I can't seem to get over something stolen!

b7e's Avatar b7e4/21/14 9:08 pm
4/21/2014 10:46 pm
some1epic123's Avatar some1epic123
I've grown up knowing some -snip- people, and since I was a little kid, I've pretty consistently had things stolen from me. About three months ago, however, my PS3 that I'd left at my mother's house was stolen, along with her HDTV.

Now, Gaming is a hobby I take pretty seriously. Over the years, I've sunk a lot of time and money into that PS3, and with the games downloaded onto it, it was probably worth about $700+.

That may be a lot of money, but the thing is, I'm still finding myself filled with absolute *rage* almost every day. Just this morning, I woke up because I was dreaming about the entire incident. I've never been "happy" about getting robbed, but I find myself getting really worked-up in a way that I just never remember happening in the past. Maybe it is the investment; when I was younger, I never had anything more than about $100 stolen, save for my bike one time.

Of course, what makes matters worse is that I have two suspects as to who stole those things. The first is my cousin, whom I've sacrificed a lot for in trying to be good family to him (his dad went to jail when he was really young). The other is my mom's neighbor's kid, who is probably about 17 or 18 now, and just last year we know he shot a BB through one of her windows while everyone was out. I'm not 100% about either of them, of course, but I feel pretty strongly that it was one of the two.

Of course, I tried turning to the local Police office when we first realized the stuff was stolen, but she lives in the jurisdiction of a bunch of do-nothing idiots that, in the months since I've contacting them, having even so much as contacted any of us, so clearly they just don't give a sh*t. I even told them I had the goddamn Serial Number for the system, and they didn't care to even jot it down!

The thing is... I'm getting worried about my own state of mind. I find it harder and harder to actually feel "happy". I'm constantly thinking about stuff like this -- that someone can just take whatever they want from you, that it might even be my own flesh and blood who did it -- and to be honest, I'm getting to a point that I feel like I'm just gonna "snap". Now, I would never "go postal" or anything that mindlessly violent, but I seriously spend more time than I care to admit, just thinking about taking matters into my own hands, attempting to track down the people responsible, and just beating the hell out of them when I find them.

I'm not saying that I feel unjustified in feeling that way, but... at this point, I feel like I'm the one being hurt, twice over. Not only did we have a -snip- of stuff stolen, but I feel like I've also been robbed of all peace-of-mind. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forums. I'd honestly post this on different forums but I know half of the people on it are inactive, which is awful. Heck, I don't even know why I'm posting this in the first place. But on the other hand, do any of you have any sort of advice? And before anyone suggests it, I don't have the money to see a psychologist.
b7e
Level 23 : Expert System

Create an account or sign in to comment.

ASF
04/21/2014 10:46 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Smasher200
SilentLeopardI've grown up knowing some sh*tty people, and since I was a little kid, I've pretty consistently had things stolen from me. About three months ago, however, my PS3 that I'd left at my mother's house was stolen, along with her HDTV.

Now, Gaming is a hobby I take pretty seriously. Over the years, I've sunk a lot of time and money into that PS3, and with the games downloaded onto it, it was probably worth about $700+.

Yet another .gif added to my "smasher's .gifs" folder.

Back to the OP...
In all honesty, it won't make you feel better finding the people who stole your stuff and beating them up.
I did that to one of my cousins, and I seriously didn't feel better. If anything, I felt terrible realizing that I'd beaten up someone over a stupid game console (xbox 360, if it makes a difference).
I understand that your stuff was super expensive, but the best thing to do would be to let it go. The second best thing would be to (try and) better protect the valuables that you have. If you find yourself constantly getting robbed, you could take precautions to hiding things that are valuable to you at night. I know that you won't know when someone might rob you, but if you're really serious about it, then you might want to do that.
Regarding the games, I would say something that you could do (Since it's "technically" legal, since you've already bought the games), but I'm afraid that it might get reported.
Hope this helped.
SkaalAnya
04/21/2014 10:38 pm
Level 45 : Master System
good luck, SilentLeopard
b7e
04/21/2014 10:35 pm
Level 23 : Expert System
Wow.
Thank you everyone for reassuring me. I know this will be a hard road to take, but I'm working on getting a new system. If not that, I'm working my as* off trying to get it back. Hopefully I will, odds are: I won't, Unfortunately.

Wish me luck.
Rice
04/21/2014 9:53 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Taco
Well I know this isnt very related to the problem but, I would go change your PSN password because they could spend your money attached to it (or use your credit card, if its on your account). You'd end up losing even more money.

That is if I remember correctly and you dont need to re enter info.
shinadafan2012
04/21/2014 9:45 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Sus
SilentLeopardI've grown up knowing some sh*tty people, and since I was a little kid, I've pretty consistently had things stolen from me. About three months ago, however, my PS3 that I'd left at my mother's house was stolen, along with her HDTV.

radioactiveglucose
04/21/2014 9:42 pm
Level 47 : Master Architect
Those seem like things that would be pretty hard to steal if it was somebody close to you. I'm thinking it would be a robber or something. I mean come on its pretty hard to keep a stolen PS3 and TV hidden from somebody who you see regularly. And wouldn't parents figure out that they stole?
Deth_Glitch
04/21/2014 9:38 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Turtle
The thing that's probably upsetting you the most is the fact that it was stolen from inside somewhere you felt safe. The only advice I can give you is give yourself a distraction for the time being, while I am sure that post this has, in some small way helped I would advise spending sometime doing something you enjoy or, find some friends on mc and just play mc with them, maybe even go on a server you like and get lost in it, personally I would probably hide in the RP forum for a month if that was me
experttacobear
04/21/2014 9:36 pm
Level 27 : Expert Taco
I know apple products come with Find My iPhone. Does your PS3 home with anything like that?
shinadafan2012
04/21/2014 9:47 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Sus
I don't think any Sony products come with that feature.
experttacobear
04/21/2014 10:35 pm
Level 27 : Expert Taco
Okay I didn't know. It would be a nice addition.
TheMightyWaffle
04/21/2014 9:32 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
i would sit down with both of those... individuals... and ask them *Nicely* if they stole your console and tv. and if they didnt, then maybe you should try contacting 5the police again and being firm, and say that you are not getting off the phone without them taking some action. (By nicely, i mean slap the -snip- out of them. unless your not very voilent. then threaten to destroy their houses. also not a good idea. you know what? nevermind. you do whatever you want.
Pig Republic
04/21/2014 9:20 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Pixel Painter
Man. That Sucks.
Flying_Flames_13
04/21/2014 9:20 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
I can give you some of my DOGE if that would make you feel better.
some1epic123
04/21/2014 10:46 pm
Level 23 : Expert Modder
You have DOGE?
RealForge
04/21/2014 9:33 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Taco
I would love some doge!
Dinodaw
04/21/2014 9:16 pm
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
My best advice? let it go. It might be hard, but it'll be the best thing for you. Sit down, take a deep breath, and let it go.

And maybe taking up a new hobby could help too.
jackielove8_
04/21/2014 9:26 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Skinner
She cant do that! $700+ I would not let that go think about it mate!
SkaalAnya
04/21/2014 9:31 pm
Level 45 : Master System
i kind agree with this,

it happened to me when i spend more than $700 i feel like i regret it saying to myself

"i could've brought something better not spending on worthless that wont last forever and so on"

i always remember to myself that kind money i spend, memory wont go away, i felt sorry to myself i regret it but learn lesson "never spend video game ever again"

so just saying calm down and forget it, that not gonna work, im very upset what i spend and knew this gonna happened"
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome