Are raids in Minecraft considered "boss fights" ?

Casvegas's Avatar Casvegas11/25/23 10:08 am
11/25/2023 5:41 pm
ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser
It bothered me for quire sometime, the boss fight situation in the game, nether and end diemnsion have their bosses, but overwold doesn't.

I guess I decided to breath copium and say "oh raids also have health bars so that means that they are boss fights" but I am curious as to what playerbase's opinion is.
Casvegas
Level 30 : Artisan Chef

Create an account or sign in to comment.

ScotsMiser
11/25/2023 5:41 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Miner
I wouldn't consider anything in MC a 'boss fight' (with the possible exception of the initial dragon*) in the traditonal sense.

The wither needs to be spawned by the player, which means one can control when and where the fight occurs… which makes these 'fights' only as 'hard' as the player chooses to make them.

For any dragon after the first (while one cannot choose the place), one can prepare the area (which has much the same effect) and choose the time.\; effectively th e same situation.

The nearest equvalent to a 'level defeated' battle I ccan think of would be building a guardian farm [​Note, not beating the elders.] because this provides an infinite source of food, light sources, and blocks. While it will not fill all the resource needs (lackiing iron, gold, leather, etc.) it does pass those three resource 'gates' in the game progression.

*For the first dragon, one faces an unknown area that cannot be prepped, limited supplies, and no line of retreat. These might be enough to qualify, however defeating the initial fragon is not the end of the level, but the gate that unlocks access to the new level which is nearly the reverse of how the term is usually employed [​to denote the final fight to finish a level / game.]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome