Have you ever been depressed?

Zemor's Avatar Zemor3/9/13 11:11 pm
3/10/2013 1:53 am
Bethamez's Avatar Bethamez
Probably the severe depression and anxiety that I used to experience some time ago. I was being bullied at school, and a death in the family didn't help. I can't really describe what I felt- it was just a sense of complete hopelessness and loneliness. I would come home and play video games to drown it all out, as well as lay down and just think about my life. I experienced thoughts of suicide once or twice as well...luckily I didn't let them get to me.
I never really broke down and cried- it was more like sitting there and letting everything that was going on weigh down on you with nothing you could do. It was a serious low point in my life....I don't know how I got out of it. I still suffer from anxiety now, though not really as bad as before.

The video games didn't really seem as fun to me- in fact, nothing was really fun anymore. They were just an escape. Something that could take my mind off of everything going on.

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? If you're going through it now, perhaps you could seek some guidance here as well.
Zemor
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/10/2013 1:53 am
Level 36 : Artisan Network
Bethamez
Apologies, but these topics always devolve into flame war.
Locked before that happens.
03/10/2013 1:49 am
Level 43 : Master Artist
knuckles5577
Who hasn't? you would have to literally be in heaven to not have been.
My life is horrible...... my parents fight all the time, my mom is nosy, I have no friends, I don't go to school, and to top it all..... we're really poor right now.
03/10/2013 1:52 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
syntheticmonster
You have a vast algorithm of knowledge on the internet, to make anybody captable of doing anything with their life. Your future is not pre-determined.
03/10/2013 1:41 am
syntheticmonster
Life is fragile. One can not have peace in mind without going through the worst life has to offer you first.
03/10/2013 1:47 am
syntheticmonster
Maybe I'm going in circles, but depression can be a beautiful thing.
The fundamental principle of human consciousness can be open to interpretation.
03/10/2013 1:38 am
Level 38 : Artisan Prince
Summertime
This is what my school did about bullying: Principle made a bunch of random kids come out so we would make a sand thing for the school staff to take a picture by. We made a sandman, because it was close to Christmas (:3) That didn't really do any help since I am super quiet, (Plus this was my first year at the school and nobody liked me.) I eventually had a breakdown in class, I went to the school therapist who did barely anything to help. Neither did my principle. So eventually, my grandma who was on the school board moved me into my current school in March (last year), after I refused to go to school.

So far it's been about a year, my studies are still at a C. Because my teacher Mrs. L (old school) was MONTHS behind. So I had to re-establish friendships with my classmates which I only made about three. Since I hadn't been to that school since that year. Nobody really understood me, so I am quite ignored by people. Because, at P.E. I'm the girl who really doesn't care like everyone else, I usually am walking while thinking of something unrelated.

By the time Pilot Cup I made about 11 friends, one moved away, and I really didn't call them "friends" since I always feel like I am unwanted. It took me about several months the next year to actually call them my somewhat friends. I had one friend in pre-school, but she moved away before Kindergarten. And one of my friends from my childhood has leukemia . (Or however you spell it.)

These are people I counted as friends;

Zoe - Moved away before Kindergarten

Marget ( Name changed ) - My friend with leukemia

Jack - An old friend who fitted in as one of the girls

Sophie (I think) - Moved away when I was in First Grade she was my neighbor

Then, I made a few more friends this year. The people above me were my friends. I am not in contact with them anymore.
03/10/2013 1:26 am
Level 31 : Artisan Artist
ilovepie289
I have
This has been going on since I was little, my dad always argued with my mom and I would always be the one to comfort her. That's hard for a 3 year-old to do. Later on when I'm in elementary, he left and I hadn't seen him in about a week and on a school night he tells me to go outside then I talk to him in the car and kept saying "Tell me if you want me to stay" then I kept saying yes. I don't know why I did that, but without him I wouldn't have my little brother. Yet he still hasn't changed. In the summer before I started 7th grade he left again, when he came back I had gone to my aunt's house with my mom and my two brothers. And the day he came to my aunt's house is when I hated him the most. He had stormed in there with my grandma and he grabbed a knife and held it to his wrist and told my mom "Save me, come back to the damned house, and save me". I knew he wouldn't do it, he's to stubborn to give up his life because he still wanted to gamble and smoke his life away. That was also the last time my older brother had hope for him, my brother is going into the Navy soon, and he wouldn't even talk to our dad about it. I've thought about suicide since I was little, I'm 13 now but I don't think about it as much anymore. I tried so hard to not think about the horrible things he's done, but I can't forgive him this time. Though it may not be a happy beginning, there may be a happy ending. I like to think of every bad beginning like the story of how Batman began except less rich.
03/10/2013 1:14 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Taco
UMadBro98
many times... mostly bc of family deaths and financial issues between 2 family members
03/10/2013 1:11 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
J0hnsmine
I am now for bullying.......
I It off and decompress by making youtube videos....
I have come close to Evil things Ex:breaking someones phone
Theeeeeen.... my favorite old dog died and my parents did not tell me for 3 months (GRRRRRRRRR)
I am almost to the point of bi-polar.
BUT WHO CARES!?!?

^
Me.
The twisted one talking about dead babies.
03/10/2013 1:06 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
I have moderate to severe chronic depression due to a chemical imbalance, but I really don't want to be medicated, so I just try to be positive. I don't get sad as much as I do other depression symptoms though, thankfully. It's hard to concentrate sometimes and I have trouble sleeping on occasion, but it's gotten a lot better since I moved to my other parent's home and changed schools. My advice to those struggling with this is to find someone you can rely on, whether it's a friend, family member, or a counselor. You should never feel ashamed going to see a therapist or school counselor as they are there to help.
03/10/2013 1:05 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
xXCasulaXx
Yes... I used to experience this, then... My grandmother went into hospital for Brain Cancer.... She didn't make it... That's what really triggered the mental breakdowns and depression. I still don't know how I escaped. But here I am.
03/10/2013 12:13 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
DarkStar4657
I got really depressed when my uncle got sick,we would see him in the hospital every now and then,unfortunately he didn't make it.. But life goes on.
03/10/2013 12:09 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragon
MinatoIsNo1
03/09/2013 11:24 pm
Level 24 : Expert Nerd
Panda_Queen
Yes, I have.
My mother went into the hospital a lot for a disease. For a year and a half she was in the hospital more than she was home. It worried me a lot, and I started shutting people out, and honestly it's just a feeling I can't put into words. I didn't really have many people to talk to other than my little bro who was 3 at the time, and my grandmother who came all the way across the USA to take care of us while my mom was hospitalized because my dad had to work and be with my mom as well. When I shut people out, I just stopped talking, and at that time I wasn't a big gamer so my outlet was reading. It helped me escape what was happening and let me, well escape that bad time.

Honestly, I don't think about it much now but every time my mom gets sick, deep down I worry she might have to go into surgery again or have to be hospitalized.
03/09/2013 11:26 pm
Zemor
Sorry about that, hope you're mother stays healthy.
03/09/2013 11:13 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Prince
Summertime
I did. Then I transferred schools. I'll probably see those people again in middle school.
03/09/2013 11:17 pm
Zemor
I'll go ahead and tell it to you- middle school sucks. It gets better in high school, but not much.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome