Whats my mouse (also i need a new mouse lets help me look)

Karrfis's Avatar Karrfis6/18/16 1:11 pm
6/18/2016 4:46 pm
Sergeant Sarcasm's Avatar Sergeant Sarcasm
I dont know what sort of mouse this is, i swear i have been running with it for about 5 years and i feel it is gradfually coming to the end if its life,

this is my mouse, idk what sort it is or where i came form, it has just been in the family for a long time, my dad used it before me and i used it and still use it now, it has spent a year in a damp shed and a year in a damp loft and it still works, (these times were before i owned it)

as it is coming to the end of its life i am looking for a new mouse to use, but i'd be interetsed if i were to be able to get ahold of another of of these, its one of my most comfy ones i have used and would like to get another similar.

i'd prefer not to get any razer mice, from experience they die quickly
Karrfis
Site Moderator
Level 34 : Artisan Birb

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/18/2016 4:46 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Lumberjack
Sergeant Sarcasm
Oh yeah that's a problem then. I would go with one of the mice you listed then, probably the Raptor.
06/18/2016 4:38 pm
Karrfis
its supposed to be cheap, i have £40 to live on for the entire summer :/
06/18/2016 4:29 pm
Sergeant Sarcasm
I would go with Lee's suggestion, your mice seem to be pretty cheap and well rated but by my experience, typically if you just pay a bit more for something with less bling the payoff tends to be a bit better. When something looks great but is really cheap, I tend not to trust that stuff. For instance, my brother got this cheap and attractive Sharkk gaming mouse that was on sale, he went through maybe 5 of them. I really don't know why he hasn't moved away from the brand yet, most of the very little money that was put into the mouse in production went towards aesthetics.
06/18/2016 3:52 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
I used this mouse before, and it's pretty great for the money. It has an Avago 3090 sensor, which is considered to be one of the best sensors on the market. The only problem I had with it was the scroll wheel, which doesn't have very defined "clicks" as you scroll.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Perixx-MX-1800 ... xx+mx+1800
06/18/2016 3:40 pm
Karrfis
i really do not have the money to go for any of them right now, tbh i would sya i can only really go up to £15 for a mouse

currently im looking and i am interested in

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Redragon-CENTR ... ords=Mouse

and

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet-RAPTOR ... ords=Mouse

i mean im no mouse expert, i have had this mouse i currently had and two castoff deathadders from my cousin, both broke within a month of me owning them, this emans i have like no experience in shopping for computer mice and dunno what on earth i need to look for

tbh rn im looking at once that look nice, are a nice colour and not too many buttons, max buttons, left right click, scroll wheel, forward back button on side, im not interested in thousand sof buttons on a mosue i'll keep knocking them
06/18/2016 3:20 pm
Sergeant Sarcasm
Well if you really like your mouse and just want to get a new one, you could get the same one for about $35 on Amazon. The Roccat Tyon is about $90 right now, though sometimes it goes down to $70. The G502 is also about $90, but I feel like that really took quite a price hike because when I was looking at it when i was getting my Roccat, it was definitely not that high. So dismissing the really expensive ones, one of my friends uses the G602 which is $45 right now and he loves it. And then there is the one you have now, which you could just get a new one and stick with it if you are satisfied with it. And considering you have had it for this long, you can vouch for its durability.

If you don't go with any of these options though, I personally recommend sticking to Logitech for mice if you want to stay cheap and with great quality. They do have a bunch of really expensive mice, but their cheap gaming mice are still quite good. I have also had nothing but good experiences with them when it comes to mice.
06/18/2016 3:08 pm
Karrfis
wow ok my mouse is 11 years old dam xD

so if i were to get a new mouse, what would people recommend? im not a man of much money, but i would like one i can use for a while (maybe another 11 years )

it doesnt need to be complex, i dont bind thousands of thngs to my mosue, thats what my keyboard is for...even when i play mmos
06/18/2016 2:21 pm
Leeberator
Sergeant SarcasmThere is also another cheaper mouse by Logitech, people seem to love it. It's the Logitech G502, has some custom buttons for macros and what not, on the fly sensitivity changing, all that cool stuff.

I have the RGB version of the G502. It's pretty great!
06/18/2016 2:20 pm
Sergeant Sarcasm
The mouse in the picture is the Logitech MX518, and apparently those dents are part of the design. Every product picture I've seen of it has those and it just seems kinda weird to me. Anyway, if you don't mind spending some money, I got the Roccat Tyon. It's got lots of buttons, including an analog flipper for fine flying controls. It's a great mouse, very comfy, I recommend it. There is also another cheaper mouse by Logitech, people seem to love it. It's the Logitech G502, has some custom buttons for macros and what not, on the fly sensitivity changing, all that cool stuff.
06/18/2016 2:12 pm
Leeberator
I feel like I've seen this particular mouse before. Did you post a thread here asking people to show what PC part they've had for the longest time, or was that something I saw on Facebook?

Also, it's a Logitech MX 518. I thought the dents were damage, but it looks like Logitech designed it like that on purpose to attract attention at things like LAN parties.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome