lego anymore (since they spend most of their time in minecraft) might buy those sets (or have their parents buy them more like), because its something they like and know well, but then physical.
12/19/2015 7:36 pm
yoda473
Yeah, I agree with that, but I'm pretty sure more than 30% of under-12s know what Star Wars is. You are definitely right in saying there are less than 20% that are actually into it, though. It's strange, with most games, the target audience gets older, and the game or its series gets progressively more mature. Just look at the latest CoD game: it's gone from MA15+ to R18+. Even the Lego Group are producing more and more sets for AFOLs: Architecture, Technic, Star Wars UCS, and business-intended Serious Play. But with Minecraft, and especially once Notch stepped down from lead dev, it seems to have been marketed towards young children.
Also, I'd just like to say, I'm surprised this topic has only just arisen on the internet. The first four "Micro-World" sets (2011-2014) seemed to be nonexistent to people that didn't deliberately go and look that up (like me).
12/16/2015 1:25 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
Dr_prof_Luigi
The Lego MMO didn't do so hot either, both are good, but are on different plains. Minecraft is a fantastic concept on the digital plain, whereas Lego is great in the physical plain, they just don't do good switched up, despite being so similar.
12/16/2015 4:24 am
Level 36 : Artisan Procrastinator
VoxelBlox
A little off topic, but I really do miss that game. It seems only yesterday when I was trying to contact customer support because something in the game wasn't opening for me when it was supposed to. I also loved the idea of building your own home, and spaceship and stuff. I wish it could be brought back, I would pay big money to play it just one more time.
12/16/2015 4:48 am
yoda473
Yeah, those were the days. They shut down because nobody actually bought the game, which sucks, but is fair enough.
12/18/2015 11:29 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blacksmith
Dragon_Hunter_II
Yeah I really liked that game, was disappointed when they shut it down
12/16/2015 12:51 am
yoda473
IvainIts more like Lego needs to be assisted by minecraft. The latest generation of kids is not as interested in Star Wars

Are you implying that Star Wars Lego is for kids? I'd like to see a ten-year-old building the UCS TIE Fighter (it actually says 16+ on the box)

Glok4I think they are pretty good sets. I think it must be hard to design those sets so they did a good job. However I don't think they include enough figures in most of the sets. Also before anyone else posts the plural of Lego is Lego not Legos get it right or I will personally get slightly annoyed at you.

Yeah, I hate it when people do that. You'll note that the spelling check on this forum says "Lego" is a word, but that "Legos" isn't.

BananaInChargeThe toys look awful, they don't give much freedom in creation which is the entire point of the actual game!

Since when did Lego restrict freedom in creativity? You can literally pull it apart into tiny little bits and recreate it into something completely different.
...Unless you mean the non-Lego toys restrict freedom in creativity, which in that case, I totally agree!

Sorry if I raged a bit, I just really like Lego.
12/14/2015 11:36 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
Its more like Lego needs to be assisted by minecraft. The latest generation of kids is not as interested in Star Wars (one of lego's biggest success deals), and is a lot more interested in Minecraft. So they bring out that popular franchise so kids have something new to pester their parents about getting for christmas (and yes, it does often happen this way. I actually dropped constant strong hints (close to nagging) to my parents between realizing that santa wasn't real and growing up enough to not really want tons of toys anymore)
12/15/2015 10:57 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
irritatedCat
Wow, I didn't actually think about it that way. But it's not like Lego is going bankrupt. Or are they? I don't know.
12/15/2015 11:18 pm
Glok4
They are actually the most popular toy in the world. I really don't think Lego needs Minecraft's help they have enough other themes like DC, Marvel and Doctor Who. I think they can just make more money that way. And there are actually a lot less Mimecraft sets than most themes. Also how are kids not interested in Star Wars?
12/14/2015 11:19 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Skinner
Tibermus Mercaigus
I do believe that BananaInCharge has summed up what I was going to say and more.

Honestly though, Minecraft doesn't need to be assisted by Lego, although both of these things are favorites for me, they really don't need to be combined. They're good on their own.
12/14/2015 10:53 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
BananaInCharge
I honestly don't like the idea, but then again I am kinda outgrowing the game and I've played it to death.

When I see anybody wearing Minecraft merchandise or talking about it in the real world, I cringe so hard. I love the game, the game is great there is no denying that but when people are way too obsessed with it, it is just cringey as hell.

Minecraft doesn't need to be brought into the living world, the fact that there are Minecraft books is bad enough. It isn't like the game is struggling, even with the free updates that a lot of other games don't do, Minecraft is still a game that has brought in so much money, there is no need to branch out to the physical games world.

Just look at the stats for the game sales and tell me that Minecraft really needed LEGO toys https://minecraft.net/stats

The toys look awful, they don't give much freedom in creation which is the entire point of the actual game! Not to mention, as the toys are LEGO they cost more than the game itself in most cases.

I like LEGO as a company and a product, I also like Minecraft as a computer game. I do not like them together, it is not a combination that needed to happen.
12/13/2015 11:18 pm
Glok4
I think they are pretty good sets. I think it must be hard to design those sets so they did a good job. However I don't think they include enough figures in most of the sets. Also before anyone else posts the plural of Lego is Lego not Legos get it right or I will personally get slightly annoyed at you.
12/13/2015 11:07 pm
Level 24 : Expert Scribe
Travis
I like legos and minecraft both, but I'm going to say what I say about minecraft merchendice. They don't go together well, at least for me. I personally don't like the look of the minercaft legos (compared to minecraft, or normal legos)

Alternative? Just play minecraft it is legos.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome