Game Ideas... Any good?

Redified's Avatar Redified11/13/14 4:47 pm
1 emeralds 355 8
11/15/2014 4:37 pm
Redified's Avatar Redified
I am a very creative person, I am always coming up with ideas for games, and some aren't any good, some are good in my perspective, and some are okay. I am going to list 2 games. (Game A and Game B) Both of which will have a description of what the game is about. I want you to decide if these games are any good, because I need a gamer's opinion. I also need a good name for Game A, because I am not that good with names.

(Game A) - Not yet named
This is an MMORPG, but not just any MMORPG, this is combined with fantasy games such as WOW, or Rift and a FPS game. I really liked this game because before, I thought that FPS and Fantasy didn't go together... but now I think they can if you put the effort in to them. Basically, there is a few different starter classes, (Blacksmith, Mage, Thief, Soldier and Recon) which have basic weapons. You kill people, buy weapons, sell potions, complete dungeons to earn XP which will level you up. Once level 30 you get to choose a profession. Each class comes with 2 professions to choose from. Usually 1 is offensive and 1 is defensive which gives you more controls on how you like to play the game.
That is about it for now, and if you want me to get really deep on details for the game, just ask and I might make a thread just for the game.

(Game B) - Doomsday
This game is an apocalyptic survival type game, but with different gamemodes. (Zombie, Solar, Nuclear, Free for all) With the zombie gamemode, you are put against 48 other people, and 1 zombie. Once killed/bit, you are infected. The zombies respawn, zombies get points for killing people and players get points for killing people/zombies. You get 2 points for killing someone, and 1 point for killing a zombie. Use points to unlock weapons. Last person standing wins.
With Solar, it is like zombie apocalypse but no zombies. The sun is getting very close to the sun, and you need cooling suits to prevent you from burning alive. There is 30 people, and 29 cooling suits. 12 of them are regular cooling suits, 10 are ruby cooling suits, and the 7 others are ELITE cooling suits, each one lasts longer than the other. Last man standing wins.
Nuclear is the same, but you need to get to a bomb shelter, and there are 30 people, and 1 shelter. Each person gets 10 lives, and the last team/person standing wins the bomb shelter.
Free for all is self-explanatory, last person standing wins. Again, ask if you want more details because I might make a thread for this game too.

Summary
Wow this is a long post. Thanks for reading! Make sure to vote in the poll above. Thanks for reading. ~Creeper
P.S. Did I mention thanks for reading?
Redified
Level 36 : Artisan Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

zoossrocks
11/13/2014 4:56 pm
Level 28 : Expert Toast
Game B seems really generic and 30-48 people would be really hard to play for people with bad computers. Game A seems pretty good though!
2pac is alive
11/13/2014 4:55 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Grump
too much cliche
Chron
11/13/2014 4:52 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Meh. I mean, they're nice ideas, they just seem... Really overdone. Try thinking outside the Fantasy and Apocalyptic boxes.
MissWriter
11/13/2014 5:05 pm
Level 25 : Expert Scribe
I would have to agree. From the bare bones of it, these two games are too boxed into their genres. They have the same elements as any Fantasy/Apocalypse game,
just shuffled in a different order to make it seem like each game has a unique concept.

A unique concept is generally taking a genre and mixing it with elements you wouldn't expect, like a fantasy game where you have to cook/serve meals at a tavern to heros/races/classes. Or a post-apocalypse game where you have to survive as a zombie by luring humans into pre-made traps.

Something like that is an idea of things that have been done, but not necessarily together.
Redified
11/13/2014 4:59 pm
Yeah, I know, but if I WAS going to develop the game and sell it, I wouldn't want to do something innovative to be honest. Thats why there are successful games such as COD, BF, Counter Strike, Titan Fall, Halo, etc... They are all FPS games. If I could change the facts I would, but god forbid someone actually buys an innovative game. I don't want to put $ in to a game and not make a profit.
MissWriter
11/13/2014 5:23 pm
Level 25 : Expert Scribe
If you wanted to make money first, then I would advise you to not go indie. That is literally the most expensive way (you fund yourself, your advertising, your website, etc.) to try and make money.

Work for a company or hire yourself out freelancing to do coding or development--that actually gets you a paycheck on a regular basis.

All those generic FPS games work because they already have an audience out there that isn't going to complain if they get more of the same game to play. But the moment someone new makes a game and replicates the formula, people cry wolf/copycat and say that they won't play it, that it's a rip-off, etc.
Redified
11/15/2014 4:37 pm
Nah man, I am 11 years old. Haha. I was just speaking hypothetically for when I got older and could do such a thing. Thanks for the feedback though I appreciate it.
Chron
11/13/2014 5:04 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
If you actually want to develop something, don't develop it for the money. Do it because you enjoy it. The indie gaming community is actually becoming quite popular, and innovation is what they feed off of. I personally don't recommend being mainstream for the sake of turning a profit, because, unless you have past experience, you're most likely going to get stomped. Start with something innovative, something that you enjoy producing, something that defines you as a producer. Then, once you hit it big (if you hit it big; as is life, very few make it big, so don't count on it), you can become mainstream, and, who knows, you could create a new mainstream.

Basically, I just want to say don't conform because the mainstream turns a profit. Do what you enjoy, because happiness means a lot more than money.

Wait a minute you're probably a kid... Why are you worried about mainstream game production anyway? Start with indie no matter what.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome