[Poll] Is Australia too Americanised?

Halorules555's Avatar Halorules5553/7/16 2:51 am
3/10/2016 5:04 am
Dynit's Avatar Dynit
I'm doing a multi-modal presentation in English arguing that Australia is too Americanised. So I though it would be interesting what other Australians think about this topic. Are we becoming America's little brother?
Halorules555
Level 26 : Expert Zombie

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/10/2016 3:31 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
Lachie1770
A Common Shrew
Azie
Lachie1770Well American stuff is better then most other stuff that comes into Australia.. They brought us KFC, Pizza Hut, Kmart...

Tho if McDonald's didnt open a shop every 5 meters that'd be great thanks.

On behalf of America, I appologize for Kmart. You deserve better.

I agree with Azie on this. Sorry for KMart.. or as i like to call it "Ghetto Mart - Where everyone is treated worse than Wal-Mart"

Lol i will agree Kmart is one of the worst shops ive seen... good nick name for it XD
03/10/2016 3:13 am
Halorules555
A Common Shrew
Azie
Lachie1770Well American stuff is better then most other stuff that comes into Australia.. They brought us KFC, Pizza Hut, Kmart...

I agree with Azie on this. Sorry for KMart.. or as i like to call it "Ghetto Mart - Where everyone is treated worse than Wal-Mart"

One time I bought a pair of K-Mart brand headphones. Wore them for a second, didn't even try playing anything through them. It went straight into my "never open again draw" and decided to sticky tape my broken pair of headphone back together and use those instead. Unfortunately, I'm stuck using a K-Mart mouse because it was cheap.
03/10/2016 3:06 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Dragon
NakuMog
Azie

03/10/2016 3:04 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Mylesk23
I voted yes, because everything America has is slowly coming to Aus. KFC, Mc Donalds ETC. Leading us Auzzies to become obese.
(I don't want to offend any Americans here, It's just what is starting to happen to Australia)
03/10/2016 3:01 am
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher
yoda473
I wouldn't say we are Americanised yet, but it seems we are drifting closer and closer to this point. I even have had some teachers that taught me to spell the 'Murican way: honor instead of honour, odor instead of odour, etc.
Lachie1770Well American stuff is better then most other stuff that comes into Australia.
Australia is just pathatic [at making films]
Id rather be Americanised cause Their food is more editable...

Manga, 'nuff said.
Have you even seen Red Dog?
Have you even eaten a Tim Tam?
Have you even been to where I live (yeah, probably not xD) where the nearest Macca's is 200+km away?
Joking
The Amazing SpyAt least we don't have to use the *shudders* imperial measurement system. It's just awful the imperial system, too big

Personally, I'd prefer it if everyone had been brought up on the same system, it'd make life a lot easier, especially when I'm on chat here and someone starts talking about "yards" and I'm like, "Ah yes, I get ten bucks for each one I mow."
03/10/2016 2:16 am
Level 29 : Expert Birb
Auradyme
Nah, can never have too many American things here.
I also don't really have any pride in being Australian/don't care where I live~
03/10/2016 2:58 am
Halorules555
Yeah, I try and be as Korean as possible.
03/10/2016 1:34 am
Level 1 : New Miner
The Amazing Spy
At least we don't have to use the *shudders* imperial measurement system. It's just awful the imperial system, too big
03/10/2016 1:32 am
Lachie1770
Love how Australia is worried about America "OverRunning" Australia when the Chinese are buying mass amount of farms etc.. And The British Have a big influence cause well they settled the place so yea... America hasnt really "Overrun" Australia..
03/10/2016 12:55 am
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
NetworkPCE
The US might be the strongest country in the west, and the newest influencer. But US influence in Australia is not even close to British influence. The British still today have put a larger impact on culture than the US, maybe even the French as well.
03/10/2016 5:04 am
Level 27 : Expert Network
Dynit
I would question about saying the US being the strongest country in the west but I would agree on British Influence. Much of the commonwealth countries that Britain associated with have influenced how said countries become modernised/westernised.
03/10/2016 12:43 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

No.

As an Australian, I can proudly say, no, Australia is not too Americanised. It can resemble America is some ways, but Australia handle alot of things very differently.
03/10/2016 12:33 am
Level 32 : Artisan Toast
_Hellcat_
I'm Aussie too. I think we're trying to keep a balance, keep modern but keep independent. Hard to tell.
03/08/2016 10:57 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
Flappo
So true.
03/07/2016 1:44 pm
Level 23 : Expert Nerd
likn
America is taking over everything

Soon, I'm pretty sure Planet Earth will become Planet America
03/07/2016 1:33 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
Flappo
Every country gets overwhelmed by America's great actors and entertainment, it's not only Australia. ;p
03/07/2016 10:09 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie

03/07/2016 4:40 am
Lachie1770
Well American stuff is better then most other stuff that comes into Australia.. They brought us KFC, Pizza Hut, Kmart and maybe a few others, better than what Europe brings in: Ikea: No thanks, Audi: Just no.

Also I gotta say Least America Can make movies, Australia is just pathatic

Id rather be Americanised cause Their food is more editable...

03/07/2016 4:45 am
Halorules555
The thing is America has such a huge entertainment industry. This leads to most of our movies having less funding since we can just watch America's TV shows and movies.
03/07/2016 4:48 am
Lachie1770
And they have better actors too just saying.. Just saying
03/07/2016 3:11 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Scribe
SuperSecretFakeAccount
Yep, Think about all the things we got from america, McDonalds, Pizza hut, Obesity, Action films,

Tissues....
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome