Cooking recipes ( in real life )

Phrozenbit's Avatar Phrozenbit3/26/13 1:19 pm
3/26/2013 4:58 pm
Phrozenbit's Avatar Phrozenbit
Time for something totally different:

So I'm basically cooking at the moment ( well technically i'm wrting this now as I cook ). Creating my own spaghetti, for one today. I had to improvise a little because i din't have one of those pre-made spaghetti souses. Excuse me for some translating mistakes btw. This recipe is is open-source and licensed under GPLv3

So what do I use:

Minced pork meat ( 200 grams )
One large union.
Two pieces of garlic.
A nice red bell peper.
Tomato paste ( tomatos stamped to a pulp )
Some olive oil ( not to much )
A bit of water

As seasoning:

Some salt ( to your own taste )
Some white peper ( to your own taste )
Some oregano ( again to your own taste, but don't over do it )
You can also add some paprika powder.

Preparing the stuff:

Peel and cut the undion into small bits, and put that into the pan you create the sauce in. Then peel the garlic, either cut that into very small bits, or use a garlic press. Don't forget the bell peper, vegetables are good for you so cut that up into small blocks and throw it in there.

Get the tomato paste ( we have those in small cans in the Netherlands ) and put that in the pan as well. This is concentrated stuff so thin it with some water just enough so you get a nice saucy goodness. Stir around in that a little and mix it up. When it's mixed up, lit the stove and let it warm up a bit on a low fire. Don't let it become like lave and make it boil, this vaporises your water again leaving you with a thick tomato-y paste that doesn't taste very well. Add some salt and peper to your own taste. Be careful with this as you are bound to use to much very quickly, taste if you have too. You can better have to little, then too much, you can add later on, but not take away.

By now it's time to get the meat, and to put it in its own pan. Lit the fire under it and make sure it's hot enough at first. Stir around in that pan to spread it evenly. This is important folks, you don't want to get sick so make sure you heat it thoroughly to make sure it get's cooked well enough. In the mean time stir around in your sauce a little. Add a bit of salt and pepper here as well but remember you have put that in your sauce also so be careful again.

When the meat 's done, throw it with the sauce you just made. If you happen to notice the sauce got a bit thicker, then just add a bit more water. Stir it good and let that sit a while on a low fire.

Now it's time to get your pasta, and cook that. Just put some water in another pan and boil the water first. When it boils, turn down the heat on the stove a bit and add the pasta. Be carefull because the stuff grows when it starts to get ready. DONT overcook your pasta, you will have a gewy mess that does not resemble spaghetti even close.

What I always do is mix everything up in the sauce pan and add a little tiny bit of olive oil to make it taste a bit Italian hehe. Usually i let it sit there with a cover on it for 15 minutes, but when i'm hungry I just eat it when it's done, like now.

So there you have it, my spaghetti hehe. Do you have any good recipes ? Share them here.
Phrozenbit
Level 18 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/26/2013 4:48 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
xXPecuniamXx
Yes. It's food, why wouldn't it be?
03/26/2013 4:58 pm
Phrozenbit
well then I'm interested ^^
03/26/2013 4:40 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
xXPecuniamXx
Anybody interested in any Molecular Gastronomy recipes?
03/26/2013 4:45 pm
Phrozenbit
Is it eatable ?
03/26/2013 4:38 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist
Boskabouter
egg-salad:

hard boiled eggs
a little mayo (not to much)
pepper
salt
a splash worchestershiresauce
and curry, lots of it.

mash/stir this together.
if it is to dry, put a little splash water with it (not to much, you can't get it out when it's too much)

This is delicious on bread or toast, I've never met anyone who didn't like it (not anyone who has ever tasted it that is)

(apologies for the bad English, I've never tried to write a recipe before)
03/26/2013 4:36 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
wormeater
THIS LOOKS GREAT! if you like bleu cheese you should try my recipe! it was published!:allrecipes.com/Recipe/Bleu-Harvest-Soup/Detail.aspx
03/26/2013 4:17 pm
Level 44 : Master Network
EnderSven
Haha he made a mess that's kinda funny
03/26/2013 4:26 pm
Phrozenbit
Yeah hard not to

Anyone else with a recipe ?
03/26/2013 3:45 pm
Boskabouter
Phrozenbit
Boskabouter
Nice hack on the food hun ^-^
that reminds me... we should buy some of that pre-made spaghetti souse...

hehee We should put that pre-compiled sauce on the groceries list.

Sorry for the mess in the kitchen

That's seems to be a good idea.
and let's do the dishes together
03/26/2013 3:33 pm
Phrozenbit
Boskabouter

hehee We should put that pre-compiled sauce on the groceries list.

Sorry for the mess in the kitchen
03/26/2013 3:24 pm
Boskabouter
PhrozenbitTime for something totally different:

So I'm basically cooking at the moment ( well technically i'm wrting this now as I cook ). Creating my own spaghetti, for one today. I had to improvise a little because i din't have one of those pre-made spaghetti souses. Excuse me for some translating mistakes btw. This recipe is is open-source and licensed under GPLv3

So what do I use:

Minced pork meat ( 200 grams )
One large union.
Two pieces of garlic.
A nice red bell peper.
Tomato paste ( tomatos stamped to a pulp )
Some olive oil ( not to much )
A bit of water

As seasoning:

Some salt ( to your own taste )
Some white peper ( to your own taste )
Some oregano ( again to your own taste, but don't over do it )
You can also add some paprika powder.

Preparing the stuff:

Peel and cut the undion into small bits, and put that into the pan you create the sauce in. Then peel the garlic, either cut that into very small bits, or use a garlic press. Don't forget the bell peper, vegetables are good for you so cut that up into small blocks and throw it in there.

Get the tomato paste ( we have those in small cans in the Netherlands ) and put that in the pan as well. This is concentrated stuff so thin it with some water just enough so you get a nice saucy goodness. Stir around in that a little and mix it up. When it's mixed up, lit the stove and let it warm up a bit on a low fire. Don't let it become like lave and make it boil, this vaporises your water again leaving you with a thick tomato-y paste that doesn't taste very well. Add some salt and peper to your own taste. Be careful with this as you are bound to use to much very quickly, taste if you have too. You can better have to little, then too much, you can add later on, but not take away.

By now it's time to get the meat, and to put it in its own pan. Lit the fire under it and make sure it's hot enough at first. Stir around in that pan to spread it evenly. This is important folks, you don't want to get sick so make sure you heat it thoroughly to make sure it get's cooked well enough. In the mean time stir around in your sauce a little. Add a bit of salt and pepper here as well but remember you have put that in your sauce also so be careful again.

When the meat 's done, throw it with the sauce you just made. If you happen to notice the sauce got a bit thicker, then just add a bit more water. Stir it good and let that sit a while on a low fire.

Now it's time to get your pasta, and cook that. Just put some water in another pan and boil the water first. When it boils, turn down the heat on the stove a bit and add the pasta. Be carefull because the stuff grows when it starts to get ready. DONT overcook your pasta, you will have a gewy mess that does not resemble spaghetti even close.

What I always do is mix everything up in the sauce pan and add a little tiny bit of olive oil to make it taste a bit Italian hehe. Usually i let it sit there with a cover on it for 15 minutes, but when i'm hungry I just eat it when it's done, like now.

So there you have it, my spaghetti hehe. Do you have any good recipes ? Share them here.

03/26/2013 1:39 pm
EnderSven
Sure I will ^.^
03/26/2013 1:24 pm
EnderSven
Sounds yummy going to make that this weekend,
03/26/2013 1:32 pm
Phrozenbit
hehe nice experiment a little too ^^ let me know how it tasted