Will This Laptop Allow Me To Play Minecraft while Recording?

_Gman_'s Avatar _Gman_7/28/13 3:01 pm
1 emeralds 624 7
7/29/2013 12:06 am
_Gman_'s Avatar _Gman_
Hi Guys,

My Macbook Air, with only 2GB RAM has recently 'died' (I dropped it while walking upstairs...). I've been looking for a new computer for a while, but now that I do not have a computer at all I need one to be able to help people out on my relatively new minecraft server. Anyways, on that laptop I would always have to be on 'Fast' graphics, Short or Tiny Render distance, and Particles/Fog off for smooth gameplay. I was very excited to start recording videos on my YouTube channel, but as soon as I started recording my screen, with ALL of the graphics on the lowest setting possible.. I never even hit 15 Frames per Second. The recordings were so laggy that I had to remove most of them. This also ate up my battery immensely! Now, I do have one video for my server that I decided to post anyway. It got a good amount of views since I bough the Youtube Featured Video thing, but the FPS was really bad and made the video look less proffesional.

You can see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXJb85_C-kA

Well, sorry for rambling, but I've been looking for a good Gaming laptop (Yes, it HAS to be a Laptop) and I came up with an ASUS one. My brother has a cheaper ASUS that doesn't run Minecraft very well, around 15 FPS at max settings, but over 100 at minimum. This seems good, but he never records or Skypes other people while playing, so I can see why his FPS would be higher. My price range is anything below $1100, since I have $1170 in my Paypal and I want to ensure that I can pay my server host for next month

You can see the specs of the computer I have my eye on here:
http://www.microcenter.com/product/415320/N550JV-DB72T_156_Laptop_Computer_-_Grey_Aluminum#tab-reviews
Yes, I will download Optifine.
Yes, I will close all unnecessary programs while recording.
I would like to be able to record on the Max settings of Minecraft with at least 30 FPS.
Any tips / recommendations for other laptops that would fit my price range would be amazing, or if you could just tell me if this computer will fit my needs, that would be great too.

Thanks for reading this, please give me all of your thoughts!

~Gman
_Gman_
Level 10 : Journeyman Archer