Freedom for each, freedom for all!

Snowyfox's Avatar Snowyfox4/29/14 4:12 pm
4/30/2014 6:08 pm
Torborn's Avatar Torborn
*plot twist* The title is the question.

What is your ideal concept of freedom?

I'm not asking you define freedom according to what everyone else says; I want you to tell me what the freedom you truly want is.

Say, if you're the kind that fancies authoritarian governments, you'd still have a kind of freedom that you would like; perhaps freedom to move around the country, freedom to beat up any criminal you see, etc.. Everyone can have their own definitions of "freedom".

*shoving a spoiler in here later when I get a chance to type my traditional lengthy answer to opinion questions like this*
Snowyfox
Level 26 : Expert Princess

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/30/2014 6:08 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Artist
Torborn
I think true freedom lies between totalitarianism and anarchy. As for what that looks like.. I haven't really got a clue.
04/30/2014 5:56 pm
Level 26 : Expert Nerd
Amsarian
Aethroz
AmsarianWhatever freedom was originally intended to be is probably not what we have today.

Yes. I agree so much. Especially in Murika. Yes we have so much freedom, so much more than a lot of countries. However, the gov't and people abusing their Freedom, are restricting us immensely. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to live here. But I know this not what the founding fathers had in mind.

I'm not too familiar with America's idea of freedom, but I'd say that a lot less is restricted, unlike here in the UK. And that's said in a bad way.
04/30/2014 12:54 pm
Level 25 : Expert Cowboy
Aethroz
AmsarianWhatever freedom was originally intended to be is probably not what we have today.

Yes. I agree so much. Especially in Murika. Yes we have so much freedom, so much more than a lot of countries. However, the gov't and people abusing their Freedom, are restricting us immensely. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to live here. But I know this not what the founding fathers had in mind.
04/30/2014 11:53 am
Aethroz
Like the new prof.
Yea I just feel that too easily, freedom can be overtaken by laws.
04/30/2014 12:28 pm
Amsarian
Thanks, I kept changing between two images. Took me about half an hour to decide on this one

And freedom seems to be such a volatile thing, especially with the constantly changing governments. Whatever freedom was originally intended to be is probably not what we have today.
04/30/2014 9:33 am
Aethroz
@Amsarian
What if the laws they make, ruin your freedom?
04/30/2014 11:29 am
Amsarian
Then I guess it's a case of "Vive la révolution". I think I forgot to mention that I would want the laws to be in reason too, no tyranny on my watch.
04/29/2014 4:20 pm
Amsarian
I'd say that my opinion of freedom is freedom within limit. Not so free that you can do anything anywhere, but there would still be laws enforced. I think the freedom that what we in England have is good enough for me, but it could be a lot better.

I find that there is a fine line between freedom and anarchy, so there still needs to be someone to enforce the laws and make the laws. And people should keep what they do within consideration for other people.
04/29/2014 4:19 pm
Aethroz
Everyone may do as they wish, as long as it does not disturb or disrupt someone else's own Freedom. You may practice as you wish, and even preach as you wish, but you may never stop somebody else from doing so. You may express yourself however you wish, as long as it does not directly hurt or harm somebody(no unnecessary slander). You can do whatever. BUT, you can't do "whatever" if it stops other people from doing "whatever".

I also believe that consequence ties in very closely to Freedom. Such as, if you kill somebody, ruining their freedom, the same will be done to you. In the same fashion. Or at the bare minimum, to an equal extent(atrocity=atrocity. Stealing money=returning the money, and working off the same amount of money in a minimum wage gov't job)

Click to reveal
I may expand on this later.
04/30/2014 12:59 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Prince
n8mo
I was going to post something similar... But this is my exact mindset.
04/29/2014 4:17 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist
Jeffrey7747
Well, I see freedom if noone can control me. This means that noone can has a direct influence what I am doing or what I want to do. And... erm... yeah, that is basically it :l
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome