Explain to me "SteamPunk"

Grand Admiral Joey's Avatar Grand Admiral Joey12/21/13 10:45 pm
12/22/2013 12:39 am
Neptonic's Avatar Neptonic
So i have heard the bandwagon SteamPunk, and as a skinner, i have had a few people ask me to make them various SteamPunk Skins... But i want to know what steam-punks is! is book sereis, tv show, comic or something? i think from what i have seen, its a very cool idea, and i would like to check it out more. But i just dont know where to even begin! If someone could help me out and describe how i could get to know the steam punk band wagon easier, that would be helpful! lol
Grand Admiral Joey
Level 28 : Expert Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/22/2013 12:39 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Neptonic
Steampunk: A universe where a handcannon and a rapier can sove any problem (unless you need to travel, that's where your jet powered horse n' buggy comes in handy).
12/21/2013 11:25 pm
Grand Admiral Joey
Thank you so much everyone! This helps
12/22/2013 12:01 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
I found almost everything that everyone else said, by simply googling "steampunk".
You either didn't google it, or you didn't put effort into researching the subject.
12/21/2013 10:58 pm
Level 25 : Expert Hunter
bigf
Allow me to inspire your brain

"Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction that typically features steam-powered machinery,[1] especially in a setting inspired by industrialized Western civilization during the 19th century. Steampunk works are often set in an alternative history of the 19th century's British Victorian era or American "Wild West", in a post-apocalyptic future during which steam power has regained mainstream use, or in a fantasy world that similarly employs steam power. Steampunk perhaps most recognizably features anachronistic technologies or retro-futuristic inventions as people in the 19th century might have envisioned them, and is likewise rooted in the era's perspective on fashion, culture, architectural style, and art. Such technology may include fictional machines like those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne, or the modern authors Philip Pullman, Scott Westerfeld, Stephen Hunt and China Miéville. Other examples of steampunk contain alternative history-style presentations of such technology as lighter-than-air airships, analog computers, or such digital mechanical computers as Charles Babbage's Analytical Engine." -Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
12/21/2013 10:55 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Steampunk is a sub-culture inspired by a fictional Victorian era post-apocolypse where everything is steam-powered. It takes elegant, eleborate designs of the Victorian era and makes them more utilitarian. Think corsets meet aviation goggles and pocket watches meet canes that are actually concealed guns (that's a real thing, by the way).
12/21/2013 10:55 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Geek
OneSidedBattle
The game Dishonored is a great example. Along with Guns of Icarus.
12/21/2013 10:54 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Architect
DivineMedicus
Steampunk is victorian / gothic / medieval style but with a complex unity with modernism and machinery (industrial age).
This is why steampunk kingdoms are usually filled with wheels, machinery, things running on steam. There was an entire contest dedicated to steampunk skins, you should check it out.
12/21/2013 10:53 pm
Grand Admiral Joey
Google was no help. I want to know what it is. it only describes the genre. is there books or movies or something??
12/21/2013 10:59 pm
Level 25 : Expert Hunter
bigf
12/21/2013 10:49 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Botanist
Treeo
Google.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome