Free Server Host?

UnceCrafter's Avatar UnceCrafter7/6/13 10:28 pm
7/6/2013 11:27 pm
minecraftsupply's Avatar minecraftsupply
I need a free host for a server that I have planned. I don't really require much so long as it is 24/7 and at least 1GB of RAM.

The Idea:
I was thinking of creating an RPG server full of quests and dungeons. The server would have the Sentries addon to the Citizens mod and would have many towns and things to do. I could have guards stationed right outside dungeons and bosses to kill for epic loot.

That's it. See you all later. If you can do this, please post and we might be able to work out something.
UnceCrafter
Level 10 : Journeyman Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/06/2013 11:27 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Zombie
minecraftsupply
Why would you want a free host? They are bound to have problems with uptime and will most likely lag. I have been using minecrafted.net for over a year now, and they are probably the best hosts around. You can start off with $4/month for 1GB of ram, which is enough for 20 or so players. They are completely hassle-free, just select your jar file and click Start (you can also upload any jar you want via FTP).

You can use this link to start: http://order.minecrafted.net/aff.php?aff=102505
07/06/2013 11:19 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
-Rusty
Zealotlord13
UnceCrafterI need a free host for a server that I have planned. I don't really require much so long as it is 24/7 and at least 1GB of RAM.

The Idea:
I was thinking of creating an RPG server full of quests and dungeons. The server would have the Sentries addon to the Citizens mod and would have many towns and things to do. I could have guards stationed right outside dungeons and bosses to kill for epic loot.

That's it. See you all later. If you can do this, please post and we might be able to work out something.

Their is no free server host bud. Seriously $15 dollars a month isn't much for a host.

Alot of server providers will give you a free host if you have a great and original idea. But if you don't start getting donations to keep it up, you might be kicked out of the server.
07/06/2013 11:15 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
Bugmeet
I have heard of several FREE SERVER HOSTS. ... They are scams.

if you want dirt cheep go to www.VORTEXSERVERS.com thats what I used forever.

Let them know bugmeet sent you.

last I checked you can get as low as $2 per month
07/06/2013 11:10 pm
Level 21 : Expert Architect
biglemon29
do it off Ubuntu Linix, its free
07/06/2013 11:05 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Dragonir
Just download the minecraft server files from minecraft.net thats free.
07/06/2013 11:03 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Narwhal
MegaNarwhal_
Unfortunately (and fortunately, in some ways) running a server is never free. Bandwidth, electricity, maintenance, and support cost money. You can run your server from home if you don't want to pay a host, but even that isn't completely free and won't yield the best server performance on laptops or low-end desktops. My view is that there are already thousands of servers out there, so if you aren't making enough donation money to sustain the server (preferably with a little left over), maybe it isn't worth hosting Here's a website with reviews of tons of different server hosts if you decide to rent a server.
07/06/2013 10:41 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Network
Curtes
There's a really legit AND cheap Minecraft hosting site.
http://minecrafted.net/
07/06/2013 10:45 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
Seivelath
very cheap indeed so gonna use this if I ever get 8 dollars over teh interwebs... I just wish I could make my own server
07/06/2013 10:48 pm
Level 46 : Master Creeper Hugger
Nuclear_pie
Make a dedicated server if you're looking for free hosting.
07/06/2013 10:32 pm
Level 40 : Master Lumberjack
MasterSky
i dont understand what hosts are. my friend has a server and he doesnt pay or anything, he just had to port forward and all that stuff. what do hosts do?
07/06/2013 10:34 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
ChaosExpert
Give more memory, RAM, and can have them be run 24/7. And they will handle all problems
07/06/2013 10:30 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
Zealotlord13
UnceCrafterI need a free host for a server that I have planned. I don't really require much so long as it is 24/7 and at least 1GB of RAM.

The Idea:

Their is no free server host bud. Seriously $15 dollars a month isn't much for a host.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome