Did you ever take part in a lottery?

Bertiecrafter's Avatar Bertiecrafter12/6/19 1:14 pm history
1 emeralds 222 9
12/11/2019 2:31 pm
Arsham81SHAE's Avatar Arsham81SHAE
Hey there!

I was wondering how many of you ever took part in some kind of lottery?

Maybe you are an active participant or maybe you just got a couple tickets gifted for your birthday, Christmas or New Year's Eve. Maybe you participated in an event where you had the chance of winning something, without spending anything on it (for younger people). We sometimes get those scratch cards in the mail, but never won anything. One side of my family always get gifted 1 ticket at New Year's Eve from my grandparents, just to see if someone gets lucky.

I once got one of those free scratch cards and I won something. To see what I've had won, I had to visit the website and join for a small fee. The website had big banners advertising the jackpot, with the same icons I got in the background. My naive young self really thought he won big, because the icons matched the design of the website. Obviously I lost money that day because the prize was less than €5 and I got cured from lotteries forever.

Share your experiences in the comments below =)
About the poll, if you buy tickets and get gifted them too, choose an option that's about buying.

A fair warning for younger people, gambling activities can be addictive. Know that more often than not, you'll lose everything you spend. This post does not promote taking part in such activities, it's just about sharing your experiences.

Although a lot of money gets lost when you take part in lotteries, there isn't much of worth to lose within a Minecraft world. If you want to have the thrill of possibly getting rich with actually fair chances, but without spending a single bit of money, check out my Lotteries Datapack.
Bertiecrafter
Retired Moderator
Level 70 : Legendary Engineer