I have a problem regarding my Undertale review... (SPOILERS)

AnimeFanFTW's Avatar AnimeFanFTW2/28/16 10:30 pm
1 emeralds 697 8
2/29/2016 9:56 pm
Sardonyx's Avatar Sardonyx
HUGE MASSIVE SPOILER FOR UNDERTALE, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

So, I have a problem. A big problem.

I very recently posted a unfinished blog of me reviewing Undertale (shameless link to the blog here: http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/ani ... undertale/) and I have hit a massive hurdle regarding the final route I haven't finished yet: The Genocide Run.

Click to reveal
More specifically, the boss fight with Sans.

I can't beat him.

Or at least, it will probably take an insane amount of time, energy, patience and practice to win. I have tried countless times, and I can't get very far without being absolutely annihilated. I'm at a dead-end.

I want to get past this boss so I can finish the route and give my final thoughts on the route, and the game in general. But it's really hard to do that when Sans is an insanely hard boss, and I'm really bad at bullet hell games.

So what should I do? Should I cheat at the game? Watch the ending on Youtube? Or just continue trying?

I'm seriously considering cheating or watching the ending on Youtube, but if I cheat, I'll feel like crap. And if I watch a video of the ending, I might not know what my game will show me, since the game has sooooo much different events that happen depending on your actions in the game.

Also, I do plan on actually beating Sans legit. I just want to be able to get past him to see the Genocide ending.

Thanks in advance, I guess.
AnimeFanFTW
Forum Moderator
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/29/2016 9:56 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Sardonyx
Yay! Now (spoilers)!!!!!!!! you get to erase the world! <3
02/29/2016 9:51 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Aay I won.

Thanks for the help, EnderDurant.
02/29/2016 11:43 am
Level 21 : Expert Fish
MrCatSquid
-snip-
02/28/2016 11:18 pm
Sardonyx
I wouldn't suggest cheating, since it makes you feel bad, and you don't get the happiness from finally beating him, so that eliminates that choice.
Sans is EXTREMELY difficult, and honestly very over powered (but understandably so), and it can get really tedious to have to keep fighting him over and over and over and over. However, it makes you really happy (and sad) when you finally beat him, since all your hard work has finally paid off. It took me 3 weeks to beat him, so don't feel bad if it takes you a while!
The advantages to watching it on YouTube are that you don't have to spend so much time on him, and you'll be able to finish your review sooner. Also, the ending doesn't really change at all depending on your choices, although it does feel more important when you do it yourself, since your name is used etc.
I personally would say to just stay determined and keep trying, but if it's really getting tedious and frustrating, and just making you bitter about the game, then feel free to watch it on YouTube.

I'll also give some tips on how to beat him:

READ IT I SPENT LIKE 30 MINUTES WRITING IT xD
Click to reveal
General tips:
Buy a Sea Tea from Gerson (the turtle shopkeeper in Waterfall)! It's really helpful for the 2nd section. Use it when he spares you, since it doesn't heal much, and you don't want to waste a turn drinking it.
Here's the foods you should try to have. (If you don't have them, don't worry. You can beat him with a legendary heros.)
Butterscotch-cinnamon pie
Instant noodles
steak in the shape of mettaton's steak
snowman piece(s)
Legendary heros

Try not to use ANY food before he spares you, since you can eat as much as you want then.
Also try to have the burnt pan, as it makes your food heal 4 more HP. It's in hotland, and you can backtrack to get it if you didn't throw it away.
Attacks:
First Half
"The strongest attack"
Just memorize how it works. You should try not to get hit at all during this one most of the time.

"Jump Rope"
tap the up key very lightly, and press it right when you land.

attack with lots of short bones going across the floor, and lots of long bones going across the ceiling in the opposite direction
Don't jump over each individual short bone! Follow the top ones across (left?), then follow the short ones the other way and repeat.

"Blue Bones"
Make small jumps over the white ones, also moving slightly with them, repeat.

Mixed height jump rope
Jump right when you land, and hold up for a time appropriate for the height of the bones? xD

Ones with platforms where you have to go either left and right (the ones that are always the same, and are platforming type ones)
Memorize them! xD

3 levels with bones moving with platforms
Stay on the bottom level as much as you can, and just move to the next level to dodge ones on the bottom level.

One with 3 columns of bones, where you're on a platform that moves right then left
don't jump very high Hitbox dodging is very helpful xD

Gaster Blaster 3 level one
Again, mostly stay on the bottom level unless there's a blaster on the bottom level. Then go to the 2nd level, and return to the bottom one once it's clear.

Second Half

Menu Attacks
Try to remember what option you used last turn. Press left right after the attack ends if you were on fight last turn.

Clips (one where it jumps between mini attacks)
Most of them involve jumping, so be ready to press up. Look out for Gaster Blasters, as it can be hard to dodge those ones. This one's just reaction speed..

Aiming Gaster Blasters
Go in a sorta circle shape, and move towards the blasters, not away from them.

Blue Slam
Watch his hand, not your SOUL! He points before your SOUL's direction changes. The really fast one is probably the 2nd hardest attack to dodge.

Opposite vertically moving bones
move up or down right away, then go in very small circles. I had a lot of trouble with this one.

"Alright survive THIS and I'll show you my special attack!"
The hardest attack to dodge (ironic how he doesn't understand why people don't use their strongest attack first, but then uses his strongest attack last, like stereotypical bosses xD)
Try to memorize this one too. Try to go into it with nearly full health. Sea Tea makes the circling Gaster Blasters SO much easier. It's really frustrating when you die on this, since you're SO close, but it is the hardest!
Once he starts trying to slam you on the walls (without any bones), you've won! (Slamming you against the walls doesn't do damage if you're at 1 HP)

OMG I had such a bad time writing all this >.< I hope someone uses it xD

Good luck, and stay determined!
02/29/2016 6:09 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Thank you so much for the helpful tips, it's really helped me in his very fast attacks.
I've gotten extremely close a couple of times now. But still no luck so far.
02/29/2016 8:33 pm
Sardonyx
No problem! I was stuck for a long time, and would love to help anyone who is stuck ^^
02/28/2016 11:09 pm
Level 29 : Expert Birb
Auradyme
git gud.
02/28/2016 11:03 pm
Level 48 : Master Dragonborn
Urrnge
You should git gud.

Click to reveal
If you're really having a hard time, you could watch the fight online and see their strategy. You can watch the fight without seeing the ending.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome