Gaming, College, Work Laptop

Pacitti44's Avatar Pacitti441/26/14 10:43 pm
1 emeralds 242 3
1/27/2014 12:39 pm
Kaev's Avatar Kaev
Hey Everyone,

I am going to college in a few months and I really wanted to get a good laptop that I can game on. Not only will I game on it, but also use it for school work. This is what I am hopping to get. My budget is $1,100.

I need a computer with:
- a good battery (5+ hours or more).
- Graphics card needs to be top notch.
- i7 processor
- Needs to able to handle gaming & recording & editing
- does NOT over heat
- has a back-lit keyboard
and can handle most games on high settings.

If anyone has any suggestions on good laptops for under $1,100 please comment or PM me.

Thank you!
Pacitti44
Level 24 : Expert Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/27/2014 12:39 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
Kaev
TheThinkerDon't limit your search to i7 processors, there are some pretty good i5s out there

Considering he's using this laptop for work and college, I should think he wanted the i7 for the hyperthreading, something which an i5 can't achieve. In a gaming case, an i5 would be just fine of course. Everything else is spot on.

SDJlegionTry a Razer

The Razer Blade is pretty nice actually, really great parts. At least you'll get more respect instead of using an Alienware...
But the Razer one is still really overpriced, £1500 in my currency. Mine costs a bit more then that, and I'm running an i5 4670k and a 780 Ti, no matter what, a laptop is going to be insanely priced.
01/27/2014 12:30 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Toast
BreakfastPizza
Try a Razer
01/27/2014 11:39 am
Level 23 : Expert Scribe
TheThinker
It's pretty much impossible to get a gaming laptop with a good battery life, unless you use it for anything other than gaming. What I find works best is to have a cheap laptop for doing school work, and then I built my own desktop for gaming. Don't limit your search to i7 processors, there are some pretty good i5s out there, and gpu is more important for gaming than cpu anyway. If I were to recommend something though, this should do you well.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 834231039R

edit: looks like the price went up on that one, missed a good deal
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome